Chris Singleton Foot Fracture

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Chris Singleton Foot Fracture

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:00 am

So FSU is 8-3 right now in the ACC. Luckily for them they still have Wake and NCST remaining. I could see them going about 1-4 down the stretch losing to Maryland, UNC, NCST and Miami to finish 9-7 in conference bringing a possible 1st Round Bye for BC into the picture in the ACCT. MD, NCST and Wake are on the road.

That team offensively is horrible with Singleton, they're going to be even worse without him.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Re: Chris Singleton Foot Fracture

Postby BC923 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:13 pm

this helps us a lot especially because without him i can't see them doing anything, especially in the ACCT.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:42 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:this helps us a lot especially because without him i can't see them doing anything, especially in the ACCT.

Chris Singleton wasn't the reason why we got dickstomped in Tallahassee. Take him out of the equation and we'd still have no chance of scoring enough points to beat them. Their defense absolutely owned us.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:45 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:this helps us a lot especially because without him i can't see them doing anything, especially in the ACCT.

Chris Singleton wasn't the reason why we got dickstomped in Tallahassee. Take him out of the equation and we'd still have no chance of scoring enough points to beat them. Their defense absolutely owned us.

yes but there is a chance that they start getting dickstomped by every other team and potentially miss out on the tourney.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:35 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:

yes but there is a chance that they start getting dickstomped by every other team and potentially miss out on the tourney.

I don't think FSU is missing the NCAA tourney. On that topic, is there any chance Singleton could return by then?
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagles97 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:45 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:So FSU is 8-3 right now in the ACC. Luckily for them they still have Wake and NCST remaining. I could see them going about 1-4 down the stretch losing to Maryland, UNC, NCST and Miami to finish 9-7 in conference bringing a possible 1st Round Bye for BC into the picture in the ACCT. MD, NCST and Wake are on the road.

That team offensively is horrible with Singleton, they're going to be even worse without him.

Do we want a bye in the ACCT? Making an assumption that we are not going to win and get an auto bid to the NCAA, wouldn't the extra game against one of the worst teams in the ACC, assuming a win, help us get over the hump for an at large bid?
Eagles97
Carney Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:05 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Eagles97 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:So FSU is 8-3 right now in the ACC. Luckily for them they still have Wake and NCST remaining. I could see them going about 1-4 down the stretch losing to Maryland, UNC, NCST and Miami to finish 9-7 in conference bringing a possible 1st Round Bye for BC into the picture in the ACCT. MD, NCST and Wake are on the road.

Do we want a bye in the ACCT? Making an assumption that we are not going to win and get an auto bid to the NCAA, wouldn't the extra game against one of the worst teams in the ACC, assuming a win, help us get over the hump for an at large bid?

this is a good point. maybe we need to throw a game or two to ensure a 5th or 6th place ranking and a game against ga tech or wake.

wait a minute...

Instead, I propose that we win all of our remaining games, and then win all of our games in the ACC tournament. By my calculation that makes us a lock for the dance.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:19 pm

Eagles97 {l Wrote}:

Yes. 10-6 will get you the 4 seed and we'd have to beat VT or UNC on the road to get that.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagles97 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:41 am

Eagles97 {l Wrote}:

this is a good point. maybe we need to throw a game or two to ensure a 5th or 6th place ranking and a game against ga tech or wake.

wait a minute...

Clearly not what I meant, but thanks for misrepresenting. The point is we only play two teams that are currently above us (UNC and VT). Regardless of the outcome of BC's remaining games they will not climb higher than Duke or UNC and I doubt they would be able to wrestle the 3 seed from FSU both and Clemson (who do not play each other) BC has a realistic chance to get either the 4 seed with a 1st round bye or the 5th seed with out a bye. Either way they are still playing the same 4/5 seed team. Couldn't you make the arguement that an extra win over Wake (assuming we win) and then playing the same opponent we would have anywould would give us an extra win would help our cause for the NCAA.
Eagles97
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:05 pm

Eagles97 {l Wrote}:The point is we only play two teams that are currently above us (UNC and VT). Regardless of the outcome of BC's remaining games they will not climb higher than Duke or UNC and I doubt they would be able to wrestle the 3 seed from FSU both and Clemson (who do not play each other) BC has a realistic chance to get either the 4 seed with a 1st round bye or the 5th seed with out a bye. Either way they are still playing the same 4/5 seed team. Couldn't you make the arguement that an extra win over Wake (assuming we win) and then playing the same opponent we would have anywould would give us an extra win would help our cause for the NCAA.

snark aside, remember the point of this thread. who knows what's going to happen to fsu with singleton out. if they plummet like a kmart-less cinncinatti team and we win the games we'll be favored it, that could sneak us into 4th place with a patented clemson late season collapse.

the even more interesting scenario has us at 4 and fsu at 5. i'll leave the possibility of that to the kid doing his stats homework at the beanpot, but that cuold really be rich. also, the 5 with a potential for 2 wins (wake and fsu at 4) has to make some of the hoops weirdos salivate

More than likely we get the 6. We beat GT on Thursday, we beat a 3 seed FSU on Friday Night (while Maryland upsets UNC on Friday Night also), we beat Maryland on Saturday and play Duke in the Final. That's your perfect scenario.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:10 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eagles97 {l Wrote}:The point is we only play two teams that are currently above us (UNC and VT). Regardless of the outcome of BC's remaining games they will not climb higher than Duke or UNC and I doubt they would be able to wrestle the 3 seed from FSU both and Clemson (who do not play each other) BC has a realistic chance to get either the 4 seed with a 1st round bye or the 5th seed with out a bye. Either way they are still playing the same 4/5 seed team. Couldn't you make the arguement that an extra win over Wake (assuming we win) and then playing the same opponent we would have anywould would give us an extra win would help our cause for the NCAA.

snark aside, remember the point of this thread. who knows what's going to happen to fsu with singleton out. if they plummet like a kmart-less cinncinatti team and we win the games we'll be favored it, that could sneak us into 4th place with a patented clemson late season collapse.

the even more interesting scenario has us at 4 and fsu at 5. i'll leave the possibility of that to the kid doing his stats homework at the beanpot, but that cuold really be rich. also, the 5 with a potential for 2 wins (wake and fsu at 4) has to make some of the hoops weirdos salivate

More than likely we get the 6. We beat GT on Thursday, we beat a 3 seed FSU on Friday Night (while Maryland upsets UNC on Friday Night also), we beat Maryland on Saturday and play Duke in the Final. That's your perfect scenario.

Of course I want the team to win every game they play, but in a way I'm fine with the 6. It's the late game Thursday and gives me the best chance of being able to watch the entirety of each ACCT game BC participates in.

Eep, under your scenario I hope your rabid band of merrymakers is still lively enough to go crazy Sunday afternoon.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:31 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Of course I want the team to win every game they play, but in a way I'm fine with the 6. It's the late game Thursday and gives me the best chance of being able to watch the entirety of each ACCT game BC participates in.

Eep, under your scenario I hope your rabid band of merrymakers is still lively enough to go crazy Sunday afternoon.

Oh we'll be hungover but ready to go
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Return to Conte Forum