Sidney Lowe out at RCC

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Sidney Lowe out at RCC

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:16 pm

I feel bad for Don. NCS could be a very good program with a competent coach.

BTW... I gotta say I am surprised that both Capel and Pelphrey were fired yesterday. I always thought they were pretty decent coaches.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Re: Sidney Lowe out at RCC

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:33 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I feel bad for Don. NCS could be a very good program with a competent coach.

BTW... I gotta say I am surprised that both Capel and Pelphrey were fired yesterday. I always thought they were pretty decent coaches.

That's a defeatist (dare I say pussy) way to look at it. On the contrary, I think the conference benefits on the whole when the teams are better. The Selection Committee obviously didn't think much of the ACC on the whole, and we were left out despite a very solid performance in the nonconference (Yale notwithstanding). The perception was that the Big 10 and Big East were strong, and as a result their marginal teams got into the dance. The ACC's marginal teams (BC and Vag Tech) did not.

I want a strong ACC forward, and getting rid of some of the deadweight is a good thing, IMO.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:35 pm

oj, for one, applauds this move
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:36 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/03/sidney-lowe-to-step-down-as-coach-at-nc-state/1

an rcc fan only hopes that the 6 pm (5 pm oj time) press conference includes an announcement of his successor. the rest of us only hope that its another retard-a-thon like it was when syd was hired

the rcc boards are probably opining that they would accept donovan, pitino, or even bill self... but not much lower on the coaching ranks than that

Please remind me what it was like when they hired Syd? I did not realize he received the job after posting a 79-228 record as an NBA head coach.
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:18 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/03/sidney-lowe-to-step-down-as-coach-at-nc-state/1

an rcc fan only hopes that the 6 pm (5 pm oj time) press conference includes an announcement of his successor. the rest of us only hope that its another retard-a-thon like it was when syd was hired

the rcc boards are probably opining that they would accept donovan, pitino, or even bill self... but not much lower on the coaching ranks than that

Please remind me what it was like when they hired Syd? I did not realize he received the job after posting a 79-228 record as an NBA head coach.

they talked to a handful of a-list guys thinking that they would be fighting over the chance to coach in rolly. i don't remember the whole list but i remember rick barnes and calipari using them to get a raise... i'm sure someone can fill in the rest

I would imagine that Al Skinner is on the short list at this point.
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby wildcat81 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:36 pm

Can't image another ex-BC coach going to NCST.
Bring back David Thompson or Monte Towe. alley-oop
wildcat81
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:40 pm

Dereck Whittenburg did wonders at Fordham & is currently looking for a job... ;)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:44 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Dereck Whittenburg did wonders at Fordham & is currently looking for a job... ;)

Zing! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:47 pm

BRINGBRUCEPEARLTONCST

Someone needs to start a blog!
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:58 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:BRINGBRUCEPEARLTONCST

Someone needs to start a blog!

Someone put a red blazer on this man:

bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:00 pm

Al would probably be a good hire for them, actually. They don't need the rah-rah type at NCST, I don't think, and if he put some effort into recruiting they would be a solid team.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:01 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Al would probably be a good hire for them, actually. They don't need the rah-rah type at NCST

They loved Herb Sendek
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:47 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Dereck Whittenburg did wonders at Fordham & is currently looking for a job... ;)

Zing! :ace

Honestly what an incompetant dolt. I've never seen a coach winning 38% of his games get more pissed off when people questioned him. He looked like a bull with a red flag being waved in front of him.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:58 pm

I hope they hire Al Skinner. Have fun with that one NSCU fans.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:25 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Al would probably be a good hire for them, actually. They don't need the rah-rah type at NCST, I don't think, and if he put some effort into recruiting they would be a solid team.

Absolutely!

Ship that duck taped and tattered barcolounger down, the broken speaker phone with the mute button stuck down, the Lazy Elvis Assclown Vegas Suit if he gets a chance in the next 4 years to recruit at hotbed St. Anthony's in Jersey, and for when he hits the lunch time pickup-games gym please transfer his BC Rec Plex scoring totals to the way better facilities at Wolf Nation.

Simply mindboggling how fxcking stupid you are on every fxcking topic on earth.

Is that much better now?
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:50 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Al would probably be a good hire for them, actually. They don't need the rah-rah type at NCST, I don't think, and if he put some effort into recruiting they would be a solid team.

Absolutely!

Ship that duck taped and tattered barcolounger down, the broken speaker phone with the mute button stuck down, the Lazy Elvis Assclown Vegas Suit if he gets a chance in the next 4 years to recruit at hotbed St. Anthony's in Jersey, and for when he hits the lunch time pickup-games gym please transfer his BC Rec Plex scoring totals to the way better facilities at Wolf Nation.

Simply mindboggling how fxcking stupid you are on every fxcking topic on earth.

Is that much better now?

I really hope Marco Polo is our starting QB next year. With his arm strength, we couldn't possibly lose.

Meanwhile, hop on the BIKOROLLERCOASTER all the way to 6 bunnies and the NCAA championship, starting tonight!
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:13 pm

1--I thought with the weakness of the field m that if BC beat Clemson and got it, it could win 2 with Reggie and the rest playing perfect.

2-- Never said thie : ps - the clemson game means nothing... this team is IN!

May a cxnt weirdo like you TRE is Civilidiot?

Either way, when the history of the Board is long gone and forgotten, you will still be one sick, twisted, amd most of all ....STRANGE
little dude..

That is my new name for TRE Pignocchio stalker.... strange little dude...

:laugh :laugh :laugh

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:17 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
I really hope Marco Polo is our starting QB next year. With his arm strength, we couldn't possibly lose.

Never said that 74... I sure hoped he was the guy or CR... Thanks for trying againfags!!!

Meanwhile, hop on the BIKOROLLERCOASTER all the way to 6 bunnies and the NCAA championship, starting tonight!

Man, I wish it happened and that was true!!! .... just like I hope you both die in each other arms of AIDS!!!

By now SLD and CIVILAIDSFAGS!!!!ENJOY!

BUH BYE NOW!!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby GlorytoBC on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:50 pm

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:

they talked to a handful of a-list guys thinking that they would be fighting over the chance to coach in rolly. i don't remember the whole list but i remember rick barnes and calipari using them to get a raise... i'm sure someone can fill in the rest

I would imagine that Al Skinner is on the short list at this point.

Al Skinner is nowhere near the short list @ State and it also helps that the idiot AD they used to have was fired last May.
GlorytoBC
Carney Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:54 pm

TRE -

Can you check out the Raleigh-area Goodwill stores for me? I'm in the market for several red blazers. I'm guessing that Sid has spent the day unloading those bad boys. Thanks in advance.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:45 pm

Hewitt was fired? When the hell did that happen? I mean it's overdue, I just hadn't heard.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:03 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I hope they hire Al Skinner. Have fun with that one NSCU fans.

I bet he would do a pretty damn good job.

Regards,
Mrs. Skinner
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:06 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I hope they hire Al Skinner. Have fun with that one NSCU fans.

I bet he would do a pretty damn good job.

Regards,
Mrs. Skinner

i better not catch you peeking through my curtains

I'll be spying on you at every turn. Where can Al shop for handsome clothing?
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Return to Conte Forum