BYU honor code

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

BYU honor code

Postby branchinator on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:10 pm

So, the BYU player got dismissed for having sex with his girlfriend. Does that mean that someone turned him in? Who the fuck would want to go to BYU?
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Re: BYU honor code

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:28 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:So, the BYU player got dismissed for having sex with his girlfriend. Does that mean that someone turned him in? Who the fuck would want to go to BYU?

Saw that overview during the Duke game. Ridic. It's amazing BYU is able to field competitive teams.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby branchinator on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:36 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:So, the BYU player got dismissed for having sex with his girlfriend. Does that mean that someone turned him in? Who the fuck would want to go to BYU?

Saw that overview during the Duke game. Ridic. It's amazing BYU is able to field competitive teams.

You also can't convince me that Jimmer would face similar discipline. Mormons are the creepiest people alive.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:51 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:So, the BYU player got dismissed for having sex with his twenty three 14 year old white trailer park Mormon girlfriends. Does that mean that someone turned him in? Who the fuck would want to go to BYU?

Big love. He was probably turned in by some white pencil necked gold tighie whities wearing Romney zombie Mormon loser who found out he was banging his underage girlfriend silly...

:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

If true, BYU is the laughingstock hypocritical palce on earth since the punishment does not fit the "crime". :koolaid

Where is the Ty rant during the Pata wars.

Oh Lord was that funny...

:laugh :laugh :laugh
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby joemack13 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:56 pm

Question - can you get kicked out of BYU for beating off? What about oral sex? If you're doing your girlfriend and you pull out does that make it okay, or do they prefer you come inside her? Maybe this guy was just punished for wasting semen, like littering
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:59 pm

NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS YOU HISTORICAL PEDOFILE PERVERT TEENAGE GIRL ABUSING AND RAPING PSYCHO FALSE PROPHET HEATHEN WHITE BIGAMIST RACIST MOTHERFXCKING LOSERS.

Fixed. The kid should be allowed to tranfer without sitting out a year and get a waiver due to Black Schlong discrimination.

Brandon Davies was dismissed from BYU's basketball team after he admitted to having sexual relations with his girlfriend, the Salt Lake Tribune reported Wednesday.

BYU's honor code forbids students from having premarital sex and instructs them to "live a chaste and virtuous life."

BYU is in the midst of a dream season. But Brandon Davies' dismissal over the school's honor code is a nightmare for the Cougars,

The newspaper reported that Davies met with school officials on Monday.

BYU officials would only confirm Wednesday that Davies wasn't involved in anything criminal that resulted in his dismissal from the team.

University spokeswoman Carri Jenkins said an honor code review is under way to determine if the BYU sophomore will be allowed to remain in school, as well as his status with the team next season.

BYU's honor code also requires students to be honest; abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee and substance abuse; and attend church regularly.

The school announced the dismissal on Tuesday night after being made aware of the violation Monday -- the same day that BYU (27-2, 13-1 Mountain West) vaulted to No. 3 in the ESPN/USA Today and AP polls.

Davies had started 26 of 29 games and averaged 11.1 points and a team-leading 6.2 rebounds.

The sophomore was a key member of BYU's frontcourt and was instrumental in helping contain San Diego State's forwards in the Cougars' 80-67 victory over the Aztecs.

School officials said coach Dave Rose would address the issue following Wednesday's game against New Mexico.

Davies was one of Jimmer Fredette's favorite targets in the post, ran the floor well and gave the Cougars length and size inside.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:31 pm

BYU is just getting blasted by New Mexico right now.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:01 am

We complain about not being able to find a hadful of kids who can play hoops and are also smart enough to go to BC, but can you imagine how hard it is to get an 18 year old to come and sign something saying he won't have sex? The part about not drinking coffee whould be hard enough for me.

That being said, the kid signed on knowing this was what he agreed to. I think it's stupid, but on some level you have to respect that they are serious about their honor code and are basically giving up on a chance to have a potential deep tournament run.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby apbc12 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:42 am

branchinator {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

You also can't convince me that Jimmer would face similar discipline. Mormons are the creepiest people alive.

You've never met any Scientologists.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:44 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:BYU is just getting blasted by New Mexico right now.

they're probably all drunk and stoned

Or just had a can of coke.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:28 am

I had a good friend who went to Liberty. They have pretty similar honor code requirements. We used to play Spades, and the guy was really, really good at it, and we would play for money but he would only play for money against people who he really knew and trusted, because I guess gambling is on their list of offenses.

I am sure that some dorkus roommate of this kid probably turned him in, since the honor code also requires that you report any knowledge of misconduct.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby branchinator on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:30 am

About 2 months ago, I had a couple of college-aged Mormon kids stop by my house dressed in their Mormon attire. Since I was curious, I decided to engage them. After a couple minutes of them asking me probing questions about my religious beliefs, they started to get even more pushy. One of them took a look inside my house asked if they could come in and have a 15 minute talk about why I should join the Mormon Church. I obviously pushed back so he pulls out his calendar and says, "how about tomorrow at 6pm? No. Thursday? No. The week after? Look, I'm not interested."

I've never met any Scientologists and can imagine that they're equally or more creepy. The Fred Phelps Clan is more psychotic than anything. I find Mormons' quiet but aggressive approach far creepier. I guess the missions are good but I'm almost thinking that I'd rather live in extreme poverty than have to deal with those wackos on a daily basis.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:35 am

Mormons are a heathen cult and are led by false prophets.

They are all over my hood and have been told not to ring my door bell.

They ride by on bikes and ties and in black and say hello, and I say i went to BC..

2-0.

Like they don't know what I am talking about.... these golden underwear bigamists..

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:38 am

I heard that it was not sex, but he was just in her room?

Is this true or a rumor?

Where is Al Sharpton when you need Sweet Cheeks' fat racist card playing ass?

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Dirtywater on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:07 am

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:

We complain about not being able to find a hadful of kids who can play hoops and are also smart enough to go to BC, but can you imagine how hard it is to get an 18 year old to come and sign something saying he won't have sex? The part about not drinking coffee whould be hard enough for me.

That being said, the kid signed on knowing this was what he agreed to. I think it's stupid, but on some level you have to respect that they are serious about their honor code and are basically giving up on a chance to have a potential deep tournament run.

I agree with this. Yes - the Mormons seem to be a pretty unusual bunch and the historical foundations for their religion seem even stranger. Nonetheless - I have met about a dozen or so over the years and have to say that each stood out as some of the most decent people you would ever want to meet. Believe me when I say that true Catholics are looked upon very similarly by outsiders and aspects of Catholicism are routinely mocked (and there are many strange aspects to Catholicism to outsiders). If BYU sets an honor code that doesn't meet "modern" standards - its their business and the kids who sign up for it do so knowingly and at their peril. We shouldn't mock anybody's religion on this Board - we have it done to us all the time behind our backs and should know better.
Dirtywater
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:14 am

Dirtywater {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:

I agree with this. Yes - the Mormons seem to be a pretty unusual bunch and the historical foundations for their religion seem even stranger. Nonetheless - I have met about a dozen or so over the years and have to say that each stood out as some of the most decent people you would ever want to meet. Believe me when I say that true Catholics are looked upon very similarly by outsiders and aspects of Catholicism are routinely mocked (and there are many strange aspects to Catholicism to outsiders). If BYU sets an honor code that doesn't meet "modern" standards - its their business and the kids who sign up for it do so knowingly and at their peril. We shouldn't mock anybody's religion on this Board - we have it done to us all the time behind our backs and should know better.

The funny thing is that the historical foundations only seem weird because they occurred in modern times. There's not really anything more fantastical about them than Christianity...the difference is one was founded 150 years ago (or whatever) and one was founded 2,000 years ago. Mormonism is actually a very family-friendly, very warm and community-oriented religion. Yes, the requirement of missions and determination to convert is more in your face...but imagine getting the door slammed in your face over and over. For me the biggest thing that turns me off religion is this conversion and preachiness. If you think I'm going to hell, give me a quick once-over attempt and then let me burn. Seriously, do what you want, but leave me alone.

Now if you talk about the lunatic fringe, then Mormonism can be very scary (just like all extreme interpretations of religion). Read Under the Banner of Heaven and tell me whether you ever want to step foot in Utah.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby branchinator on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:01 pm

One of my managers at my first job out of college was a Mormon and he was a great guy but there was always something a little off. It's hard to pinpoint but my complaint with Mormons is that they're almost too nice. I find that to be creepy.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:07 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:One of my managers at my first job out of college was a Mormon and he was a great guy but there was always something a little off. It's hard to pinpoint but my complaint with Mormons is that they're almost too nice. I find that to be creepy.

I feel that every time I'm west of the Mississip and the fast food workers seem thrilled to be alive.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bcmurph on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:59 pm

If I recall the BC Hockey team had the same code in the 70's... :roll:
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:18 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:honor code... sounds like they mean Boner code...

i echo that mormons almost seem too nice. its not really creepy as much as it comes across as insincere

That's how I feel about southerners. Their pleasant and friendly nature seems insincere. Midwesterners, however, the nicest people around and it seems genuine. It really does. It's fascinating.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:45 pm

Blogboy made a point on twitter that if this guy can transfer without sitting a year, Donahue ought to be after him.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:51 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Blogboy made a point on twitter that if this guy can transfer without sitting a year, Donahue ought to be after him.

Pass.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:04 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:One of my managers at my first job out of college was a Mormon and he was a great guy but there was always something a little off. It's hard to pinpoint but my complaint with Mormons is that they're almost too nice. I find that to be creepy.

I feel that every time I'm west of the Mississip and the fast food workers seem thrilled to be alive.

That was the fucking bomb shot of the year. Classic..

:laugh :bowdown

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:06 pm

bcmurph {l Wrote}:If I recall the BC Hockey team had the same code in the 70's... :roll:

That was a wild and crazy bunch and the Football team too...Maryann's always had some fight action and local bars and parties... mostly started by girls and flirting and beer and you all know the drill..

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Williams Hall Honor Code

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Father Hanrahan told me my Senior Year if I was there overnight to use the bathrooms in the basement. Do you know how cold that fucking floor was in Winter? Damn it was like a sheet of ice.

I hereby turn my bad self in 37 years later and there was no sex, but I was in the room. The Rathskeller walk back to Hillside was too far and cold.

I was protecting the bushes and environment from Budweiser piss.

Wow. Just typing 37 years makes your fingers hurt.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby branchinator on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:33 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Blogboy made a point on twitter that if this guy can transfer without sitting a year, Donahue ought to be after him.

Pass.

I agree. There is absolutely no room on next year's roster for a talented big man.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:53 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Pass.

I agree. There is absolutely no room on next year's roster for a talented big man.

That guy is not the answer. He's also not a fit for the system. Oh, and he is also isn't that good that I would want to use a schollie on him. Enough with the BYU/SDSU bullshit.

If you were calling to say Fredette was available then I would agree with you. Otherwise, pass.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:38 pm

I've worked with a few Mormon women in my professional life and they've largely been ugly, fat, and annoying. Yet the ones that stick around Utah all seem like very nice, hot blonds. I think the ugly ones get banished to the east coast or something. Well played, Joe Smith. Well played.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:47 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:I've worked with a few Mormon women in my professional life and they've largely been ugly, fat, and annoying. Yet the ones that stick around Utah all seem like very nice, hot blonds. I think the ugly ones get banished to the east coast or something. Well played, Joe Smith. Well played.

No kidding. I have only been to Utah a couple of times but each time I was tempted to take a second wife. When I made this joke to my wife, she was not impressed.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:54 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:I've worked with a few Mormon women in my professional life and they've largely been ugly, fat, and annoying. Yet the ones that stick around Utah all seem like very nice, hot blonds. I think the ugly ones get banished to the east coast or something. Well played, Joe Smith. Well played.

No kidding. I have only been to Utah a couple of times but each time I was tempted to take a second wife. When I made this joke to my wife, she was not impressed.

FAMILY ATTACK!
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum