The U @ BC Must-Win Wed. Night 7 pm

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

The U @ BC Must-Win Wed. Night 7 pm

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:59 pm

Figured we may as well get this one started. I'm sitting about three rows off the floor Saturday in Charlotesville at UVA across from the BC bench. Unfortunately we'll all be enjoying this game on the internet if we don't live in Boston.

This game absolutely scares the crap out of me. Miami actually has some legitimate talent in spite of their dunce of a coach.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Re: The U @ BC Must-Win Wed. Night 7 pm

Postby Art Vandelay on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:17 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Figured we may as well get this one started. I'm sitting about three rows off the floor Saturday in Charlotesville at UVA across from the BC bench. Unfortunately we'll all be enjoying this game on the internet if we don't live in Boston.

This game absolutely scares the crap out of me. Miami actually has some legitimate talent in spite of their dunce of a coach.

Reggie Johnson is a beast and he scares me because our interior defense sux. Southern simply can not cover a guy like him. I think we need to go at him early to try to get him in some early foul trouble.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby joesim on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:32 am

im on vacation in florida do u think the game will be on down hear
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:43 am

joesim {l Wrote}:im on vacation in florida do u think the game will be on down hear

no
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:46 am

It simply isn't on tv, interwebz, etc. (this is the first year I can remember ACC games not being broadcasted at all -VTech wasn't IIRC as well).
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:46 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:can someone tell me, is this a "big" game?

You have to go and screw it up don't you? The question is do we need this game baaaad?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:09 am

TRE, what does MUST-WIN mean to you? It's a big game, durrrrr

My understanding is that if we win this game we win the Pac-10 tournament, which gives us good seeding for the ACC tournament and an automatic bid to the regional finals.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:59 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:can someone tell me, is this a "big" game?

You have to go and screw it up don't you? The question is do we need this game baaaad?

I'd just strongly recommend that we win.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:05 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:TRE, what does MUST-WIN mean to you? It's a big game, durrrrr

My understanding is that if we win this game we win the Pac-10 tournament, which gives us good seeding for the ACC tournament and an automatic bid to the regional finals.

pac 10 doesn't make any sense, manny.

my understanding is if we win this game and then beat vpi then we are 3-1 in the big ecc but more importantly gives us the 2-0 tie-breaker over VPI. as long as we finish in the top 2 of the big ecc, we get seeded higher than 12 in the acc tournament AND we get to print "big ecc co-champions" shirts. i still have mine from the dudley/smith team.

the bad news is that if we lose both of these games we finish 3rd in the big ecc and although wake has the 12th seed wrapped up, the players and coaches will still have to go through the old mill when they get to greensboro

Where's the old mill? Sounds like something I can do Thursday Morning before the games start.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:06 pm

BC 77 Miami 74
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:48 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Figured we may as well get this one started. I'm sitting about three rows off the floor Saturday in Charlotesville at UVA across from the BC bench. Unfortunately we'll all be enjoying this game on the internet if we don't live in Boston.

Wow, you have better seats than I do. Enjoy - not sure if you've been to a game at JPJ yet but it's a really nice venue.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:58 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

Wow, you have better seats than I do. Enjoy - not sure if you've been to a game at JPJ yet but it's a really nice venue.

I went to the BC Game in '08 and the Duke game 1.5 weeks ago. JPJ is beautiful. Right across from the BC bench on Saturday so it should be interesting.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:32 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

I went to the BC Game in '08 and the Duke game 1.5 weeks ago. JPJ is beautiful. Right across from the BC bench on Saturday so it should be interesting.

It's amazing that such a bad basektball program can justify such a nice arena. I've been to a lot of basketball games there, but they also make a lot of revenue from concerts, the circus, etc.

Would be nice if we could afford/fill an arena like that.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:47 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

It's amazing that such a bad basektball program can justify such a nice arena. I've been to a lot of basketball games there, but they also make a lot of revenue from concerts, the circus, etc.

I've heard originally, the arena was approved in part because it was supposed to be limited in terms of non-Hoos sports use. The university kept adding dates and shows for all kinds of external participants and I know alums, donors, and locals who feel 1) they were lied to and 2) it's gotten out of hand. I think they've more than doubled the number since its opening. It is a beautiful arena though.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:56 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

I've heard originally, the arena was approved in part because it was supposed to be limited in terms of non-Hoos sports use. The university kept adding dates and shows for all kinds of external participants and I know alums, donors, and locals who feel 1) they were lied to and 2) it's gotten out of hand. I think they've more than doubled the number since its opening. It is a beautiful arena though.

Yeah, I can see how the big donors would be pissed, but as an alum/local, I really like it. Between that arena and the football stadium we get some pretty incredible acts coming through for being a relatively small town.

And by the way, the baseball stadium makes Shea look like little-league, too.

This is exactly why BC needs a retractable dome with at least one million seats.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:40 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

Yeah, I can see how the big donors would be pissed, but as an alum/local, I really like it. Between that arena and the football stadium we get some pretty incredible acts coming through for being a relatively small town.

And by the way, the baseball stadium makes Shea look like little-league, too.

This is exactly why BC needs a retractable dome with at least one million seats.

Conte Forum is an absolutely horrible basketball venue. JPJ is unbelievable. The Comcast Center is also very nice. The Dean Dome is a dump.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby joesim on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:09 pm

if no one knows yet the bc game is playing on
http://www.theacc.com/allaccess/?media=221480
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:14 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i don't know that i would say the dean dome is a dump as much as that it's had a tough 25 years and needs to be modernized. the fact that they fill 21,750 seats for just about every game is impressive and should provide revenues sufficient to upgrade accordingly

That's a fair analysis.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby auggiebc on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:44 pm

joesim {l Wrote}:if no one knows yet the bc game is playing on

good, thanks. the link to view the game on that site is unclickable. is that because it doesn't activate until tip off, or do we need to login/set up account?
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby auggiebc on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:46 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:
joesim {l Wrote}:if no one knows yet the bc game is playing on

good, thanks. the link to view the game on that site is unclickable. is that because it doesn't activate until tip off, or do we need to login/set up account?

disregard. it's working fine.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:02 pm

Stuck at work so will be joining with Meter on the radio. Let's get a big W.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:09 pm

Loving the 8-bit graphics on theacc.com. Really top notch stuff.

It's like watching DOUBLE DRIBBLE.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby footer20 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:12 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:Loving the 8-bit graphics on theacc.com. Really top notch stuff.

It's like watching DOUBLE DRIBBLE.

channelsurf.eu has the game too
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:17 pm

My ACC feed isn't bad, granted it's no ESPN3

Reggie is going to love having a competent big man when he drives.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Hunta518 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:26 pm

pathetic :suicide
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby joesim on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:27 pm

we suckk tonite
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:28 pm

why are there so many media timeouts when no media outlets are covering this shitty game?
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:30 pm

Nothing like getting drilled by Miami at home in a must win.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:33 pm

Hunta518 {l Wrote}:pathetic :suicide

Down 14 to a terrible Miami team...gotta make a run pretty quick here.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:35 pm

Just literally embarrassing ourselves here.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum