Updated Bracketology

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Updated Bracketology

Postby cornellfan on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:21 pm

Bumpers {l Wrote}:Lunardi now saying our win over WF has earned us a demotion to one of the last four in play-in game. Thanks K-State.

http://bracketproject.50webs.com/rankings.html
Lunardi is a hack, #23 best bracketologist, he came up with the term bracketology and made a career out of it
cornellfan
n00b

Postby bcbcbcbcbc4444 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:27 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
auggiebc {l Wrote}:Anyone watching Sportscenter? Digger just said BC isn't dancing unless they beat Clemson tomorrow. He said the Yale loss is the killer. Personally I thnk Digger is retarded....but a Mich State loss would really help.

Every time he says this all I can think is that he somehow he thinks this is a regular year and viewing our resume in that light. Between more slots, no bubble spoilers, and the weak bubble field...comparing resumes this year to the last few years makes no sense.

Digger is retarded. Hes been saying that Alabama should be a lock for the tournament even if they lose to UGA because theyve won the miserable SEC west, completely ignoring their atrocious OOC performance. The SEC west would be a below average mid major conference if it were its own conference.
bcbcbcbcbc4444
Carney Hall

Postby bluefishskip on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:45 pm

The reason why BC dropped to a 12 seed and not the last 4 in was due to a procedural move in the NCAA seeding process. BC may have moved up on the S-curve used for seeding, but in doing so fell in a bracket where another ACC team already was in, thus forcing BC down to a 12 seed.

With that said, Lunardi had BC back in a play-in game after Colorado picked up another Top 50 win today over Kansas State.
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby bcnyceagle on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:01 am

Lunardi said that Clemson is an elimination game to get into the tourney. Lose and we go home. Mother fucker.
bcnyceagle
Cushing Hall

Postby auggiebc on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:28 am

The talking heads (Digger, Lunardi, etc, etc) have painted us into a corner. A win vs Wake and we fall to "last 4 in". Now its very easy for them to say we need to win tomorrow.

After some thought, I think they are right. We do need to win tomorrow. Every other bubble team won today which was a killer. Our RPI and SoS is better than most bubble teams. Our biggest problem is only 1 win in top 50. They keep harping on that.

Soooo......let's run Clemmy out of the gym tomorrow.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:49 am

BC is already in. Stupid.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:17 am

bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:Lunardi said that Clemson is an elimination game to get into the tourney. Lose and we go home. Mother fucker.

JL is rarely, if ever wrong, and this is year after year ---- and do not underestimate the ESPuscadore talking heads like Digger who influence the committee because of dislike for BC, or favoring other personal teams, etc. --- and tweaking of Lunardi too who works at ESPN -- -- whose accurate system and parameters are closely watched and used by the NCAA.

If that is the deal, so be it. If we lose, I still feel we earned a play-in game, but such is life.

Just beat Clemson and tell Digger to STFU.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:14 am

TRE-

BC has a chance at 4 bunnies if the women hoops make the tourney. Most likely, our best chances are on frozen water.

But all 4 teams in the NCAA is commendable.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:17 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: i hope you hoops weirdos are happy, you have me believing again

cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby bluefishskip on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:41 am

BC is very lucky to even be in the position that they are right now, because their tournament resume is putrid.

With that said, they hang on in a projected slot thanks mostly to the fact that they didn't have as many bad losses and some of it's fellow bubble teams.

Teams to root against on Friday: Oregon and USC in Pac 10, Penn State in Big 10, New Mexico in MWC, Alabama in SEC, UTEP/Memphis (to make sure CUSA stays 1 bid).
Teams to root for: Utah State in WAC.....need them to win their conference tourney or else they become a 2 bid league.

I think UAB's loss to E.Carolina yesterday will keep Conference USA as a 1 bid conference.....so the UTEP/Memphis train is playing for 1 spot.
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:45 am

bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:Lunardi said that Clemson is an elimination game to get into the tourney. Lose and we go home. Mother fucker.

"Since we beat Wake, the Clemson game doesn't matter....BC will be in the tourney for sure."
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:58 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

"Since we beat Wake, the Clemson game doesn't matter....BC will be in the tourney for sure."

BC is in.....on the other hand, here is a gem: "I think there is a good chance we lose today (resulting in no NCAA)."
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:00 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:After we beat Wake, the Clemson game won't matter....BC will be in the tourney for sure. HJS' negative Nancy 50-50 shit is retarded.

solid post. By saying nothing, you can't make yourself look like an idiot like you usually do....like when you predict a loss to Wake.

solid post. By saying nothing, you can't make yourself look like an idiot like you usually do
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bluefishskip on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:49 am

I wouldn't be surprised in either direction on whether BC goes to the NCAA's or NIT. 5 Top 100 wins for a major team is bad (Maryland is 102 in one RPI, 97 in another.....so i'm counting them as out of top 100). To give some perspective, Colorado just picked up its 6th Top 50 win and they were along the same lines as BC. What hurts Colorado is their handful of RPI 100+ losses (San Francisco, Iowa State, Oklahoma), with BC only losing to 1 RPI 100+ team (Yale). I think it would be in BC's best interest to win today, because Clemson is right there in a group of about 15-20 teams that are fighting for around 10 spots, and a loss to a team that already had to play the day before would be a black mark for Clemson.
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby MaxxPower325 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:09 am

I used to have some respect for Lunardi, but the fraud he pulled yesterday is ridiculous....

In the morning he has BC as a "last 4 in" team, something I think we all agree with pending the game. Post game we are solidly in, off the bubble. Then I roll in at 1 am, and while enjoying my Totino's frozen pizza (late night crack...) I choke when I hear him say Clemson is a must-win game.

I'm not arguing with the thought that today's game is must-win, but what kind of prognosticator are you when you can change your mind every 6 hours??? Take a stand, man!

BTW, I think the Harvard game could be pivotal: I would not be at all surprised to see them get an at-large bid considering all the press they are suddenly getting.
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby BCMcG on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:40 am

MaxxPower325 {l Wrote}:I'm not arguing with the thought that today's game is must-win, but what kind of prognosticator are you when you can change your mind every 6 hours??? Take a stand, man!

Same with Mel Kiper. How full of shit must this guy be that he has a new NFL draft top 5 every day?

If BC loses today, I'm not going to be able to watch on Sunday.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:30 pm

MaxxPower325 {l Wrote}:I used to have some respect for Lunardi, but the fraud he pulled yesterday is ridiculous....

In the morning he has BC as a "last 4 in" team, something I think we all agree with pending the game. Post game we are solidly in, off the bubble. Then I roll in at 1 am, and while enjoying my Totino's frozen pizza (late night crack...) I choke when I hear him say Clemson is a must-win game.

I'm not arguing with the thought that today's game is must-win, but what kind of prognosticator are you when you can change your mind every 6 hours??? Take a stand, man!

BTW, I think the Harvard game could be pivotal: I would not be at all surprised to see them get an at-large bid considering all the press they are suddenly getting.

I understand your frustration and your appreciation for late night crack, but I understand where Lunardi is coming from. It is a fluid situation. Each game involving a bubble team affects the bubble.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby branchinator on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:40 pm

Lunardi's latest has us in the 11 seed play-in game so...does that mean that we have a little bit of a buffer?
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:42 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:Lunardi's latest has us in the 11 seed play-in game so...does that mean that we have a little bit of a buffer?

If it is a play-in game, than the most it can be is a 2-3 team buffer.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby auggiebc on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:53 pm

our buffer would look alot better if USC, New Mexico and Penn St. all lose today.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:12 pm

http://www.tourneybubble.com/

Boston College (20-11, 10-7 RPI 45 I SOS: 37)

Case For: Sweep of Virginia Tech, win vs. Clemson, RPI, SOS
Case Against: Home loss to Yale

Beating Wake Forest again puts the Eagles at 10-7 in the ACC, and they are probably one win over Clemson away from securing a spot in the tourney. The computer numbers are there, and with the OOC win over Texas A&M, they have to be a decided fourth in the ACC at-large pecking order. At least they're winning, right?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:19 pm

That site is shit, we lost to Clemson.

Unless it's looking ahead to the UNC/Miami winner & only counted each Wake win as .5
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bluefishskip on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:21 pm

Lunardi's S-Curve has BC as the Top of the Play-in games, meaning if there is a buffer, it's with the 3 other at-large play-in's behind it. Of his first 4 out, 2 of them are no longer playing games (Missouri State and UAB). USC and Alabama are both still playing, as are UTEP/Memphis/Penn St/New Mexico, who are in his next 4 OUT.

Currently he has Tulsa as the automatic qualifier for Conference USA. I would think that the best bet to make sure C-USA gets only 1 team in is if either UTEP or Memphis win the conference.

Another interesting fact..........The Missouri Valley #1 seed has never NOT been left out as an at-large team if they didn't win their tournament, so Missouri State could still get in.
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby EagleManiac66 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:27 pm

It'll be interesting to see what Lunardi does with Miami spanking UNC.
EagleManiac66
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:32 pm

even northwestern is giving ohio state a game....
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:44 pm

one minute left, NW is up by a point. i can't believe this shit
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:49 pm

okay, OT for NW-OSU
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Looks like UNC is getting back into this game - Miami up one now with 3:57 to go.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:09 pm

ROY WILLIAMS IS TEH AWESOME!!!!!!!!
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:09 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:ROY WILLIAMS IS TEH AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Did you see him screaming "let's go!" when UNC was on defense? Expert coaching move there.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum