Updated Bracketology

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Updated Bracketology

Postby BCeezy on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:15 pm

Lunardi has us in a play in as an 11 seed against Colorado. Winner of that 11-11 game playing Georgetown.

I know that they have 2 potential NBA players (1 for sure in Burks) and the other Higgins.

Seems like they can be a bit inconsistent at times though... pretty sure they just lost to Iowa State.

They have beat KState x2 and Texas too, so tough to say. I just know they have a lot of talent on that team.

If that were ever how the bracket shaped up, I love the possibility of facing Georgetown. An injured Chris Wright and a team headed in the wrong direction come tournament time.
BCeezy
Carney Hall

Re: Updated Bracketology

Postby BC923 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:16 pm

if this happened I'd love the spot, we'd get beat by Purdue but it would be closer than people think.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BCeezy on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:20 pm

Also something to note is that he has the Horizon League getting 2 bids (UW-Milwaukee as the auto-bid as they are the 1 seed in the conference tourney) and Butler as an at-large.

Hopefully Butler can win the Horizon ship and get Milwaukee out of the tournament and give the Horizon only 1 bid.
BCeezy
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:23 pm

BCeezy {l Wrote}:Also something to note is that he has the Horizon League getting 2 bids (UW-Milwaukee as the auto-bid as they are the 1 seed in the conference tourney) and Butler as an at-large.

Hopefully Butler can win the Horizon ship and get Milwaukee out of the tournament and give the Horizon only 1 bid.

Again if you don't think we're beating Clemson, start cheering really hard for ODU and Butler tonight. Not sure it matters who wins the St. Mary's v 'Zaga game Lunardi has them both in.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCeezy on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:27 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCeezy {l Wrote}:Also something to note is that he has the Horizon League getting 2 bids (UW-Milwaukee as the auto-bid as they are the 1 seed in the conference tourney) and Butler as an at-large.

Again if you don't think we're beating Clemson, start cheering really hard for ODU and Butler tonight. Not sure it matters who wins the St. Mary's v 'Zaga game Lunardi has them both in.

I don't feel good at all about the Clemson game, so as you said, really rooting hard for ODU and Butler to knock off VCU and Milwaukee in the next few days.

Also, hopefully Utah State takes care of business once their conference tourney starts.

BYU or SDSU, and maybe even UNLV (they seem safe according to Lunardi) to win the MWC.

Also as you said, with Gonzaga's win over USF last night they seem to be in the tourney now regardless of the WCC ship, and same goes for St. Mary's.
BCeezy
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:34 pm

BC getting the seed that plays BYU next would be nice.

I see them as one and done if someone gets on Jimmer and we have a chance?
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby auggiebc on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:42 pm

in the latest CBS version of bracketology, we are a 10 seed playing Temple.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:12 pm

BCeezy {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I don't feel good at all about the Clemson game, so as you said, really rooting hard for ODU and Butler to knock off VCU and Milwaukee in the next few days.

Also, hopefully Utah State takes care of business once their conference tourney starts.

BYU or SDSU, and maybe even UNLV (they seem safe according to Lunardi) to win the MWC.

Also as you said, with Gonzaga's win over USF last night they seem to be in the tourney now regardless of the WCC ship, and same goes for St. Mary's.

I think Gonzaga & St. Mary's just had to avoid the :toby type losses in the WCC Tournament to make it. I'm not sure it entirely matters who wins the game.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCeezy on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:28 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I think Gonzaga & St. Mary's just had to avoid the :toby type losses in the WCC Tournament to make it. I'm not sure it entirely matters who wins the game.

That's what I was saying in my post - it seems like regardless of the result of the WCC Championship Game tonight, both St. Mary's and Gonzaga will be in.
BCeezy
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:04 pm

Colorado has some good players, obviously like you said Alec Burks. But they're really good at home. Not sure how they fair on a neutral court vs. a shooting team.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:10 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Colorado has some good players, obviously like you said Alec Burks. But they're really good at home. Not sure how they fair on a neutral court vs. a shooting team.

Colorado lost to a loaded Harvard team by 16. They were embarrassed. We, on the other hand, kept it close and played a respectful game against a future Final 4 team. Hopefully the committee takes this into account.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:12 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Colorado has some good players, obviously like you said Alec Burks. But they're really good at home. Not sure how they fair on a neutral court vs. a shooting team.

Colorado lost to a loaded Harvard team by 16. They were embarrassed. We, on the other hand, kept it close and played a respectful game against a future Final 4 team. Hopefully the committee takes this into account.

Yeah, but that was at Harvard. That place is a nightmare to play at.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:02 pm

I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, but I would LOVE to play Georgetown. There are too many Hoyas in my family and I would love to send them packing.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby auggiebc on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:36 pm

FWIW, Joey Brackets thinks we need to beat Clemson to dance. This is from his chat session this afternoon:

Stepie FL [via mobile]
Do you think Boston College has a chance to make the NCAA Tournament and do they have a chance to win the ACC Tournament?

Joe Lunardi (4:15 PM)
Yes and no, Stepie. B.C. can makes the NCAAs by defeating Wake Forest and Clemson this weekend. I don't see them winning any more games after that.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:11 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:FWIW, Joey Brackets thinks we need to beat Clemson to dance. This is from his chat session this afternoon:

Stepie FL [via mobile]
Do you think Boston College has a chance to make the NCAA Tournament and do they have a chance to win the ACC Tournament?

Joe Lunardi (4:15 PM)
Yes and no, Stepie. B.C. can makes the NCAAs by defeating Wake Forest and Clemson this weekend. I don't see them winning any more games after that.

"Stepie"? Was someone getting a head start on alias day? Not that I have any clue what Stepie would be an alias referring to...
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:07 pm

Maybe I'm being naive, but I'm not terribly afraid of Clemson. We played them close at the end in Little John and a number of their losses are to teams we either beat or also lost too. I think at a "neutral" site, we beat them.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby auggiebc on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:17 pm

watching this West Coast Conference championship game between Gonzaga and St. Mary's. Both these teams are awful. And each of them are getting NCAA bids? What a shame. BC would murder either of these teams.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:35 am

CNN-SI bracket has us out of the play-in games now. 11 seed playing Georgetown.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_glockner/03/09/bracket.projection/index.html?eref=sihp
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby BCeezy on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:40 pm

Lunardi also has us out of a play-in. He has us playing WVU in a 12-5 game first round.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
BCeezy
Carney Hall

Postby bcmurph on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:46 pm

BCeezy {l Wrote}:Lunardi also has us out of a play-in. He has us playing WVU in a 12-5 game first round.

Yeah, but still listed as "last 4 in"...must be another update coming
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:49 pm

Today much of our attention goes to the Big XII:

URI over Richmond
Oklahoma St over Nebraska (curerntly 15-7 in the 1st)
Iowa St over Colorado
Oklahoma over Baylor
and WVU over Marquette (yuck)
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCeezy on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:50 pm

bcmurph {l Wrote}:
BCeezy {l Wrote}:Lunardi also has us out of a play-in. He has us playing WVU in a 12-5 game first round.

I saw that too so I was a bit confused. I think that the bracket is updated and the last 4 in isn't. That was the same last 4 in as yesterday where BC was in a play in against Colorado. With Butler's win it added another spot to Lunardi's bubble and for some reason it appears we also passed MSU. I think we are probably the last team to get a "bye".
BCeezy
Carney Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:54 pm

BCeezy {l Wrote}:
bcmurph {l Wrote}:

I saw that too so I was a bit confused. I think that the bracket is updated and the last 4 in isn't. That was the same last 4 in as yesterday where BC was in a play in against Colorado. With Butler's win it added another spot to Lunardi's bubble and for some reason it appears we also passed MSU. I think we are probably the last team to get a "bye".

Its also interesting to note that BC has a red "moved down" arrow next to them. Sure, they fell from an 11 to a 12, but are now not playing Tuesday. If that's "moving down" then I'm all for it. "Worldwide Leader" my poopchute.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:01 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
BCeezy {l Wrote}:
bcmurph {l Wrote}:

Its also interesting to note that BC has a red "moved down" arrow next to them. Sure, they fell from an 11 to a 12, but are now not playing Tuesday. If that's "moving down" then I'm all for it. "Worldwide Leader" my poopchute.

hence the reason the new format makes no sense. But that's too difficult for you too grasp.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCeezy on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:02 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
BCeezy {l Wrote}:
bcmurph {l Wrote}:

That's another good point. We haven't played and have actually have gotten a lot of help bubble-wise so far, but we are "stock falling"? I've stopped looking at those arrows after I've seen this the past 3 days with UNLV not playing since March 5th:

March 7th: 8 seed, "Stock Falling"
March 8th: 8 seed, Neutral
March 9th: 8 seed, "Stock Rising"
BCeezy
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:06 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:URI over Richmond

This would be big- it would completely push them off the bubble. But when I looked at their stats, how in God's name are they even in consideration (especially against us)?

RPI: 54 vs 43
SOS: 165 vs. 24

They beat Purdue, but surely that can't make up for that huge disparity.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:09 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
BCeezy {l Wrote}:
bcmurph {l Wrote}:

hence the reason the new format makes no sense. But that's too difficult for you too grasp.

it's a mystery why you are largely hated.

While I grasp that your crocodile tears over who plays the extra game have some validity in terms of seeding and tradition (and have said such, you donkey), it does make sense in certain ways. Specifically the TV money, the concession for the expansion of the tournament, and making the last four in non-conference champs earn it rather than make more actual conference champion teams play in it. Please continue to stick your dick in the barely breathing horse though. Never change, OJ.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:23 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
BCeezy {l Wrote}:
bcmurph {l Wrote}:

While I grasp that your crocodile tears over who plays the extra game have some validity in terms of seeding and tradition (and have said such, you donkey), it does make sense in certain ways. Specifically the TV money, the concession for the expansion of the tournament, and making the last four in non-conference champs earn it rather than make more actual conference champion teams play in it. Please continue to stick your dick in the barely breathing horse though. Never change, OJ.

i think they should make the last 8 teams play for the last 4 at large spots. that would be the most fair way to do it and would generate some actual excitement for those games.

i can assure you that no one other that the 1,500 kids that go to school's 65 - 68 will give a rat's ass about those two games but more of america will care about 40-44 (or whatever the numbers are). why, you ask??? because it could impact their "bracket" and that's all the majority of this country cares about in the end

But OJ may weep. That's right below RPI and last 10 on the committee's selection and seeding criteria, you know.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:28 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
BCeezy {l Wrote}:
bcmurph {l Wrote}:

i think they should make the last 8 teams play for the last 4 at large spots. that would be the most fair way to do it and would generate some actual excitement for those games.

i can assure you that no one other that the 1,500 kids that go to school's 65 - 68 will give a rat's ass about those two games but more of america will care about 40-44 (or whatever the numbers are). why, you ask??? because it could impact their "bracket" and that's all the majority of this country cares about in the end

But OJ may weep. That's right below RPI and last 10 on the committee's selection and seeding criteria, you know.

Its funny (in a pathetic sort of way) when you attempt to make a joke. I have never seen someone put so much effort into TRYING to be funny, yet not succeeding. And I understand the reasons that they set up the new format the way they did, moron. Those reasons don't make it any less illogical.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:34 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
BCeezy {l Wrote}:
bcmurph {l Wrote}:

Its funny (in a pathetic sort of way) when you attempt to make a joke. I have never seen someone put so much effort into TRYING to be funny, yet not succeeding. And I understand the reasons that they set up the new format the way they did, moron. Those reasons don't make it any less illogical.

You're right. I should go your route and call everything "retarded" and everyone a "moron".
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum