Davies From BYU

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Davies From BYU

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:51 pm

Interesting from Andy Katz's twitter feed:

@ESPNAndyKatz Does BYU's Davies have to sit out a year if he transfers? BC will need big men next year & I would love to see him at Conte.

Davies would be a huge get. This is something Donahue should absolutely look at. We need depth inside.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Re: Davies From BYU

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Is he mormon? Would that matter if he transferred to a Catholic university?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby branchinator on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:18 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Is he mormon? Would that matter if he transferred to a Catholic university?

Didn't matter to Paul Peterson.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:30 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Is he mormon? Would that matter if he transferred to a Catholic university?

The Don should recruit him hard. I mean he obviously is not that dogmatic of a Mormon and seems like he is a high-character guy. BC would be a good transition from BYU which cares about developing well-rounded student athletes. BC obviously wouldn't care if he was a Morman, the question is if he would be willing to go to a Catholic school. Unlike other religiously-affiliated schools BC probably has a majority non-Catholics. If he wants to play hoops, I would assume he would transfer to a non-Mormon school anyways because to my knowledge BYU is the only Mormon school that plays hoops at a high level.

Obviously a long-shot, but it seems like Davies would fill a need and be a good fit for Boston College. Let's make it happen!
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:52 am

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:

The Don should recruit him hard. I mean he obviously is not that dogmatic of a Mormon and seems like he is a high-character guy. BC would be a good transition from BYU which cares about developing well-rounded student athletes. BC obviously wouldn't care if he was a Morman, the question is if he would be willing to go to a Catholic school. Unlike other religiously-affiliated schools BC probably has a majority non-Catholics. If he wants to play hoops, I would assume he would transfer to a non-Mormon school anyways because to my knowledge BYU is the only Mormon school that plays hoops at a high level.

Obviously a long-shot, but it seems like Davies would fill a need and be a good fit for Boston College. Let's make it happen!

Go get him Steve.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:04 am

I am friends with a Mormon who played sports at BC. The Catholic nature of the school was never a problem for her. Can't see why it would be for him.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:46 am

Do we even know that he is considering transferring? If he does I can't really see why he would not have to sit a year. Even if he did have to sit I would go after him if he decides to transfer.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby Shredder on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:36 am

I can see him wanting to stay out west since he's from Utah. I think transfer rules still apply since he is transferring schools and even disciplinary dismissals are subject to the sitting out rules. He can petition the NCAA to waive the rule but I would be surprised to see them waive it. Still, he has two seasons of playing left. It could even lead to some beef between BC and BYU. We can even say that Catholics welcome sinners...especially if they can play basketball.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:43 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:Unlike other religiously-affiliated schools BC probably has a majority non-Catholics.

70% of students identify themselves as Catholic.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Return to Conte Forum