Some more reason for optimism

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Some more reason for optimism

Postby branchinator on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:28 pm

I'm with Teddy. When are these games EVER easy for BC?
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:53 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:SCORING MARGIN Margin (ACC games only)
1. Duke +12.3
2. North Carolina +7.4
3. Virginia Tech +5.1
4. Clemson +3.6
5. Florida State +2.5
6. Maryland +1.1
7. Boston College -1.1
8. Miami -1.3
9. Georgia Tech -2.5
10. Virginia -4.0
11. NC State -4.5
12. Wake Forest [size=GIANTMOTHERFUCKINGFONT] -18.7 [/size]

Pawned
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:TW is right about being nervous for Saturday. Wake has tons of young talent. If they put it together, God forbid, it could be interesting.

Wake doesn't have "lots of young talent".

Scout, ESPN, and Rivals disagree.

They've won 1 ACC game. Give me a break. I really don't care how many ESPNU Top 100 kids they have. They just lost by 30 at Georgia Tech who isn't exactly loaded last time I checked (GT is also coached by an absolutely basketball novice). Stop looking for reasons we're going to lose this game. The only way we lose is if BC just plays terrible (see games versus Yale and Harvard). Short of that, this Wake team is absolutely horrible and will be sent home with a 20 point drubbing.

Stating that they have young talent is not "looking for reasons." Here's a reason they could lose: Remember VaTech's senior day? Don't let it be ours.

The problem, and the reason that many people are still nervous about Sunday despite the Demon Degenerates' abysmal performance both in and out of conference play this season (that scoring margin is really an embarrassment to the entire ACC), is that this BC team IS capable of playing as horribly as they did against Yale, and has done so fairly recently (e.g., the first half against Miami in Conte). It would certainly be a shocking upset if WF won on Sunday, and it would still be a major surprise if WF lost in Conte but then beat BC in the ACCT rematch, but this BC team has been so (bleep) inconsistent over the course of this season that it's not easy to relax before the final buzzer. I fully expect BC to beat WF in both games, but BC's erratic play still leaves me with a twinge of nervousness. We can only hope that BC (which HAS played very well in the last two games) has finally understood the need for mental discipline and will play with some consistency from this point on.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby bcbcbcbcbc4444 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:03 pm

Obviously I think BC will beat Wake on a Sunday but if there was ever a team to lose this game it would this year's BC team. I will be shocked if it isnt a sweat.
bcbcbcbcbc4444
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:11 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:TW is right about being nervous for Saturday. Wake has tons of young talent. If they put it together, God forbid, it could be interesting.

Wake doesn't have "lots of young talent".

Scout, ESPN, and Rivals disagree.

They've won 1 ACC game. Give me a break. I really don't care how many ESPNU Top 100 kids they have. They just lost by 30 at Georgia Tech who isn't exactly loaded last time I checked (GT is also coached by an absolutely basketball novice). Stop looking for reasons we're going to lose this game. The only way we lose is if BC just plays terrible (see games versus Yale and Harvard). Short of that, this Wake team is absolutely horrible and will be sent home with a 20 point drubbing.

Stating that they have young talent is not "looking for reasons." Here's a reason they could lose: Remember VaTech's senior day? Don't let it be ours.

VT was playing a legitimate basketball team in BC. BC is not playing a legitimate basketball team in Wake. Again, I'm not going out on any limb here in saying BC by 20.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:43 pm

I never said Wake Forest was going to win. Alls I saids is that I'm worried. Considering the fuck-up losses we've suffered as a program I wouldn't be counting any game as a win, and I sure as hell wouldn't count on a 20 point win against an ACC opponent with D1 recruits especially considering we live and die by the three.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:49 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I never said Wake Forest was going to win. Alls I saids is that I'm worried. Considering the fuck-up losses we've suffered as a program I wouldn't be counting any game as a win, and I sure as hell wouldn't count on a 20 point win against an ACC opponent with D1 recruits especially considering we live and die by the three.

Don't Be Afraid of Wake Forest

:koolaid
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:52 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I never said Wake Forest was going to win. Alls I saids is that I'm worried. Considering the fuck-up losses we've suffered as a program I wouldn't be counting any game as a win, and I sure as hell wouldn't count on a 20 point win against an ACC opponent with D1 recruits especially considering we live and die by the three.

