the Official NIT thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: the Official NIT thread

Postby bcmurph on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:52 pm

TurdFerguson {l Wrote}:I still think they have a shot at the play in 11 or a 12 seed. I don't think that ugly loss totally undoes the 45 RPI and 36 SOS. 2 years ago we all expected to get somewhere in the 9-11 seed range and we were a 7. Just need some help from tourney chalk and Sparty to die quickly.

I agree...Coming into today the last 4 in <Lunardi> were BC, VT, Georgia, MIch st...Georgia and their 8 wins over 200+ RPI teams goes down to Alabama and their 11 200+RPI wins, VT who we beat twice needs to go down, as well as USC (currently first 4 out)

We might be #68 but I don't think it's necessarily over...
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby auggiebc on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:54 pm

It's not over yet. But we need Mich State, USC, and VT to lose.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:55 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:It's not over yet. But we need Mich State, USC, and VT to lose.

Damnit, we're already losing focus on the NIT bunny!!!!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:55 pm

bcmurph {l Wrote}:
TurdFerguson {l Wrote}:I still think they have a shot at the play in 11 or a 12 seed. I don't think that ugly loss totally undoes the 45 RPI and 36 SOS. 2 years ago we all expected to get somewhere in the 9-11 seed range and we were a 7. Just need some help from tourney chalk and Sparty to die quickly.

I agree...Coming into today the last 4 in <Lunardi> were BC, VT, Georgia, MIch st...Georgia and their 8 wins over 200+ RPI teams goes down to Alabama and their 11 200+RPI wins, VT who we beat twice needs to go down, as well as USC (currently first 4 out)

We might be #68 but I don't think it's necessarily over...

68 is heaven. We are in!! Win 7!!!

69 is a bad tasting smelly twatwaffle.

:kudos to me.
Last edited by BCEagle74 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:56 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
auggiebc {l Wrote}:It's not over yet. But we need Mich State, USC, and VT to lose.

You just settle down there fella.

I decide which Bunny is worth taking home ---or Glenn Close--whatever!

You kids today!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:57 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
cremins {l Wrote}:all the bubble teams came to play today and are in now. i agree i dont think we win one game in the NIT now either
playing a hungry team from the CAA or something would be a disaster, we would get smoked by them.

BC might still creep in the NCAAs as 15 seed or something. It's not over yet.

This is why I contend IB is an alias...

okay :shrug have it your way, i guess its over...

I will bet you $1,000.00 that BC will never be a 15 seed, ever.

which generation of your offspring will get to collect on this bet - and does it follow the male offspring only (to keep the last name intact)

I concede that it will be difficult to collect on this bet. But I will tell you what, IB. I will bet you $1,000.00 that BC will never be a 14, 15, or 16 seed in the next 10 years.

I'm not much on betting. I'm just curious as to why you feel this way. Is there some "rule" that I am not aware of that mathematically prevents BC from being a very low NCAA seed?

you should have looked it up in your funk and wagnalls

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_baske ... on_process

Okay.

I saw that an SEC team made it as a very low seed, but they were a suck-wad tourney champion that year.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCeezy on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:59 pm

I don't think it's over yet either.

Need a lot to go correctly, but VT, USC, MSU, Penn St., New Mexico losses are needed. And maybe some more help too with whatever happens in C-USA.
BCeezy
Carney Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:00 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
cremins {l Wrote}:all the bubble teams came to play today and are in now. i agree i dont think we win one game in the NIT now either
playing a hungry team from the CAA or something would be a disaster, we would get smoked by them.

which generation of your offspring will get to collect on this bet - and does it follow the male offspring only (to keep the last name intact)

I concede that it will be difficult to collect on this bet. But I will tell you what, IB. I will bet you $1,000.00 that BC will never be a 14, 15, or 16 seed in the next 10 years.

I'm not much on betting. I'm just curious as to why you feel this way. Is there some "rule" that I am not aware of that mathematically prevents BC from being a very low NCAA seed?

Okay.

I saw that an SEC team made it as a very low seed, but they were a suck-wad tourney champion that year.

Yeah, that's all I was saying. 14 is possible, I guess, if you suck and then win the tourney. But the winner of the uber-crappy conferences are going to usually eat up the 16-14 seeds, unless formats change.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:02 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Okay.

Yeah, that's all I was saying. 14 is possible, I guess, if you suck and then win the tourney. But the winner of the uber-crappy conferences are going to usually eat up the 16-14 seeds, unless formats change.

fair enough
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:04 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

You just settle down there fella.

I decide which Bunny is worth taking home ---or Glenn Close--whatever!

You kids today!

What if Glenn Close is confronted with the Holy Grail bunny? That would be a helluva battle.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:05 pm

Lunardi has us out now. 4:05 PM Tsunami Time

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby auggiebc on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:10 pm

If we make the NCAA tournament then we will be a dangerous team, for many reasons including but not limited to:

-Southern's silky smooth low post moves
-Biko's abilty to not dribble the ball off his knee out of bounds every three minutes
-Raji's outside shooting
-Their "40 minutes of hell" defensive attitude
-Their keen ability to tire out their opponent by letting them get all the rebounds.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:11 pm

We need help. A VT loss and some other help, and BC might yet sneak in, but as of now, he has us getting edged out.

Hey VT's RPI and SOS suck!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:14 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:If we make the NCAA tournament then we will be a dangerous team, for many reasons including but not limited to:

-Biko's abilty to not dribble the ball off his knee out of bounds every three minutes
-Raji's outside shooting
-Their keen ability to tire out their opponent by letting them get all the rebounds.

Please can I re-post this and use my name.

Another POY candidate. We need a depository thread. Maybe I will copy them into the dictionery.

AC has a 1 point lead, but Chicken plays no defense and usually gets fried.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:16 pm

I am headed inland to Dallas to avoid the Tsunami.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BC '00 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:16 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:If we make the NCAA tournament then we will be a dangerous team, for many reasons including but not limited to:

-Raji's outside shooting

I've always thought that Biko looks mildly cross-eyed. That could cause things such as dribbling the ball of your knee. Anyone else ever notice this?
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby auggiebc on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Over the years, I have noticed that the Big East coaches do a very good job of "talking up" their fellow conference teams leading up to selection Sunday. Whenever Calhoun or Boeheim or Jay Wright, etc, get interviewed, they always make it a point to credit the other programs in their conference (and especially the bubble teams).

I think the ACC needs to do more of that. I'd like to see Roy Williams and coach K talk show more support for he BC's, V'T's, Miami's, etc, during their media blitzes this time of year. Especially with VT and BC sitting on he bubble.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby BC '00 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:49 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:Over the years, I have noticed that the Big East coaches do a very good job of "talking up" their fellow conference teams leading up to selection Sunday. Whenever Calhoun or Boeheim or Jay Wright, etc, get interviewed, they always make it a point to credit the other programs in their conference (and especially the bubble teams).

I think the ACC needs to do more of that. I'd like to see Roy Williams and coach K talk show more support for he BC's, V'T's, Miami's, etc, during their media blitzes this time of year. Especially with VT and BC sitting on he bubble.

are you claiming spaz got his skillz in media relations from the big east?

There's a difference between complimenting teams you just defeated and claiming your opponents are too good to compete with.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby apbc12 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:49 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:Over the years, I have noticed that the Big East coaches do a very good job of "talking up" their fellow conference teams leading up to selection Sunday. Whenever Calhoun or Boeheim or Jay Wright, etc, get interviewed, they always make it a point to credit the other programs in their conference (and especially the bubble teams).

Both of those guys, despite their reputations in the media, are schmucks. Coach K in particular never has a good word for anyone or anything if he can't claim some degree of credit for the qualities he's praising.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby auggiebc on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:52 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:

Both of those guys, despite their reputations in the media, are schmucks. Coach K in particular never has a good word for anyone or anything if he can't claim some degree of credit for the qualities he's praising.

I agree with that. And I think it is bogus that they don't have a more fraternal outlook in regard to their conference. Guys like Calhoun and Boeheim, for all their faults, are the first guys to pump up their own conference teams whenever they get the chance.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:57 pm

BC '00 {l Wrote}:

are you claiming spaz got his skillz in media relations from the big east?

There's a difference between complimenting teams you just defeated and claiming your opponents are too good to compete with.

awww shucks
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TurdFerguson on Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:32 pm

Hubert still thinks we make the field.
Well, when I see five weirdos, dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's *my* policy!
TurdFerguson
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:54 pm

BC '00 {l Wrote}:

-Raji's outside shooting

I've always thought that Biko looks mildly cross-eyed. That could cause things such as dribbling the ball of your knee. Anyone else ever notice this?

Back to back POY's by 00 with the icing faxcial.

Classic snotbuster.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Dirtywater75 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:07 am

An NIT appearance is not a bad thing when you achieve that with a young team as any game experience can be put in the bank. I remember that UConn's program got rolling after it won its first NIT with one of Calhoun's earlier teams. I would be ecstatic if this team went to the NIT and won it. I just doubt this team has the grit to make the most of it in view of all the seniors. BC has never won an NIT and it would be a good next step for the program.
Dirtywater75
Carney Hall

Postby chuckiedukes on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:38 am

This team is far too inconsistent for any type of tournament. Chalk it up to the reliance on the 3, the on-again, off-again defensive effort, the chance that Reggie might not "show up."

But you never know what you're gonna get with this team.
chuckiedukes
n00b

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:48 am

Look, we could've afforded a loss. But not a twenty-fucking-three point loss. Really? 47-70?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:49 am

Miracle BC got that far but remember one and all--- THE ACC WAS THE WEAKEST I HAVE EVER SEEN.... and BC still flubbed?

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby GlorytoBC on Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:29 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:

I agree with that. And I think it is bogus that they don't have a more fraternal outlook in regard to their conference. Guys like Calhoun and Boeheim, for all their faults, are the first guys to pump up their own conference teams whenever they get the chance.

k is an assface that will push the kid with cancer down the steps of his cancer hospital once the cameras are turned off. roy really IS that aww shucksie. ergo, media schmuck

If you beat Coach K enough times, he will respect you. The thing about that no one really has done that. Wake Forest is the only example I can use about that...Coach K will never ever say anything bad about Wake because in the mid '90s Wake kicked Duke's ass like 8 straight times. K even said that Jeff f'n Bzdelik was a GOOD HIRE for Wake and that he'll have them at the top of the ACC.
GlorytoBC
Carney Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:23 am

Postseason cookies for all! The women will travel to Yale (gasp!) for their NIT first rounder. :cheer

4 bunnies?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum