North Carolina

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: North Carolina

Postby apbc12 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:The athleticism gap in this game is pretty staggering.

Given our season-long defensive shittiness, it's not terribly surprising that NC is getting whatever they want on offense. But what the fuck is going on with Reggie the last couple weeks? We aren't nearly good enough to compete in the ACC if he's putting up 10 a game.

They are actually playing defense on him and making other guys shoot. That said, he is still very passive.

That's what I find troubling. It's fine not to force the issue (most of the time) but if he's not aggressive it just makes things that much easier for the defense. He's been playing like this several games in a row now.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:58 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:Get some fucking heart, grow a sack, and play some goddamn defense. Defense is literally 90% effort and I see nothing. Giving up 100 points at home would be the ultimate shitshow.

Old habits die hard. Very hard.

Graduation solves a lot of problems and personality issues.

Rob's post said it all. I can't wait for this team to graduate and move on in life.

That was zero effort and I understand the lack of talent, but the effort was as Rob described.

My God! --- that was Lazy Elvis Zombiesque.

Stevie D's first recruiting class proved to me no matter what, this guy wants to win Bunnies and will go anywhere.

We need the St' John's level of talent, but Stevie D. can coach a system of hustlers and defense.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:07 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:Get some fucking heart, grow a sack, and play some goddamn defense. Defense is literally 90% effort and I see nothing. Giving up 100 points at home would be the ultimate shitshow.

Rob's post said it all. I can't wait for this team to graduate and move on in life.

That was zero effort and I understand the lack of talent, but the effort was as Rob described.

Stevie D's first recruiting class proved to me no matter what, this guy wants to win Bunnies and will go anywhere.

We need the St' John's level of talent, but Stevie D. can coach a system of hustlers and defense.

Old habits don't explain this. This shit didn't appear until 16 games into the season. I don't mind them not having sufficient talent, but right now they are struggling because they have no effort on D and are passive in this O.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:07 pm

Trapani is playing his best hustle game of his life.

Southern is a nice statue collecting pidgeon shit.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby ryrob on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:09 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:

Old habits don't explain this. This shit didn't appear until 16 games into the season. I don't mind them not having sufficient talent, but right now they are struggling because they have no effort on D and are passive in this O.

This team has the collective mental toughness of a 4 year old girl. It took 16 games to come out because they're finally facing some significant adversity, and reverting back to the chicken shit we've seen for the last 3 years.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby apbc12 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:09 pm

I look forward to someone drafting Jon Henson a round too early. The NBA would be sad if it weren't so funny.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:10 pm

I am absolutely certain that if I were 22 again, at 6'6'' 220 and in shape, I could drop 20 on this BC defense. I could probably get 10-12 at 37 at 235 of fat.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:10 pm

EZ MEAT.

Now the tarheel talent is just toying with our lack of talent and defense.

Sad..if anyone ever left the cupbaord bare it was Lazy Elvis.

How do you go one entire recruiting season and come up with no one?

That cupboard was burned to the kitchen pantry floor.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:13 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:EZ MEAT.

Jesus, get a new routine. The disappearance of Reggie Jackson and the lack of effort is hardly on the old regime. The old regime's fault was lethargic offense.

There are 3 1,000 point scorers on the floor for BC. The "cupboard was bare" excuse is lame. They don't have any depth, but they should play a lot better than this. Besides, the cupboard is largely bare because 2 guys that would have been starting transferred. The Don wanted the cupboard bare so he could free up scholarships.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:15 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:

This team has the collective mental toughness of a 4 year old girl. It took 16 games to come out because they're finally facing some significant adversity, and reverting back to the chicken shit we've seen for the last 3 years.

I knew there was a way to blame it on Al that I was missing. Thanks!
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:19 pm

The rest of the team should be embarrassed watching Trapani play with the appropriate level of effort.

Not sure what happened here, but this team is rudderless right now.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby branchinator on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:19 pm

Al subjected us to 4 years of Josh Southern. I'll never forgive him for this.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby cornellfan on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:21 pm

Ouch rough game, maybe the lousiness of the Cornell basketball team rubbed off on Donahue when he was at our game @Harvard last Saturday
cornellfan
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:21 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:Al subjected us to 4 years of Josh Southern. I'll never forgive him for this.

Like I said, agreed, but WAAYYYYY down on my list of gripes right now.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ryrob on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:

I knew there was a way to blame it on Al that I was missing. Thanks!

It has nothing to do with Al. We just have lousy, gutless players. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. Get a lead on them, get a few losses under their belt, and they fold. Jared and Craig would be, and probably are, embarrassed.
Last edited by ryrob on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:Al subjected us to 4 years of Josh Southern. I'll never forgive him for this.

Like I said, agreed, but WAAYYYYY down on my list of gripes right now.

You're right! Al shouldn't be blamed for the quality of the recent recruits. What he can be blamed for is not firing assholes like Pat Duquette and Moe Cassera, who were obviously not capable of recruiting guys with talent, heart and character. Besides that fact I liked Al. Carry on.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby branchinator on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:32 pm

We might give up 120 tonight. Ugh.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:34 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:We might give up 120 tonight. Ugh.

Nah, 95.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:36 pm

Okay, I stand corrected. Even the scrubs aren't hustling now. It could get to 120.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MattTheEagle on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:36 pm

This is pathetic UNC putting on a clinic.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:42 pm

Barnes is a very very good talent. The rest of this UNC team is meh. They are really tall, and they shot the lights out, but this is a marginal tourney team at best. Remember that BC's defense could make a CYO rec team look good.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCMcG on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:44 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Jesus, get a new routine. The disappearance of Reggie Jackson and the lack of effort is hardly on the old regime. The old regime's fault was lethargic offense.

There are 3 1,000 point scorers on the floor for BC. The "cupboard was bare" excuse is lame. They don't have any depth, but they should play a lot better than this. Besides, the cupboard is largely bare because 2 guys that would have been starting transferred. The Don wanted the cupboard bare so he could free up scholarships.

I'm intrigued to see how long this new St. John's shtick is going to last. I look forward to some in-depth analysis on why we should be aspiring to equal the success of the 11th place team in the Big East. I can understand the excitement about a program with a bunch of non-qualifying recruits and not one but two coaches known for folding in the tournament.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:49 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I'm intrigued to see how long this new St. John's shtick is going to last. I look forward to some in-depth analysis on why we should be aspiring to equal the success of the 11th place team in the Big East. I can understand the excitement about a program with a bunch of non-qualifying recruits and not one but two coaches known for folding in the tournament.

All the clowns on this board will be picking UNC as their sleepah after this too. Funny shit.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:52 pm

Anyone hear that stat? First time since 1996 that an opponent has scored 100+ points against BC in regulation. Gee, wonder what that coincides with?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCMcG on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:53 pm

We've seen some real pinpoint passing from BC tonight. Shinskie-esque really.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby ryrob on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:55 pm

Switched to the Vandy/Florida game. Interesting moment, one of the Vandy players fouled out and the Florida fans started doing the "left! right!" chant, except he waited until right as the UF player was shooting his FT to take a seat. UF guy missed the FT as the fans screamed "SIT DOWN!" Vandy kids are smart.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Anyone hear that stat? First time since 1996 that an opponent has scored 100+ points against BC in regulation. Gee, wonder what that coincides with?

Please don't blame Al.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:57 pm

The St.John's thread and recruiting analysis in our back yard and stomping grounds for the past 40 years was timely and solid.

You are a fcuking asshole and a stupid irritant cxnt like most who should bow and pay homage to my humble genius.

:laugh

When The Johnnies start making Final Fours and re-loading like the old days and BC is wondering if a kid who can graduate and qualify with the NCAA rules will make a great Senator one day instead of a brutal rebounder, give me a call.

BC will be getting scraps from the table if that trend continues, and worse if you could read, think and had an analytical bone in your hard head....look at where the Johnnies struck gold...

Right in BC's kitchen!

You are a fool. If they qualify all or mostly all or miss on one, your comments and others is like saying that recruiting class like the ones in football fro ND, Stanford, TCU, Clemson, FSU --now are not important since the aforementioned are on the comeback trail or reloading.

Most posters here are Merrymen assholes and extremely uninformed and stupid.

Don't be one of them.. You had some spectacular posts in the past.

Two dunces could make huge tourney runs in the next few years. Maybe sooner than you think. I understand the frustration here with my posts like I did 8 years ago.

TOB, SPAZOO, LAZY ELVIS, TOPOO......I was the first to call for these 4 incompetent stooges to go :74 when they became incompetent... Skinner 4 years ago and I was torched!!!... same with TOB in 2003 and the assclown Spaziani in 2004.

There is only one Fort Worth Humble Oracle. You either learn to respect and pay homage or weep when I am always right.

Humble huh? :laugh

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:03 pm

St. Johns blows. If they make a Final Four, it won't exist a year later. Give it a rest.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby joesim on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:24 pm

i was at the game and all i can say is :( :( :( :( and also is it just me or does it seem that reggie tries todo too much around the rim and cnt finish
joesim
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum