bc +9 at vpi

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: bc +9 at vpi

Postby bcbcbcbcbc4444 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:26 pm

bcmurph {l Wrote}:In the context of tonight's game, I'll say this about Southern;

In the first game the team was +11 with him on the court. VT scored 28 points in his 25 minutes and 28 points in the 15 minutes he was on the bench....Go Josh, Go Eagles...

Say what you want about Southern on the offensive end, but this team would not be in tourney contention without him.
bcbcbcbcbc4444
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:06 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:BC will win this game. Then we will have to suffer through a miserable performance against Wake that I give a 50/50 chance at the ultimate WTF.

Look I want nothing better than for BC to win, but please entertain me how we're winning that building outside of VT just flat out face-planting.

Because VT is mediocre, BC needs the game, VT is coming off of a huge high with major let down potential, BC is a very bad matchup for VT, and the building doesn't get to play.

1) I agree VT is mediocre (but so are we)
2) I agree we need this game (but so do they)
3) Definite potential for a letdown game, but with the experiences they have had the last couple of years being on the wrong side of the bubble, I think they are going to be very motivated to lockup a bid, which they will do if they win their last two.
4) Not sure how bad a matchup we really are for them. We beat them by 2 on our home court and they seemed to matchup ok.
5) I know home court advantage is foreign to those of us who see a lot of games at Conte, but it actually does exist. Ask Duke - It's a tough place to play.

That said, I think 9 points is a lot and it will be close.

you are debating this with a guy who thinks (1)BC will lose to Wake, (2) Rakim Sanders is an NBA lottery pick, and (3) Josh Southern is an outstanding Defensive player.....good luck.

Board bores you.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby SJeagle09 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:08 pm

lol on the oop attempt. Sick dunk however by Reggie
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:35 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:BC will win this game. Then we will have to suffer through a miserable performance against Wake that I give a 50/50 chance at the ultimate WTF.

Look I want nothing better than for BC to win, but please entertain me how we're winning that building outside of VT just flat out face-planting.

Because VT is mediocre, BC needs the game, VT is coming off of a huge high with major let down potential, BC is a very bad matchup for VT, and the building doesn't get to play.

Bump
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:01 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Okay.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angryty on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:17 pm

How could anyone who is even remotely familiar with Seth Greenberg have ever thought that Va Tech had a chinaman's chance in hell tonight? This one was in the bag.
angryty
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:26 pm

angryty {l Wrote}:How could anyone who is even remotely familiar with Seth Greenberg have ever thought that Va Tech had a chinaman's chance in hell tonight? This one was in the bag.

I took a ton of crap today and it was an automatic.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:27 pm

Anyone seen OJ? Anyone? Enormous win, no OJ.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Conte Forum