the Official BC - Clemson Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: the Official BC - Clemson Thread

Postby shockdoct on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:54 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:What can you write about this game and this effort? Just horrible all around with plenty of blame, from players through coaches. I know that message boards are prone to extreme reactions, but this was a disaster in the truest sense of that term (in a sports context). No energy. No execution. And no chance to make the tourney. I don't care how bad the matchup was, this was a dreadful performance that spun around a season's worth of hope. I'm a huge Don supporter, but how can you explain this game? The man needs to do better. Perhaps we can tone down the hype for him for a bit, because this was the coaching equivalent of Craig Smith's shit-show against GT.

I don't know what the eff you are getting so excited about. The Clemson game didn't matter. We locked up an NCAA bid when we beat Wake.

fwiw, espn has us listed as first four out...hopefully, they are wrong. looking at the SOS and RPI numbers, i believe that they are.

Unfortunately the selection committee is not a computer running a pairwise formula and instead consists of human beings who just watched two teams in a de-facto play in game....

interestingly,they listed VPI under last four in....

And if VT loses tonight to an FSU team (sans Singleton), they will be out.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:56 pm

In all seriousness, the guys bashing the seniors are all in the running for Dick of the Year. These guys are going to be alums and have represented BC without issue over the last four years. I am grateful for their efforts during their careers.

That is all, carry on with your dickheadedness.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:00 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:In all seriousness, the guys bashing the seniors are all in the running for Dick of the Year. These guys are going to be alums and have represented BC without issue over the last four years. I am grateful for their efforts during their careers.

That is all, carry on with your dickheadedness.

just because you've had them to the house for dinner for three years...

They all loved Al's barcalounger.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:47 pm

It seems as if their hearts just weren't in it today. I can't say I blame them. Tony Danza's impending divorce has affected us all.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Mike_S on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:28 pm

Sorry, late to the thread...not much to say, but have to get this off my chest...

Talk about "lack of effort" like the announcers did all you want, but I really don't think that was the primary problem.

Clemson is athletic, big, and great at defense. They slowed Reggie down, took Raji completely out of his game, and neutralized Biko most of the game as well. That's three of the four players on BC's team who can actually score. Add that to a number of open 3's not falling, and you have frustration and a blowout.

Early in the second half, Reggie had scored to pull it to 6, and then BC got a stop. On the next trip, they found Raji for a wide-open 3. I thought it was going in but it didn't. Then on the other end Clemson's good guard got fouled and scored (I thought they should have waved off the bucket, but they counted it). He added the free throw and it was a 9 point game, and a 6-point swing from if Raji had made the 3. IMO this was a huge emotional swing, I really felt like that was the turning point of the game. The team sagged after that and had a few awful possessions, Clemson got up 14, and it just was over from there.

Not sure if they'll make the NCAA now, but even if they do, it's a play-in game for sure. And a team like Alabama or Georgia is likely to be able to follow Clemson's gameplan.
Mike_S
Carney Hall

Postby Dirtywater75 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:04 pm

Hard to say what happened out there today other than a good Clemson defense and a psychologically fragile BC team. Everything was out of sync - typical BC big game performance. Strange team - strange season. Next year with six freshman is unlikely to be better. I just hope we can develop a better inside game. Have to get this kid Caudhill into the weight room early. Also difficult to know whether Donahue could have done anything more with this group. In any event, he deserves his three years and his own recruits. I will miss Trapani. Hats off to this loyal fan base (notwithstanding the disagreements and slap fights). You guys deserved better than this - same for football. I think if BC ever does achieve anything remarkable in football or basketball there will be an extremely well deserved collective stroke on this board.
Dirtywater75
Carney Hall

Postby BC923 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:09 pm

This game is exactly how I will remember the senior class (if unfairly.) They never seemed to win when they had to, despite proving they could with big wins. I don't really know what else can be said about the game other than that it was awful. We didn't come to play, part of that is on the coaches and part is on the players. The effort wasn't there.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby GlorytoBC on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:31 am

BC '00 {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:Conte 7 pm, you can watch players with heart who represent the university with pride.

King Jerry York. A great man of honor and dignity.

:flagus :flagus :flagus :flagus :flagus :flagus

yep, since BC actually follows the hockey team..BC had about 10 people at the Coliseum. If I was a recruit, I would honestly ask myself, why the fuck would I play for Boston College? Even when BC was a top 10 team in 2005-2006, BC still only brought about 25 people to the ACC Tournament..and probably around the same amount of fans for the NCAA Tournament games.

You can call the Senior Class an embarrassment to BC (which is uncalled for), but one thing you can certainly call an embarrassment is the fan support that the football and basketball programs get at BC.
GlorytoBC
Carney Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum