ACC Tournament

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: ACC Tournament

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:42 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
auggiebc {l Wrote}:Miami is much more talented than anyone gives them credit for. maybe its coaching, who knows. but when they feel like playing ball, they can play ball.

also, i think there is something to be said for the week long layoffs for the bye teams in these tournaments. almost every bye team in every conference has come out flat, with a few exceptions. hopefully Clemson continues the trend.

I hope so, because a Miami win most certainly pushes BC back on the bubble

Nospace, honestly WTF are you talking about?

A Miami win pushes us back on the bubble? How does a matchup of a team that will be a 2-3 seed in NCAA and a team that went 6-10 in a down ACC have any effect on us?

Do you mean a BC win over Miami puts us back on the bubble? I thought we already established that BC wins today they are in regardless.

a win today and BC WAS in regardless, provided UNC took care of business.

they didn't.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:44 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
auggiebc {l Wrote}:Miami is much more talented than anyone gives them credit for. maybe its coaching, who knows. but when they feel like playing ball, they can play ball.

also, i think there is something to be said for the week long layoffs for the bye teams in these tournaments. almost every bye team in every conference has come out flat, with a few exceptions. hopefully Clemson continues the trend.

A Miami win pushes us back on the bubble? How does a matchup of a team that will be a 2-3 seed in NCAA and a team that went 6-10 in a down ACC have any effect on us?

Do you mean a BC win over Miami puts us back on the bubble? I thought we already established that BC wins today they are in regardless.

they didn't.

Costcotology.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:44 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

they didn't.

With a loss UNC will be a 3 seed.

I hope this is an 81-esque gag
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eaglecaddy on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:45 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

they didn't.

Are you projecting the U will win the ACC Tournament taking BC's spot?
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:47 pm

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

they didn't.

what was once a 17 point lead, is now a 4 point lead. UVa-esque choke job coming up....
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby joemack13 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:48 pm

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

they didn't.

This is the only way I see Miami having an impact on our standing... they'd have to win the whole thing and then maybe they get in the tournament (can anyone CONFIRM this?)
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:48 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:I'm already focusing on Miami.

i blame you!!!

I believe I'm entitled to a warning. You're not even good at being a tyrant.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Miami down to a 1 point lead :puke
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:52 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Miami down to a 1 point lead :puke

Reggie Johnson just scored with the foul. After he makes the free throw, it'll be a four point lead with about 3:30 to play. The last few minutes will be furious.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:59 pm

Neither team can make a shot, it seems.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:02 pm

There's no way Miami wins this thing now. They blew their chance.

:81
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:02 pm

Anyone else having problems with ACC.com? I watched both early games yesterday and now it's giving me the funny bidness.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:03 pm

Wow brutal possession ending in a turnover for Miami. Now UNC has 18 secs to get a good shot.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:04 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Anyone else having problems with ACC.com? I watched both early games yesterday and now it's giving me the funny bidness.

Is it cause these games are on ESPN?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:04 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Anyone else having problems with ACC.com? I watched both early games yesterday and now it's giving me the funny bidness.

that's what i was thinking. espn interweb voodoo.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:05 pm

UNC wins. BC/Clemson should start on time. Brutal collapse by Miami.
Last edited by bignick33 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:06 pm

Wow brutal ending for Miami. Byebye canes.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:06 pm

Official, Miami chokes...
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:06 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Miami wins. BC/Clemson should start on time. Brutal collapse by Miami.

?

Edit: Got it from others.
Last edited by claver2010 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:Miami wins. BC/Clemson should start on time. Brutal collapse by Miami.

?

UNC won on a layup with .2 secs.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

nah, I'm in market so ESPN3 won't let me in. they are broadcast locally on Raycom.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

nah, I'm in market so ESPN3 won't let me in. they are broadcast locally on Raycom.

I'm in market and having no problem with theacc.com. I mean, other than the fact that the video quality sucks.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:08 pm

I am now in...only to see the game is over. rat turds.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:10 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

?

Edit: Got it from others.

I mis-typed. I choked.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby DallasEire on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:08 pm

How the fuck are USC and Penn State showing as in over BC? I understand that now is not the time to complain after getting buggy-whipped by a pedestrian bubble team but all things considered why should two teams that have essentially a couple of late season wins be in over BC?

If this truly is a review of the entire body of work then there is no fucking way either USC or Penn St should even be in consideration.... Penn State would make seven Big 10 teams.... they are being rewarded for winning in a tournament that all of the other Big Ten programs consider about as important as a holiday tourney - like playing Niagra in the Lapchick on a Tuesday in early December...

While we're considering Lunardi's last four in, VPI is dog-shit.... Hopefully, Pat Kennedy wil have room on his next staff for Seth the Gentile....I believe there is opening at Alabama A&M...

For that matter, outside of Rat-Face, Brownell, and Donahue this conference really is devoid of the type of coaching talent that a conference like the ACC should have out there
DallasEire
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:38 pm

DallasEire {l Wrote}:How the fuck are USC and Penn State showing as in over BC? I understand that now is not the time to complain after getting buggy-whipped by a pedestrian bubble team but all things considered why should two teams that have essentially a couple of late season wins be in over BC?

If this truly is a review of the entire body of work then there is no fucking way either USC or Penn St should even be in consideration.... Penn State would make seven Big 10 teams.... they are being rewarded for winning in a tournament that all of the other Big Ten programs consider about as important as a holiday tourney - like playing Niagra in the Lapchick on a Tuesday in early December...

While we're considering Lunardi's last four in, VPI is dog-shit.... Hopefully, Pat Kennedy wil have room on his next staff for Seth the Gentile....I believe there is opening at Alabama A&M...

For that matter, outside of Rat-Face, Brownell, and Donahue this conference really is devoid of the type of coaching talent that a conference like the ACC should have out there

Agreed, and furthermore, after today's excellent showing, Clemson isn't remotely close to the bubble. They are in, and I would guess a single-digit seed, probably 7 or 8.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:04 pm

DallasEire {l Wrote}:How the fuck are USC and Penn State showing as in over BC? I understand that now is not the time to complain after getting buggy-whipped by a pedestrian bubble team but all things considered why should two teams that have essentially a couple of late season wins be in over BC?

Now DV is saying why not Harvard since they beat BC? after they lost to Princeton....

Then again these 8 Seniors and Reggie the Player of the year.. they lost again and again???
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Nolan Smith is one hell of a player. He's the best Duke PG I can remember since Jay Williams.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:10 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:Nolan Smith is one hell of a player. He's the best Duke PG I can remember since Jay Williams.

if he stays at dook next year, i'll buy him a motorcycle

I see what you did there...
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum