What's up with Reggie?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

What's up with Reggie?

Postby TheSuperPotato on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:19 am

The big question surrounding the Boston College men’s basketball program is: Will Reggie Jackson start tonight’s Atlantic Coast Conference game against visiting North Carolina? Coach Steve Donahue might know the answer, but he’s not telling.

“I’m still thinking about that,’’ Donahue said yesterday. “I still have a few things I have to decide.’’

Link
TheSuperPotato
n00b

Re: What's up with Reggie?

Postby TheSuperPotato on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:58 am

So what really happened to Reggie? No word at all in the video room about this.
TheSuperPotato
n00b

Postby EagleDave on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:04 am

This bullshit needs to stop. Either come out with a reason he's on the bench or put him back in the lineup. They couldn't beat NJIT without him.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:13 am

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:19 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:practice

Didn't you mean this?

I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:41 am

TRE is right, I blame b0mber. He stinks.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Dirtywater75 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:13 pm

TheSuperPotato {l Wrote}:The big question surrounding the Boston College men’s basketball program is: Will Reggie Jackson start tonight’s Atlantic Coast Conference game against visiting North Carolina? Coach Steve Donahue might know the answer, but he’s not telling.

“I’m still thinking about that,’’ Donahue said yesterday. “I still have a few things I have to decide.’’

Link

You sense he is experiencing some kind of attitude/maturity issues with Reggie. Not sure what it is - and I hope its minor - but this guy clearly is looking beyond the next game. Just hope Reggie hasn't been reading his press clippings.
Dirtywater75
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:28 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:This bullshit needs to stop. Either come out with a reason he's on the bench or put him back in the lineup. They couldn't beat NJIT without him.

Donahue doesn't need to come out with a reason to satisfy you....I'm sure Reggie knows what the issue is, and that's really all that matters. "Bullshit" my ass.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:36 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:This bullshit needs to stop. Either come out with a reason he's on the bench or put him back in the lineup. They couldn't beat NJIT without him.

Donahue doesn't need to come out with a reason to satisfy you....I'm sure Reggie knows what the issue is, and that's really all that matters. "Bullshit" my ass.

because in your mind a white guy disciplining a black guy needs no reason for his actions.

some of us, on the other hand, would be interested in understanding what's caused this current rift to gauge how long it may impact the team and its performance

This is clearly just the man trying to keep a brother down
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:37 pm

Donahue is walking a fine line here. We need this game bad, so I'd strongly advise he put Jackson back in there. Reggie's effort vs. Duke was lackluster which may not help matters any.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:39 pm

On another note, will the T above ground to BC keep running with all this snow?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I agree with OJ. Keep this shit in house. If Reggie can't handle it like a man, tough shit. But don't tell the world your dirty laundry.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:45 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I agree with OJ. Keep this shit in house. If Reggie can't handle it like a man, tough shit. But don't tell the world your dirty laundry.

Certainly nothing good will happen if the story is leaked to the media
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:45 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Then Donahaue should not have commented on it at all. By saying that he'd have to think about, he opened it up for discussion. A simple "no comment" is the best way to say "it's none of your business."
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:49 pm

IF SO.... conjecture......What happens in the locker room familia stays in the locker room!

IF SO.....Maybe this is the medicine or whatever Reggie needs to avoid being Rakim Cheesesteak Sanders.

Maybe Reggie realizes he is the man for the March Madness and how far BC goes is how well or great he performs?

Stevie D. knows.

The former guy would be finishing his lunch workout.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:49 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Donahue is walking a fine line here. We need this game bad, so I'd strongly advise he put Jackson back in there. Reggie's effort vs. Duke was lackluster which may not help matters any.

Question - are there any games down the stretch that at least one person will not say we need "bad"?

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:On another note, will the T above ground to BC keep running with all this snow?

The T, especially the Green Line, has been a fucking mess in 2011. While it will continue to run, don't expect anything less than double the time to get to where you're going.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:52 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:IF SO.... conjecture......What happens in the locker room familia stays in the locker room!

IF SO.....Maybe this is the medicine or whatever Reggie needs to avoid being Rakim Cheesesteak Sanders.

Maybe Reggie realizes he is the man for the March Madness and how far BC goes is how well or great he performs?

Stevie D. knows.

:blah :blah :blah :blah
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:52 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Then Donahaue should not have commented on it at all. By saying that he'd have to think about, he opened it up for discussion. A simple "no comment" is the best way to say "it's none of your business."

I don't know that we need to debate the semantics of his method of avoiding a question. Either way something happened, he is not going to tell us what it was and Reggie may or may not start. I am going to have faith in Donahue that he has a good reason not to start the guy who is his best player by a wide margin. I'd rather he get Reggie's head straight. And let's face it, Reggie sitting down to start the game is more of a message than anything else. He still played 32 minutes against Duke.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:55 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Donahue is walking a fine line here. We need this game bad, so I'd strongly advise he put Jackson back in there. Reggie's effort vs. Duke was lackluster which may not help matters any.

Question - are there any games down the stretch that at least one person will not say we need "bad"?

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:On another note, will the T above ground to BC keep running with all this snow?

The T, especially the Green Line, has been a fucking mess in 2011. While it will continue to run, don't expect anything less than double the time to get to where you're going.

Depending on how we do between now and then it's possible no one will say that about the Wake game.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:07 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:IF SO.... conjecture......What happens in the locker room familia stays in the locker room!

IF SO.....Maybe this is the medicine or whatever Reggie needs to avoid being Rakim "Cheesesburger Sub and Twinkies" Sanders.

Stevie D. knows.

Fixed
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:13 pm

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Depending on how we do between now and then it's possible no one will say that about the Wake game.

Of course that could just be another bad loss on the docket, so we would need it "bad" to avoid that on the resume!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:19 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Of course that could just be another bad loss on the docket, so we would need it "bad" to avoid that on the resume!

I was thinking if we don't pick up some wins over the next few games we won't need it because even with it we won't be getting in.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:42 pm

Yes, but slowly.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:13 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Yes, but slowly.

Allow an hour from Copley?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMcG on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:16 pm

On the B line? I'd allow an hour from Copley on a day with blue skies and sun.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:28 pm

Reggie...best player at BC...not playin very well...maybe needs some rest..maybe not working too hard in practice...controversy is dragging down our team

ooooooo-weeee, what's up with Reggie, what's up with reggie
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:35 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:are you suggesting that lindsey buckingham may have some insight?

He might, but unfortunately we're out of time. I hope he understands.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:21 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:are you suggesting that lindsey buckingham may have some insight?

i think you've got yourself a new creepy photoshop signature idea, civil

Don't you remember? I'm a lawyer! I don't have time to goof off on photoshop all day.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:23 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

i think you've got yourself a new creepy photoshop signature idea, civil

Don't you remember? I'm a lawyer! I don't have time to goof off on photoshop all day.

Someone broke the Don's neck. Jeebus that looks like it hurts.

at least you figured out how to avoid the ovals by free clipping.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCMcG on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:26 pm

This guy would go nicely with carrot and peas.

BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Return to Conte Forum