Storming the court...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Storming the court...

Postby BCMurt09 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:04 pm

Does anyone else here think there's a chance that the Nerds will storm the court if we beat UNC on Tuesday? I just had terrible visions in my mind of that happening.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Re: Storming the court...

Postby Brablc on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:21 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:one or both of them?

this is going to be another ghost game... its a weeknight

As long as as we win, don't really care. But they are not offering UNC tickets available for purchase so that could be a good sign.
Brablc
McGuinn Hall

Postby joemack13 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:11 pm

remember when we were undefeated in february and stormed the court after beating a lower-ranked syracuse? classic
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:31 pm

It's probably a sellout but the snowstorm will scare some people away. Since it's UNC we'll still probably get a decent crowd.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:05 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:Does anyone else here think there's a chance that the Nerds will storm the court if we beat UNC on Tuesday? I just had terrible visions in my mind of that happening.

We beat UNC last year and no one stormed...

I think the nerds will show up (since it's UNC and they don't realize that UNC's been terrible the past couple of years), but we'll see about the whalepants, 9 PM game, snow, etc.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:13 am

Too bad Rakim Sanders is not here then we could re-name it storming the food court.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:01 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:Does anyone else here think there's a chance that the Nerds will storm the court if we beat UNC on Tuesday? I just had terrible visions in my mind of that happening.

We beat UNC last year and no one stormed...

I think the nerds will show up (since it's UNC and they don't realize that UNC's been terrible the past couple of years), but we'll see about the whalepants, 9 PM game, snow, etc.

This is just factually incorrect. Just two years ago UNC was the national champion. And if "the past couple of years" means last year, they still were far from "terrible" I mean they were not good compared to an average UNC season but they were still a solid team that deserved to be towards the upper-end of the ACC. Taking 2nd at the NIT might not be great for UNC but is certainly not a characteristic of a "terrible team." So in the last two years we have a national champion and NIT runner-up...that's not a "terrible" team. This year they are solid as well, I have them at the top third of the ACC and an NCAA tournament team. Beating UNC would be a good win.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:19 pm

Peas will storm, Carrots will not
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby MOTO on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:21 pm

The way I see it, storming the court would show some enthusiasm from the student body at Boston College that is often lacking. In that respect it would be nice to see some energy and would signal the type of win we haven't had at Boston College in too long. On the other hand, it has the tendency to demonstrate the program's lack of big wins in the basketball program. You certainly wouldn't see that type of celebration when a North Carolina beats Boston College in Chapel Hill. So to that end, it could be perceived as embarassing. On balance, it is probably a good thing and a bad thing.

That's the way I see it.
MOTO
n00b

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:23 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Peas will storm, Carrots will not

it's carrot, singular, peas and carrot...
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:36 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Peas will storm, Carrots will not

They're our best fans!
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:49 pm

I'm going tomorrow and if they storm the court I will too because THEY HAVE FIVE STAR RECRUITS!! TALENT!! SPEED!! ARM STRENGTH!!
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby joesim on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:17 pm

yea im going to and if we win ill proba bly storm
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:16 pm

MOTO {l Wrote}:The way I see it, storming the court would show some enthusiasm from the student body at Boston College that is often lacking. In that respect it would be nice to see some energy and would signal the type of win we haven't had at Boston College in too long. On the other hand, it has the tendency to demonstrate the program's lack of big wins in the basketball program. You certainly wouldn't see that type of celebration when a North Carolina beats Boston College in Chapel Hill. So to that end, it could be perceived as embarassing. On balance, it is probably a good thing and a bad thing.

That's the way I see it.

Duke 2009. Though I generally do agree with you. We don't get storm-the-court type wins at BC. Usually we get close, but can't close. The number of times we were within five points or less of beating Duke and UNC in my four years is too painful to recall. I guess my point is that the student body overall probably doesn't realize that UNC is in a down year. All that said, Conte will probably be packed, hell I'll even be there, which will be good for the team.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:40 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
MOTO {l Wrote}:The way I see it, storming the court would show some enthusiasm from the student body at Boston College that is often lacking. In that respect it would be nice to see some energy and would signal the type of win we haven't had at Boston College in too long. On the other hand, it has the tendency to demonstrate the program's lack of big wins in the basketball program. You certainly wouldn't see that type of celebration when a North Carolina beats Boston College in Chapel Hill. So to that end, it could be perceived as embarassing. On balance, it is probably a good thing and a bad thing.

That's the way I see it.

Duke 2009. Though I generally do agree with you. We don't get storm-the-court type wins at BC. Usually we get close, but can't close. The number of times we were within five points or less of beating Duke and UNC in my four years is too painful to recall. I guess my point is that the student body overall probably doesn't realize that UNC is in a down year. All that said, Conte will probably be packed, hell I'll even be there, which will be good for the team.

Duke 09 and Carolina 09 was a storm the court caliber win but away.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:03 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

That's the way I see it.

I turned down free DBS tickets. There, I said it.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:11 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

That's the way I see it.

It's a shame tomorrow's forecast does not call for FAIR WEATHER.*

*i RESPECK you

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:22 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

That's the way I see it.

We're going but I don't blame you. The students have no excuse
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:24 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

That's the way I see it.

It's a shame tomorrow's forecast does not call for FAIR WEATHER.*

*i RESPECK you

haha, FWIW I made sure they are being used.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Return to Conte Forum