Bye Bye Keno

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Bye Bye Keno

Postby BCMcG on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:21 pm

Looks like Keno Davis is out at Providence after only three years and five years left on his contract. Too bad they don't have any recruits worth poaching.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/Providence-to-part-ways-with-basketball-coach-Keno-Davis-030911
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Re: Bye Bye Keno

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:34 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:Looks like Keno Davis is out at Providence after only three years and five years left on his contract. Too bad they don't have any recruits worth poaching.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/Providence-to-part-ways-with-basketball-coach-Keno-Davis-030911

Any possibility of transfers? That one kid can really score.

EDIT: He's a senior, so no.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:24 pm

This is really good for our recruiting. That's one less contender for Tarczewski too, not like it matters.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:29 pm

If they're smart, they'll hire Ed Cooley.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:20 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:If they're smart, they'll hire Ed Cooley.

While Ed Cooley is a possibility, my guess is that they'll try and hire Tommy Amaker. He is a logical fit as he has already had some success as a HC in the Big East.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:54 pm

Interesting thought. What if we pursued Keno as an assistant? Donahue, Jones and Keno would make a hell of a recruiting trio.

One word: remote.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby bcmurph on Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:55 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
BCMcG {l Wrote}:Looks like Keno Davis is out at Providence after only three years and five years left on his contract. Too bad they don't have any recruits worth poaching.

Maybe Coleman? Looks like he shot it poorly, but 10 PPG in 29 minutes as a Freshman...
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:08 am

bcmurph {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

Maybe Coleman? Looks like he shot it poorly, but 10 PPG in 29 minutes as a Freshman...

Coleman was suspended during the school year for skipping classes. While that's pretty minor compared to some of the other guys on the team, I think getting him into BC would be a tough sell given the shenanigans that are going on there behind the scenes. I think the chances we'll see him playing in a BC uniform are roughly the same as seeing Derrick Coleman in a BC uniform.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby footer20 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:23 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
bcmurph {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

Coleman was suspended during the school year for skipping classes. While that's pretty minor compared to some of the other guys on the team, I think getting him into BC would be a tough sell given the shenanigans that are going on there behind the scenes. I think the chances we'll see him playing in a BC uniform are roughly the same as seeing Derrick Coleman in a BC uniform.

It won't happen but maybe Bryce Cotton. He wanted a BC scholarship last year and din't get it but played a little this year. Could be a point guard optionj but we might be set with Jordan daniels
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:26 pm

footer20 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
bcmurph {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

It won't happen but maybe Bryce Cotton. He wanted a BC scholarship last year and din't get it but played a little this year. Could be a point guard optionj but we might be set with Jordan daniels

Cotton can jump out of the gym ...

But didn't really do anything special for PC this year. I doubt there is anyone worth poaching from this team that Donahue couldn't find in the next recruiting cycle. Coleman has already said hes staying at Providence.

The names I have heard are Sendek (ASU), Pat Skerry (Pitt Asst.) and Cooley just to name a few. (PC Scout board is saying there are alot of rumors that Sendek is a real possibility)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:50 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:The names I have heard are Sendek (ASU), Pat Skerry (Pitt Asst.) and Cooley just to name a few. (PC Scout board is saying there are alot of rumors that Sendek is a real possibility)

If they want a repeat of Keno, Skerry is the clear choice.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Return to Conte Forum