Final Four

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Final Four

Postby branchinator on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:39 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I love the hockey titles.

Seriously, all 800 people that care think the hockey program is the balls, but one game in the Final Four would draw more eyeballs in person and for TV than the hockey program has had in the last 10 years total.

If we also won the ACC Regular Season and Tourney Championships in this mythical season, then I may vote for the Final Four season. But if it's just one lucky run to a Final Four and that's all, then I will keep the four hockey titles. For me, this argument is about pride, not eyeballs. When I think of the BC sports program, the things that I am most proud of are the four title banners hanging in Conte. A Final Four season when we are not technically the champions of anything would not change that. While not nearly as many people care about college hockey, it is still one of the four major sports and college sports fans know that BC has arguably the best program in the country. And that's pretty cool.

I can guarantee you that if someone isn't from the Northeast or Midwest, that they have absolutely no idea that BC is the pre-dominant hockey program. And even if they somehow do, they wouldn't care. I'm going to up the ante here:

Would you trade the hockey titles for an appearance (i.e., no guarantee of a win) in the BCS National Title Game or Basketball Title Game? I sure as hell would.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:45 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Agreed. Being the premier hockey program in the country is pretty cool and is worth more to me than a good run in the NCAA Tourney or a BCS appearance.

No doubt a FF is super. Its a much higher profile sport (gazillion)---- like the BCS Games---- are the FF in Football.

There are two signature premier sports, Football is 1, the Cash King for most U's and Hoops is 2.

But a National Title and Sport Hockey Dominance is truly unique and special.

The queerbitch games Title line post above was gold.

Sailing and Queerbitch.... Sailing, hey, I will give a pass...since the Somalians may get all Atlantic on our ass, but Queerbitch guys.... PUSCAFXCKINGDORES!
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:53 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Seriously, all 800 people that care think the hockey program is the balls, but one game in the Final Four would draw more eyeballs in person and for TV than the hockey program has had in the last 10 years total.

If we also won the ACC Regular Season and Tourney Championships in this mythical season, then I may vote for the Final Four season. But if it's just one lucky run to a Final Four and that's all, then I will keep the four hockey titles. For me, this argument is about pride, not eyeballs. When I think of the BC sports program, the things that I am most proud of are the four title banners hanging in Conte. A Final Four season when we are not technically the champions of anything would not change that. While not nearly as many people care about college hockey, it is still one of the four major sports and college sports fans know that BC has arguably the best program in the country. And that's pretty cool.

I can guarantee you that if someone isn't from the Northeast or Midwest, that they have absolutely no idea that BC is the pre-dominant hockey program. And even if they somehow do, they wouldn't care. I'm going to up the ante here:

Please continue to care what other people think...don't forget to pick up a pack of Camels after work.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby branchinator on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:05 pm

What other people think does matter, Petey. And I remember you being funnier. What happened?
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:12 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:What other people think does matter, Petey. And I remember you being funnier. What happened?

I'd say it matters what a recruit thinks. It may even matter what a potential fan thinks. But I could care less what some mouthbreather in Arkansas thinks.

I was funny? I musta blacked out.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:20 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:What other people think does matter, Petey. And I remember you being funnier. What happened?

I'd say it matters what a recruit thinks. It may even matter what a potential fan thinks. But I could care less what some mouthbreather in Arkansas thinks.

I was funny? I musta blacked out.

I liked your Veggie stat line in the bubble discussion. Gave you a karma point for that one.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:22 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Would you trade the hockey titles for an appearance (i.e., no guarantee of a win) in the BCS National Title Game or Basketball Title Game? I sure as hell would.

A BCS National Title game implies an ACC Championship and perhaps an undefeated regular season. I would probably take that, but it would suck to lose that game and it would suck to lose the four (and probably more to come) hockey titles.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum