The worst officiating I've ever seen

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: The worst officiating I've ever seen

Postby angrychicken on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:18 am

Hey, did you see the terrible officiating in that Rutgres game last night? Awful.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:34 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:well i'm expecting a nomination from the academy for "best misdirection in a thread or topic"

In my opinion, that is the toughest category.

yet true masters (such as you and me and not campion at all) make it seem like it is happening seamlessly

How tired is all of this Charlie Sheen coverage? It was good in the beginning, but it flamed out faster than Nathan Lane at a truck stop. Ice Ice Baby.

aren't we really at the point that this is just amy winehouse with a penis? michael jackson with a still beating heart? chris farley without the funny? book charlie on the apprentice and let's move on to bigger and better things... like - the price of gas

HOLY CRAP! The price of gas is getting out of control. I only hope that it doesn't get to the levels that it was under the GW Bush administration. Speaking of that, whatever happened to that guy that was shot in the face by Dick Cheney? He must have looked like Edward James Olmos after that.

Remember Edward James Olmos starring in Stand and Deliver? That reminds me of my own AP Calculus class in high school. Did you take AP Calculus? Let's list our scores on the exam. I got a 4.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:00 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Hey, did you see the terrible officiating in that Rutgres game last night? Awful.

what the hell does THIS have to do with anything?

CONTENT!!!
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:05 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:Hey, did you see the terrible officiating in that Rutgres game last night? Awful.

CONTENT!!!

do you ever wonder what happened to jerry 'the king' lawler's daughter?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:08 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

CONTENT!!!

She's a teacher at a local high school. I get updates on her about once a year.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:18 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

CONTENT!!!

She's a teacher at a local high school. I get updates on her about once a year.

Better her a high school teacher than her father, I guess...
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:04 pm

BUH BYE to that crew.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby ObserverCollege on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:44 am

Kudos to Bob Ryan for stepping up on behalf of these good men, and slamming people who think they should be blamed for some sort of mistake that everyone made.

I don't know Carl Walton,but I do know that Tim Higgins and Jim Burr are two of the best refs ever, with a combined total of 24 Final Fours. I'm sure they'd like to have that 1.7 seconds back, but when you look at it, you can understand how they took it all at face value, especially with Lavin walking toward Rice with time remaining. This could have happened to anyone.

I just hope the Powers That Be don't overract. Higgins and Burr have suffered enough. They must be brought back. The NCAA cannot afford to have officials of this caliber sitting home when the big games come.

From there a jealous ref sitting at home talked trash about Higgins and Burr and their supposed advantages in working the system, so I put him in his place. If you see Higgins and Burr, or Ryan, tell them I said "you're welcome".
Shake down the Thunder!!!
ObserverCollege
Carney Hall

Postby apbc12 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:00 pm

ObserverCollege {l Wrote}:Kudos to Bob Ryan for stepping up on behalf of these good men, and slamming people who think they should be blamed for some sort of mistake that everyone made.

I don't know Carl Walton,but I do know that Tim Higgins and Jim Burr are two of the best refs ever, with a combined total of 24 Final Fours. I'm sure they'd like to have that 1.7 seconds back, but when you look at it, you can understand how they took it all at face value, especially with Lavin walking toward Rice with time remaining. This could have happened to anyone.

I just hope the Powers That Be don't overract. Higgins and Burr have suffered enough. They must be brought back. The NCAA cannot afford to have officials of this caliber sitting home when the big games come.

From there a jealous ref sitting at home talked trash about Higgins and Burr and their supposed advantages in working the system, so I put him in his place. If you see Higgins and Burr, or Ryan, tell them I said "you're welcome".

I remember yelling at Higgins a lot during my years on the Heights. To this day he's still one of the few refs I can recognize almost instantly. He's terrible and always has been.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:20 pm

Tim Higgins is to officals as OJ is to EO posters.

I jokingly told a buddy of mine when he called about the RU screwjob "What... did you have Tim Higgins officiating the game?"
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:36 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Tim Higgins is to officals as OJ is to EO posters.

I jokingly told a buddy of mine when he called about the RU screwjob "What... did you have Tim Higgins officiating the game?"

Jim Burr makes Tim Higgins look like King Solomon.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:40 pm

Since around 2000, I've referred to Higgins as "Adult Diapers".
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BC '00 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:52 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Tim Higgins is to officals as OJ is to EO posters.

BC '00
Cushing Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum