the OFFICIAL bc wake thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: the OFFICIAL bc wake thread

Postby Logitano on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:46 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:And I didn't say they didn't develop under the Don. You said they didn't develop under Al. Feel free to stay on point,

They didn't.

In regards to your ridiculous "jump-shooting" example, shouldn't Paris have been practicing on his own? Typically, this is a skill that players work on individually, because organized practice isn't really necessary for it. Team drills are what typically occurs during limited practice time. If he didn't work on his skills individually, then it's a pretty big indictment. Stop ragging on Biko.

Edit: what teddy and chalupa-boy said.

Seeing as Skinner couldn't find the practice gym if you game him a map, that really isn't saying much.

Huh? Skinner didn't play basketball for BC.

Oh that's right. You, like many other skinner apologists, thought it was fine that he spent 5x more of his time playing ball with people like me at the plex then working on the team he was paid to work with.

No, but I bet you were fine with winning 28, 27, 25, 24, 22, 21 and 20 games, and 2 Big East Titles.

Al rolled up a lot of regular season victories. No taking that away from him. However to be clear it is 2 Big East regular season titles, only one tournament title. I am just sayin' is all. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:48 pm

Now all I have to worry about is the backdoor cover.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:49 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:And I didn't say they didn't develop under the Don. You said they didn't develop under Al. Feel free to stay on point,

They didn't.

In regards to your ridiculous "jump-shooting" example, shouldn't Paris have been practicing on his own? Typically, this is a skill that players work on individually, because organized practice isn't really necessary for it. Team drills are what typically occurs during limited practice time. If he didn't work on his skills individually, then it's a pretty big indictment. Stop ragging on Biko.

Seeing as Skinner couldn't find the practice gym if you game him a map, that really isn't saying much.

Oh that's right. You, like many other skinner apologists, thought it was fine that he spent 5x more of his time playing ball with people like me at the plex then working on the team he was paid to work with.

No, but I bet you were fine with winning 28, 27, 25, 24, 22, 21 and 20 games, and 2 Big East Titles.

When was that, 2001? Last time I checked, nobody was telling Al to leave when his methods worked (more importantly when his assistant coaches were good)

Really? 2001? They are currently 2 wins short of what they got 2 years ago.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:50 pm

I'm tired of this. Every single time I get into an argument it goes like this:

1. TW or I say something.
2. He or I respond.
3. Actual exchange occurs.
4. BigNick and Pedro, TW's lackies, come in and tell me how stupid I am.
5. I get bored of 3 people trying to add unnecessarily to an argument.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

You're retarded if you think Donahue completely changing Skinner's methods (from practice, to eating to weightlifting to offseason training) had nothing to do with the improvement we've seen this year.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:51 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

They didn't.

Al rolled up a lot of regular season victories. No taking that away from him. However to be clear it is 2 Big East regular season titles, only one tournament title. I am just sayin' is all. :ace

True. To further denegrate it, he won a regular season title and the tourney title in the same season! That's no damn good.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:51 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Now all I have to worry about is the backdoor cover.

Vegas nailed it, no?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:51 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:You're retarded if you think Donahue completely changing Skinner's methods (from practice, to eating to weightlifting to offseason training) had nothing to do with the improvement we've seen this year.

It's awesome that not a single person has said this, yet it's your big "go to".
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby apbc12 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:52 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Now all I have to worry about is the backdoor cover.

You going to prison or something?
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:52 pm

Well, we won but it wasn't as pretty at the finish as it should have been. I'm confused about whether that's Al's fault or Donahue's fault. Perhaps someone could advance an argument about this.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:53 pm

Good win. Took care of business and that's all that matters.

Two pieces of criticism:

(1) Why all the fouls from Moton when we're up big in the 2d half? For anyone actually watching the game, was there any excuse for this behavior?

(2) FT's. 13-20 is not good enough in a real game. Need to be up at 74-80% tomorrow.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:54 pm

I can't say I've ever been accused of being Teddy's "lacky," considering I disagree with him about 75% of the time.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:55 pm

If only Bzdelik had commanded his players to shoot more in the offseason, the game and their season just may have been dramatically different. He is clearly poor at player development.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:56 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:I'm tired of this. Every single time I get into an argument it goes like this:

1. TW or I say something.
2. He or I respond.
3. Actual exchange occurs.
4. BigNick and Pedro, TW's lackies, come in and tell me how stupid I am.
5. I get bored of 3 people trying to add unnecessarily to an argument.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

You're retarded if you think Donahue completely changing Skinner's methods (from practice, to eating to weightlifting to offseason training) had nothing to do with the improvement we've seen this year.

i don't know if i'm a lacky or not (i wasn't mentioned directly) so i'm going to add that you're retarded if you think that al had nothing to do with getting the players to donahue to allow for the improvement this year. either skinner was a great recruiter (that got the players on campus to allow donahue to excel in his first year) and a terrible game coach or a terrible recruiter that was a more than passable game coach (based on his track record for his ENTIRE tenure) - he had something to do with getting the players to stevie's doorstep.

therefore, i agree with everyone. especially me since i said that 14 seemed too high (and therefore i would have pushed - so i went with the over of 143 instead and won porterly)

they just won a game today guys

I'm bored with this :slapfight
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:56 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:If only Bzdelik had commanded his players to shoot more in the offseason, the game and their season just may have been dramatically different. He is clearly poor at player development.

It's the shooting in practice that would have made the difference.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

They didn't.

True. To further denegrate it, he won a regular season title and the tourney title in the same season! That's no damn good.

This is my fault. I know better than to get pulled into this nonsense. We see this stuff very differently. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:01 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:This is my fault. I know better than to get pulled into this nonsense. We see this stuff very differently. :ace

that's because you are a mets fan and none of us look at anything properly

bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:02 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:I can't say I've ever been accused of being Teddy's "lacky," considering I disagree with him about 75% of the time.

The best part is I never once agreed with teddy. All I did was make fun of CAG's inability to bring up relevant points.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:04 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:I can't say I've ever been accused of being Teddy's "lacky," considering I disagree with him about 75% of the time.

The best part is I never once agreed with teddy. All I did was make fun of CAG's inability to bring up relevant points.

You can't agree with me because babst's old thread just got bumped. You did a nice job with the OJ'ing though, crapping on someone without takign a side.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:05 pm

Can I have a lackey too?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:07 pm

you should feel honored, i'm a nospace lackey myself, it's quite embarrassing.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

You can't agree with me because babst's old thread just got bumped. You did a nice job with the OJ'ing though, crapping on someone without takign a side.

Yes, I absolutely did. His OMGism and inability to stay on point is just too good to let slide. I've stated my opinions on this numerous times, though, so forgive me for passing on the meat of the :slapfight .
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:11 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Can I have a lackey too?

I thought I was your lackey?

That is my word lackey.

See you in Reliant.

6-0.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum