BC-UNC TV

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC-UNC TV

Postby Art Vandelay on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:59 pm

That was much closer than expected, but that was an ugly game all around
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:59 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Can't complain about that shot, only because it is Reggie. otherwise, that was some horrible shit right there.

Shot looked good the whole way...shit that was our chance right there. Donahue just coached circles around Roy Williams btw.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby auggiebc on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:59 pm

2 point loss. somehow I knew the non-goaltending call, UNC first 2 points of the game, would come back to haunt us.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:00 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:My ESPN-HD must be on Hindu Dunkistan fucking time.

Boy was I last???

:laugh

Must be. So I get delayed anger and pain.

So I get tacit Anger Management.

FUCK EVERYBODY WHO EVER LIVED IN THAT SHITHOLE STATE.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Just terrible that that is the shot that you take. I normally agree with Len that you go for the win there, but the momentum was all in their favor. Run a play and get a good shot and go to OT. Like I said, if it wasn't Reggie, I'd be pissed, but he makes those.

On the road I think you go for the win. Especially since we have not had a lot of luck going inside against them.
Last edited by Art Vandelay on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:01 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Can't complain about that shot, only because it is Reggie. otherwise, that was some horrible shit right there.

Shot looked good the whole way...shit that was our chance right there. Donahue just coached circles around Roy Williams btw.

We can agree on that. The Don is so much better of a coach than Roy it is upsurd. I am waiting for all the people that mock me for saying he is a bad coach. The guy doesn't blow, he might be the worst coach I have ever seen.

And the Don was good today, by the way. Great plan. Poor shooting, otherwise they win by 10.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:02 pm

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Just terrible that that is the shot that you take. I normally agree with Len that you go for the win there, but the momentum was all in their favor. Run a play and get a good shot and go to OT. Like I said, if it wasn't Reggie, I'd be pissed, but he makes those.

On the road I think you go for the win. Especially since we have not had a lot of luck going inside against them.

Like I said, normally I would agree. But UNC and Roy were shitting bricks. BC wins that OT.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Art Vandelay on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

We can agree on that. The Don is so much better of a coach than Roy it is upsurd. I am waiting for all the people that mock me for saying he is a bad coach. The guy doesn't blow, he might be the worst coach I have ever seen.

And the Don was good today, by the way. Great plan. Poor shooting, otherwise they win by 10.

Don was good today other than going man in the second half.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:03 pm

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:

Agreed I like the strategy, damn thing just needs to go in the basket. I'm really scared now about Wednesday.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:04 pm

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Don was good today other than going man in the second half.

Agreed. That stretch to start the half was bad. But in the end, when UNC froze up like Roy Williams coaching a basketball team, the man was what turned it.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:04 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:

Like I said, normally I would agree. But UNC and Roy were shitting bricks. BC wins that OT.

No way Reggie was going to get a foul call if he went to the hoop...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby auggiebc on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:12 pm

It's my fault. I was celebrating the win while Reggie's shot was still in the air. In my defense, the shot looked perfect. I thought we stole that game.

On a brighter note, I think this gives the team some much needed confidence and they'll handle VT in Blacksburg. We are still in control of 20/10 destiny.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby bcmurph on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:29 pm

We are still in control of 20/10 destiny.

Agree...too bad though, this one was winnable...some huge calls that didn't go our way...

Also agree with tw that Raji passed up too many shots. Biko was near invisible...Also, if we had a player who's the best of Moton and the best of Rubin he might have won us the game, but as much as I admire his effort, Moton saw too many minutes,,,
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby bcbcbcbcbc4444 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:23 pm

A few things I noticed during the game:
1. I hate to make excuses but the officiating, especially in the first half, was atrocious. I cant count how many times i yelled "travel!" at the TV after a no call.
2. Im done criticizing Josh Southern. His offensive skills are terrible as has already been pointed out, but hes by far our most valuable defensive player. Zeller completely dominated Trapani whenever Southern was on the bench.
3. Crazy comeback, devastating ending. Hopefully the committee ignores the first game between these two teams, as BC has shown that they can more than hold their own (on the road) against UNC.
bcbcbcbcbc4444
Carney Hall

Postby floocher on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:54 pm

Thanks for saying that about Southern. When he's on the bench, dwarfs take it to the rim unimpeded. He is not pretty, but he makes a difference.
floocher
n00b

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:14 am

Becasue of the make-up of the team, not taht he is that type of player, Trapani needs to help out more down low on defense, along with the rest.

Man I thought that shot was in. DISGUSTIAD.

Stevie D. --BC has found a long term solution and GDF has hit Two Grand Slams in a row. This guy can Coach em' up.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:57 am

floocher {l Wrote}:Thanks for saying that about Southern. When he's on the bench, dwarfs take it to the rim unimpeded. He is not pretty, but he makes a difference.

I've come around on Southern...I'm now back to square one on Moton though.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:51 am

-Like I said this team doesn't have enough gas to play good offense and good defense at the same time for a whole game. if we had 3 more players at the level of a guy like Elmore we would be much better.
-The refs here were terrible, missed foul calls the should have been offensive interference on Henson, travels. I broke a few too many things because of this.
-Because of the refs i think that we couldn't really have taken anything going to the rim on the final play, there would be no foul call in the Dean Dome with UNC having a chance to lose. The 3 was a decent look but i would have liked some more ball movement to hopefully get Reggie a set shot, but then again i didn't really want anyone else touching the ball either.
-Good gameplan trying to slow them down and limit fast breaks, we just didn't hit any shots, if we shot even Yale level against UNC we would have won.
-This game was excruciating to watch. Jesus, nothing was good about that game.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:53 am

possibly the worst charge call on raji that I've ever seen. The defender was not only sliding sideways when the contact occurred, he was leaning forward into raja with his elbow. That two points ended up being The difference.

Of course, if anyone for bc was able to shoot, or if trap could convert an and one, bc wins the game. Great coaching, good d and horrible shooting.

I do think the Danny rubin starting each half thing has to end. Get raji put here for he rest of the way.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:48 pm

According to the UNC fans on InsideCarolina, Josh Southern is a THUG!!!!!!!
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=78&f=1410&t=7217685
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:06 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:According to the UNC fans on InsideCarolina, Josh Southern is a THUG!!!!!!!
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=78&f=1410&t=7217685

I think they are mistaking inept and non athletic for thuggery.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum