Props to Coach Donohue

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Props to Coach Donohue

Postby EagleNYC on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:55 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:The Skinner era is over, but that doesn't mean that he shouldn't be compared to the current HC. It's a very natural thing to do. I don't read the threads carefully enough to remember who posted what, but there have plenty plenty "Al was lazy/dumb" posts and ever more "The Don is a genius" posts this season. I've written before that I agree it was time for Al to go, and that the last 3 seasons were disappointing. But if we're grading Donahue on a curve since it is his first year (a completely reasonable position) why not be up front about it and let him stand on his own merits? There is no need to denigrate Skinner at every turn.

Again, I don't know if the original poster has done this; standing alone his post is at least lucid, though the subsequent arguments demonstrated that a greater testament to great coaching would have been figuring this out before we played Duke. As an aside, I disagree with the notion that the philosophy should have shifted at half time of the first game: they were down 14 points, so slowing it down was not a high percentage play.

Short of God hHimself playing center for us against Duke, we're not beating them this season. Especially not in Cameron.

Heathen!

That's not the issue: which style of play would give us a higher chance at victory? I agree that we'd lose 95 times out of 100 if we played them this year.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum