the Official BC - Clemson Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: the Official BC - Clemson Thread

Postby bignick33 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:25 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:That possession with three of the worst 3-point shots in history pretty much sums this team's performance up.

If only they practiced shooting.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleDave on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Joe just made SportsCenter's not top 10...
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:27 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:That possession with three of the worst 3-point shots in history pretty much sums this team's performance up.

+5

On one note about Trapani, great effort today, but if a guy tries to dunk on you up 20+ in the last few minutes, he should be coughing up his teeth. Just sayin'.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:27 pm

How the fuck do you come out and play such uninspired ball with a berth on the line. Good riddance senior class. I've been waiting for a long time to see you graduate.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BC '00 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

+5

On one note about Trapani, great effort today, but if a guy tries to dunk on you up 20+ in the last few minutes, he should be coughing up his teeth. Just sayin'.

If Trapani had the choice to make over again, I think he stays at Vermont.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:28 pm

Well, if the plan was to save their legs for the tournament, it worked.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:29 pm

BC '00 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

+5

If Trapani had the choice to make over again, I think he stays at Vermont.

The fact that we think he's even having second thoughts says it all. Kind of scary that I think you're right.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:29 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:How the fuck do you come out and play such uninspired ball with a berth on the line. Good riddance senior class. I've been waiting for a long time to see you graduate.

Like I said ....
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:30 pm

1 tourney appearance in 4 years, which was an absolute embarrassment, all the while having an All-ACC performer on your team.

:74
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Serious question: If a couple of those early threes had dropped, would it have been a totally different game?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:32 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Serious question: If a couple of those early threes had dropped, would it have been a totally different game?

It was an ominous beginning, that's for sure. But Clemson't D is just stellar. Have to give them a lot of credit.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BC '00 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:33 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Serious question: If a couple of those early threes had dropped, would it have been a totally different game?

Does making baskets make a person want to win a basketball game?
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:33 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

+5

THIS. What's he got to lose? It's his last meaningful game at BC. Oh no, he might get suspended for the NIT.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:34 pm

While we're all butthurting right now...
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby shockdoct on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:35 pm

how quickly you forget our ability to dribble and receive passes in the first 10 min of the game.

It was almost like Len Elmore was channeling his inner TOB ("It is almost as if BC is losing the ball in the lights")
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:40 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:While we're all butthurting right now...

Yup, Gene will get to recycle a lot of his PR and marketing materials for the big NIT home tip.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:40 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:

how quickly you forget our ability to dribble and receive passes in the first 10 min of the game.

It was almost like Len Elmore was channeling his inner TOB ("It is almost as if BC is losing the ball in the lights")

You can't really blame the team - did you see how HUMID it was in Greensboro today?
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby BCeezy on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:42 pm

Realistically, any chance?

MSU loss to Purdue
Penn St. loss to Wisco
VT loss to FSU
USC loss to Arizona
Memphis or UTEP lose tonight, the other wins C-USA
New Mexico loss to BYU

I think we are out but it seems like it could be a complete toss up.
BCeezy
Carney Hall

Postby branchinator on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:43 pm

For everyone bemoaning the early misses, well, we were down 33-27 after Reggie started the 2nd half. Those missed 3's could have easily been overcome.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:43 pm

What can you write about this game and this effort? Just horrible all around with plenty of blame, from players through coaches. I know that message boards are prone to extreme reactions, but this was a disaster in the truest sense of that term (in a sports context). No energy. No execution. And no chance to make the tourney. I don't care how bad the matchup was, this was a dreadful performance that spun around a season's worth of hope. I'm a huge Don supporter, but how can you explain this game? The man needs to do better. Perhaps we can tone down the hype for him for a bit, because this was the coaching equivalent of Craig Smith's shit-show against GT.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:45 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:For everyone bemoaning the early misses, well, we were down 33-27 after Reggie started the 2nd half. Those missed 3's could have easily been overcome.

This is exactly why I think resiliency was the issue, not the lackluster start. If we made a couple three at the beginning, there's a good chance the whole game would have gone differently, and that fact as frustrating as hell.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:48 pm

BCeezy {l Wrote}:Realistically, any chance?

MSU loss to Purdue
Penn St. loss to Wisco
VT loss to FSU
USC loss to Arizona
Memphis or UTEP lose tonight, the other wins C-USA
New Mexico loss to BYU

I think we are out but it seems like it could be a complete toss up.

A tsunami swept at least five people watching the waves out to sea Friday and ripped docks out of harbors in California and Oregon, spreading the destruction of a devastating Japanese earthquake to the shores of the United States.

Shit happens...Hey honey lets go look at the waves....

:shrug
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:08 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:What can you write about this game and this effort? Just horrible all around with plenty of blame, from players through coaches. I know that message boards are prone to extreme reactions, but this was a disaster in the truest sense of that term (in a sports context). No energy. No execution. And no chance to make the tourney. I don't care how bad the matchup was, this was a dreadful performance that spun around a season's worth of hope. I'm a huge Don supporter, but how can you explain this game? The man needs to do better. Perhaps we can tone down the hype for him for a bit, because this was the coaching equivalent of Craig Smith's shit-show against GT.

I don't know what the eff you are getting so excited about. The Clemson game didn't matter. We locked up an NCAA bid when we beat Wake.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:09 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:What can you write about this game and this effort? Just horrible all around with plenty of blame, from players through coaches. I know that message boards are prone to extreme reactions, but this was a disaster in the truest sense of that term (in a sports context). No energy. No execution. And no chance to make the tourney. I don't care how bad the matchup was, this was a dreadful performance that spun around a season's worth of hope. I'm a huge Don supporter, but how can you explain this game? The man needs to do better. Perhaps we can tone down the hype for him for a bit, because this was the coaching equivalent of Craig Smith's shit-show against GT.

I don't know what the eff you are getting so excited about. The Clemson game didn't matter. We locked up an NCAA bid when we beat Wake.

fwiw, espn has us listed as first four out...hopefully, they are wrong. looking at the SOS and RPI numbers, i believe that they are but then again i do not follow college basketball all that closely.
Last edited by hansen on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:10 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

fwiw, espn has us listed as first four out...hopefully, they are wrong. looking at the SOS and RPI numbers, i believe that they are but then again i do not follow college basketball all that closely.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BC '00 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:10 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

So you're saying it was CONFIRMED!!!?!?!?!??11111!??1/1/1?!
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby shockdoct on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:12 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

fwiw, espn has us listed as first four out...hopefully, they are wrong. looking at the SOS and RPI numbers, i believe that they are.

Unfortunately the selection committee is not a computer running a pairwise formula and instead consists of human beings who just watched two teams in a de-facto play in game....
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:15 pm

BC '00 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Oh... don't worry... every game from here on out (regardless of sport) WON'T MATTER!!!!!????!!?!?!@!11 I am sure it similarly won't ever get hackneyed.

Edit: On an aside, I have always found it strange that BC '00 so relishes his role as OJ's handmaiden.
Last edited by HJS on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC '00 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:18 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
BC '00 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Oh... don't worry... every game from here on out (regardless of sport) WON'T MATTER!!!!!????!!?!?!@!11 I am sure it similarly won't ever get hackneyed.

Edit: On an aside, I have always found it strange that BC '00 so relishes his role as OJ's handmaiden.

You mean aside from the recent post saying he'd find a way to blame this on Al and non-white players? Actually I just think you're both douchers and enjoy your endless bickering. Carry on.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:46 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

fwiw, espn has us listed as first four out...hopefully, they are wrong. looking at the SOS and RPI numbers, i believe that they are.

Unfortunately the selection committee is not a computer running a pairwise formula and instead consists of human beings who just watched two teams in a de-facto play in game....

interestingly,they listed VPI under last four in....

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum