Duds Back in Beantown?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Duds Back in Beantown?

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:48 pm

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Re: Duds Back in Beantown?

Postby Logitano on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:19 pm

Nate Robinson and a 1st Rounder for JD, wtf? Did Ainge think McHale had taken over the Suns? A circus freak and a very very low 1st round draft pick for him is insulting. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:24 pm

Perk & Nate for Jeff Green & Kristic.

Interesting to say the least.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:31 pm

Yeah that was a lousy offer, and now they dealt Robinson, so that's over.

Duds has a lot of value - lock-down defender, 3-pt. shooter and a very reasonable contract. Would have loved to see him get out of the sinking ship that is the Suns, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

EDIT: also, is it just me or did the Thunder just get exactly what they need to beat the Lakers?
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:54 pm

I don't get the Perk deal from the Celtics' POV. I like Green but losing Perk changes the whole team.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby AustrianEagle on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:14 pm

I am pissed - are they completely insane to trade Perkins? this trade makes no sense (for the Celtics) at all.
don´t get me wrong I really like Jeff Green but Perk plus KG plus Rondo made it the NBA´s best defense. I have seen OKC about 20 times this year and Kristic had not one impressive game and will never be the defensive player that Perk is (and he will get better).
AustrianEagle
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:18 pm

Deal's a wash for the present and a plus for the future. I am indifferent. I like Perk's defense, but Green is a much better player.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:50 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Yeah that was a lousy offer, and now they dealt Robinson, so that's over.

Duds has a lot of value - lock-down defender, 3-pt. shooter and a very reasonable contract. Would have loved to see him get out of the sinking ship that is the Suns, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

EDIT: also, is it just me or did the Thunder just get exactly what they need to beat the Lakers?

It is just you. Nate Robinson is a cancer. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:21 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Yeah that was a lousy offer, and now they dealt Robinson, so that's over.

It is just you. Nate Robinson is a cancer. :ace

Yeah, I guess maybe the Celts are thinking addition by subtraction.

But Perkins is just the guy to defend the lakers' size.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Deal's a wash for the present and a plus for the future. I am indifferent. I like Perk's defense, but Green is a much better player.

Troy Murphy is coming to Boston to replace Perkins. Mark it down. And Murphy is a much better player. Adding Troy Murphy and Jeff Green, the Celtics are going to be ridiculous.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:54 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Deal's a wash for the present and a plus for the future. I am indifferent. I like Perk's defense, but Green is a much better player.

Troy Murphy is coming to Boston to replace Perkins. Mark it down. And Murphy is a much better player. Adding Troy Murphy and Jeff Green, the Celtics are going to be ridiculous.

Murphy has played like 16 games in 2 years. I don't think anyone can say he is "much better" than Perk. Besides, Delbarton's Finest has always been a PF... not a C. And yes... Cs are one of 3 teams he is rumored to be going to should Golden State likely buy him out. Jeff Green however is a nice player. No star, but an excellent role player on a team that already has stars.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby shockdoct on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:32 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Murphy has played like 16 games in 2 years.

He avged 14 and 10 for the Pacers last year in 72 games, but lets not let facts get in the way or anything...
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:34 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Murphy has played like 16 games in 2 years.

He avged 14 and 10 for the Pacers last year in 72 games, but lets not let facts get in the way or anything...

This is an unnecessary admonishment. HJS never lets facts get in the way.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby footer20 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:09 pm

RAAAAASSSHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

It could happen. Ainge was saying he is going to add some big men with shooting ability very soon last night.

That is either Rasheed or possibly Murphy.

He wouldnt leave the team with Big baby, garnett, green, O'Neal(s), and Krstic

Green might play more 3 than 4, so we are going to add another big
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:07 pm

footer20 {l Wrote}:RAAAAASSSHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

It could happen. Ainge was saying he is going to add some big men with shooting ability very soon last night.

That is either Rasheed or possibly Murphy.

He wouldnt leave the team with Big baby, garnett, green, O'Neal(s), and Krstic

Green might play more 3 than 4, so we are going to add another big

My guess is that they'll add Troy Murphy and Leon Powe.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:14 pm

Troy Murphy picks the Celtics over the Heat. This is not a shocker at all. He's a northeast guy, and deep-down I think the Celtics have a better chance of winning a title than the Heat this year. It's a big get for the Celtics, and it'll allow them to play the matchups more than they've been able to recently.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/ne ... id=6170568
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Return to Conte Forum