I'm more afraid of Boston College.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:54 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I'll take 67-50 BC though frankly I don't really care how many points we win by. Let's win and get ready for them again. It might not be bad for Wake to push us a bit on Sunday because we're going to see them again very soon.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:56 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I'll take 67-50 BC though frankly I don't really care how many points we win by. Let's win and get ready for them again. It might not be bad for Wake to push us a bit on Sunday because we're going to see them again very soon.

Yeah, I'll pretty much take a 51-50 win tomorrow and a 51-50 win in the first round as long as we get to 20. But... 67-50 sounds more right-er-ish.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:40 am

eepstein's confidence scares me. He was positive that BC would lose to VT. He is ibsolutes jr. Out of control.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:42 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:eepstein's confidence scares me. He was positive that BC would lose to VT. He is ibsolutes jr. Out of control.

yup. close win sunday.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:40 am

Southern turns into Bill Russell instead of Ann.

Jackson hits 3 straight first pitch home runs.

Trapani throws 6 TD's passes.

Raji makes an interception and gets a Pick 6.

Cahill. US Marshall. He can shoot the 3 ball from the deep prairie in Fort Worth.

Rubin --- easy on the sauerkraut and extra russian dressing.

Paris -- There is one in Texas that Biko can see next month.

Moton -- We be motoring to Texas.

Dunn -- Duhn, Who thinks we can't win 6 and an NCAA Bunny!

More later... or say please stop.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:51 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:eepstein's confidence scares me. He was positive that BC would lose to VT. He is ibsolutes jr. Out of control.

I was confident we'd pound a terrible UVA team on the road also. 20 point win. This team has turned the corner since in the Miami game.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:25 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I was confident we'd pound a terrible UVA team on the road also. 20 point win. This team has turned the corner since in the Miami game.

They've certainly played very well in the last two games, but this BC team has made a season-long (and much longer for the seniors) habit of walking back around the corner they'd just turned. It will take at least a little longer to build confidence that they finally have their heads screwed on tightly and pointed in the right direction.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:34 am

Wake sucks somehting awful so I think we could play a pretty mediocre game and still win. I don't see us blowing them out but I think we win comfortably. I see it staying close for a while with us playing down to the level of competition a little, but ultimately pulling away.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby GlorytoBC on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:37 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Wake doesn't have "lots of young talent". Youth isn't the reason they continue to get blasted night after night in the ACC. This should be a 20 point win going away unless BC comes out flat as all hell on Senior Day.

The reason why they continue to get blasted in the ACC is because right now, they don't have an ACC caliber big man...another reason is the fact that their Point Guard got hurt in the Pre-Season, played on a hurt foot in the first game of the season and made the injury MUCH, MUCH worse. Because of that, their PG missed the first half of the season and has yet to really make an impact.

You are fooling yourself if you don't think Travis McKie, JT Terrell, CJ Harris and Tony Chennelut won't be good ACC players by the time they're upper classmen. (hell Travis McKie will probably be an outstanding ACC player)

I really don't know how good Carson Desrosiers is going to be...dude is just afraid of any kind of contact.
GlorytoBC
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:56 am

GlorytoBC {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Wake doesn't have "lots of young talent". Youth isn't the reason they continue to get blasted night after night in the ACC. This should be a 20 point win going away unless BC comes out flat as all hell on Senior Day.

The reason why they continue to get blasted in the ACC is because right now, they don't have an ACC caliber big man...another reason is the fact that their Point Guard got hurt in the Pre-Season, played on a hurt foot in the first game of the season and made the injury MUCH, MUCH worse. Because of that, their PG missed the first half of the season and has yet to really make an impact.

You are fooling yourself if you don't think Travis McKie, JT Terrell, CJ Harris and Tony Chennelut won't be good ACC players by the time they're upper classmen. (hell Travis McKie will probably be an outstanding ACC player)

I really don't know how good Carson Desrosiers is going to be...dude is just afraid of any kind of contact.

We don't have an ACC caliber big man and we're just fine...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum