Games to Watch

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Games to Watch

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:09 am

So far everything's been going very well for the Eagles in terms of things they can't control. No autobids taken by non-at-large worthy teams over at-large worthy teams in the lower ranks. Teams like Nebraska and Baylor bowing out extra early. Obviously, it's in BC's interest to not see an Oklahoma St or Oregon win their conference tourney.

But keep an eye on the following games as major conference tourneys start ramping up (listed roughly in order of perceived importance with respect to BC):

GT over VT (to complete and patent the "Greenberg collapse")
Iowa over MSU (I don't see this happening)
KSU over Colorado (the win over Iowa State probably wasn't enough unless everyone else falters)
Auburn over Georgia (Auburn is good awful - expect a bubble bursting matchup between UGA and BAMA)
Cal over USC (both bubble, but USC is far more likely to make the field and Cal would need to take down AZ to have a chance)
Southern Miss over Memphis (USM already is 0-2 v. the Tigers)
Wazzu over Washington (both bubble, but could help BC's seeding as Wazzu would probably need to take down UCLA for a prayer)
NCSU over UMD (as one of the underachievers in the ACC, might as well squelch any chance UMD has or would have of a tourney run)
Indiana over Penn St (PSU is a long shot and Wisco will drill the winner of this game next round anyway)
Arkansas over Tennessee (I think Tennessee is probably already in)
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Re: Games to Watch

Postby Brablc on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:31 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:So far everything's been going very well for the Eagles in terms of things they can't control. No autobids taken by non-at-large worthy teams over at-large worthy teams in the lower ranks. Teams like Nebraska and Baylor bowing out extra early. Obviously, it's in BC's interest to not see an Oklahoma St or Oregon win their conference tourney.

But keep an eye on the following games as major conference tourneys start ramping up (listed roughly in order of perceived importance with respect to BC):

KSU over Colorado (the win over Iowa State probably wasn't enough unless everyone else falters)
Auburn over Georgia (Auburn is good awful - expect a bubble bursting matchup between UGA and BAMA)
Cal over USC (both bubble, but USC is far more likely to make the field and Cal would need to take down AZ to have a chance)
Wazzu over Washington (both bubble, but could help BC's seeding as Wazzu would probably need to take down UCLA for a prayer)
NCSU over UMD (as one of the underachievers in the ACC, might as well squelch any chance UMD has or would have of a tourney run)
Indiana over Penn St (PSU is a long shot and Wisco will drill the winner of this game next round anyway)

Nice Rundown. I think the Colorado and MSU games are the biggest ones for us.

I would also like to see Harvard beat Princeton this weekend to get a bid.
Brablc
McGuinn Hall

Postby Baltimore Eagle on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:40 am

only one slight disagreement in that I think we'd rather see Maryland win. They'd need to win the ACC to get a bid and that's obviously unlikely but they are two of our better wins and it would be nice if they could stay in the top 100 of the RPI. A loss to State probably drops them out and weakens our profile.
Baltimore Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:51 am

Baltimore Eagle {l Wrote}:only one slight disagreement in that I think we'd rather see Maryland win. They'd need to win the ACC to get a bid and that's obviously unlikely but they are two of our better wins and it would be nice if they could stay in the top 100 of the RPI. A loss to State probably drops them out and weakens our profile.

Excellent work - an oversight by me.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:44 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:So far everything's been going very well for the Eagles in terms of things they can't control. No autobids taken by non-at-large worthy teams over at-large worthy teams in the lower ranks. Teams like Nebraska and Baylor bowing out extra early. Obviously, it's in BC's interest to not see an Oklahoma St or Oregon win their conference tourney.

The only one that has gone BC's way so far is the one I forgot to list - Cesspool U over UAB.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:54 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

The only one that has gone BC's way so far is the one I forgot to list - Cesspool U over UAB.

Lets just win the ACC tourney and make it all moot
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby auggiebc on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:56 pm

Mich State beats Iowa. Iowa had a chance to take the lead with 20 seconds left and threw the ball away.

Damn.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:58 pm

ECU over UAB

1/10. awesome!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:37 am

After a brutal 1/10 bubble(ish) games going against BC, things have to get better today, right? UGA/BAMA, Illini/Michigan and BC/CU could easily be elimination games:

Purdue over MSU
FSU over VT
URI over Richmond
Zona over USC
ECU over Memphis
BAMA over UGA (both have Kentucky, but not much else except a bubble H2H win)
Illinois over Michigan (Illini have UNC, Gonzaga, Wisconsin, MSU, PSU, Minnesota, Michigan wins...Michigan has MSU (twice), PSU, Minny)
Wisco over PSU
Tulsa over UTEP
Kansas over Colorado (I think the Buffs have already done enough - RPI 76, SOS 73 but FIVE top 50 RPI wins!)
Florida over Tennessee (I think Tenn is already in)
Oregon over Washington (I still consider UW a bubble team, and obviously we'd want Oregon to lose the next game)
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:42 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:After a brutal 1/10 bubble(ish) games going against BC, things have to get better today, right? UGA/BAMA, Illini/Michigan and BC/CU could easily be elimination games:

Purdue over MSU
FSU over VT
URI over Richmond
Zona over USC
ECU over Memphis
Illinois over Michigan (Illini have UNC, Gonzaga, Wisconsin, MSU, PSU, Minnesota, Michigan wins...Michigan has MSU (twice), PSU, Minny)
Wisco over PSU
Tulsa over UTEP
Kansas over Colorado (I think the Buffs have already done enough - RPI 76, SOS 73 but FIVE top 50 RPI wins!)
Oregon over Washington (I still consider UW a bubble team, and obviously we'd want Oregon to lose the next game)

much like yesterday, i will use this as my "wager the exact opposite" approach. i hope you pay off as well as you did yesterday, pedro

This is what to cheer for - not a prediction of what will happen. Even the "prediction bumpers" knew enough not to call these "retarded". and yes I was holding my fingers in the air for much of this post
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:47 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:After a brutal 1/10 bubble(ish) games going against BC, things have to get better today, right? UGA/BAMA, Illini/Michigan and BC/CU could easily be elimination games:

Purdue over MSU
FSU over VT
URI over Richmond
Zona over USC
ECU over Memphis
Wisco over PSU
Tulsa over UTEP

much like yesterday, i will use this as my "wager the exact opposite" approach. i hope you pay off as well as you did yesterday, pedro

This is what to cheer for - not a prediction of what will happen.

i don't care what you call it... i call it my "exact opposite gambling menu"

How many fags did you win at Seymour Johnson?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Return to Conte Forum