Friday Games and who to root against

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Friday Games and who to root against

Postby auggiebc on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:27 am

FWIW...this is from bracketology 101, the most accurate site out there.

Friday Preview

We'll keep it simple:

Colorado - Win and they are an absolute lock. Lose and they should still be safe, but they will have a long 2 days of waiting.

New Mexico - Win and they get serious consideration. No chance with loss

Penn State - Win and they likely end up on the last four in line. No chance with loss

USC - Win and they will either be the last team in or out. No chance with loss

Georgia - Win and they are an absolute lock. Lose and they should still be safe, but they will have a long 2 days of waiting.

Alabama - Win and they are fairly safe. Lose and its tough to imagine scenarios where they don't get squeezed.

Michigan State - Win and they are an absolute lock. Lose and they should be safe.

Michigan - Win and they are an absolute lock. Lose and they should still be safe but it also depends on what Penn State and Michigan State do.

Boston College - Win and they're in, lose and they're out.

Clemson - Win and they likely will be one of last teams in, lose and they are done.

Richmond - Win and they are an absolute lock. Lose and they should be safe, but it will be a long 2 days.

Virginia Tech - Win and they are in, lose and they are likely out.

St. Mary's - Nothing really to gain from the Weber State game. They are expected to win big and need to do so.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Re: Friday Games and who to root against

Postby bluefishskip on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:02 am

I posted this about an hour ago in the Updated Bracketology thread..........

Teams to root against on Friday: Oregon and USC in Pac 10, Penn State in Big 10, New Mexico in MWC, Alabama in SEC, UTEP/Memphis (to make sure CUSA stays 1 bid).
Teams to root for: Utah State in WAC.....need them to win their conference tourney or else they become a 2 bid league.

I think UAB's loss to E.Carolina yesterday will keep Conference USA as a 1 bid conference.....so the UTEP/Memphis train is playing for 1 spot.

From your post.......I think Colorado is already IN. Most of those teams are certainly going to be IN, but the teams that need to rally are Penn State, New Mexico, Alabama, and USC.
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:05 am

And I posted it before that in the Games to Watch thread. :D
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby auggiebc on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:15 am

sorry for reposting similar information. the main reason i posted this is because of the BC blurb. BC is one of only a few bubble teams who they think HAVE to win today. Compared to Mich State and several others who they think can afford to lose and still may be in the dance.

BC is backed into a corner here. We need to win today and shut everyone up.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Return to Conte Forum