Drew leaving UNC

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Drew leaving UNC

Postby Art Vandelay on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:40 am

Larry drew is apparently leaving UNC:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6089805
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Re: Drew leaving UNC

Postby claver2010 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:57 am

Granted everyone on UNC looked good against us Tuesday but I was impressed with their FR PG. Seemed like a good floor general and was in control leading the break.

Again I haven't watched many UNC games but as they say, "That's the way I see it".
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:13 pm

We could really use a PG. Although he would have to sit a season so meh.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:43 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:We could really use a PG. Although he would have to sit a season so meh.

2 seasons if its an in conference transfer.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:36 pm

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:We could really use a PG. Although he would have to sit a season so meh.

I thought that was considered punitive? Interesting?

Then again, he could get a waiver from UNC or whatever?
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:03 pm

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:

There's no chance UNC would sign a waiver to let him transfer here and only sit out 1 year. Drew II sucks anyway quite frankly so I wouldn't be interested anyhow. The Marshall kid can distribute, but is a dismal shooter in any game except for the one on Tuesday Night.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Larry Drew sucks? He dished 9 assists against our defense. Then again, a one armed midget could find a guy wide open on the perimeter nine times.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:51 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Larry Drew sucks? He dished 9 assists against our defense. Then again, a one armed midget could find a guy wide open on the perimeter nine times.

Not too impressed with 9 assists against our wonderful defense.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:01 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Granted everyone on UNC looked good against us Tuesday but I was impressed with their FR PG. Seemed like a good floor general and was in control leading the break.

Again I haven't watched many UNC games but as they say, "That's the way I see it".

Impressed again, 9 points 16 ast 3 turnovers
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bcmurph on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:21 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Granted everyone on UNC looked good against us Tuesday but I was impressed with their FR PG. Seemed like a good floor general and was in control leading the break.

Impressed again, 9 points 16 ast 3 turnovers

He was terrific...they were very good..."against a good defense"
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Some interesting words from Seth Davis, esp. about Drew's mom.

The team was off on Wednesday, and from what I'm told Drew had an excellent practice on Thursday. He even showed up early for the weight room session, which has not been his habit. Drew has never been a come-early, leave-late kind of guy. For a long time the feeling around him has been that he was a little spoiled having grown up the son of an ex-NBA player.

Sometime late Thursday night, Drew went back to the North Carolina locker room to pack up some belongings. By morning he was gone. He left without saying a word to the coaches or players -- including his roommate, Justin Watts, who was supposedly his best friend on the team. The fact that he left it to his father to deliver the news to Williams was the ultimate cowardly act. It does not speak well of the player, but frankly it also does not speak well of his parents.

Much has been made about the role that Larry Sr. might have had in his son's decision, but Drew's mother, Sharon, is a far greater problem. Sharon is the one who would call the coaches to complain about how many minutes her son was playing or how many shots he was getting. The news site Inside Carolina reported that in 2009 Sharon called the basketball office irate after she heard Williams spoke with John Wall, who was then a high school senior, about coming to play in Chapel Hill. Sharon was the one who would protest how many tickets she was getting to games, and where her seats were. She is the one whose meddlesome tactics led the coach at Drew's former high school to dismiss his younger brother, Landon, from the team in the spring of 2010. The coach, Derrick Taylor, told the L.A. Times, "I informed [Landon] and his mother he could no longer be on the team. He's a great kid, but the circumstances are too unbearable." The school's principal later instructed Taylor to reinstate the player, saying "Landon can't be punished for adult behavior."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/seth_davis/02/07/hoop.thoughts/index.html#ixzz1DIwuQ1O1
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Return to Conte Forum