Query...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Query...

Postby BC923 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:54 am

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
missoulaEagle {l Wrote}:Is Humphrey a projected starter next year?

Someone will have to step into Paris's spot next year, and Humphrey is likely to start ahead of Lonnie Jackson because of his greater experience (including practice with the team this year).

I would expect:
Moton or if we sign a better PG between now and next season, Reggie, Humphrey, Anderson, Caudill

I think Caudill starts over Clifford because he has the size to compete right away.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby joemack13 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:17 pm

I'm expecting Jackson, Humphrey, and Andersen to be starters.. not as sure who the last 2 in would be - elmore? moton? caudill? clifford?
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby BCMcG on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:51 pm

You're forgetting a guy who's starting now.

Jackson
Humphrey
Rubin
Anderson
?????
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:24 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:You're forgetting a guy who's starting now.

Jackson
Humphrey
Rubin
Anderson
?????

i don't expect rubin to start next year. He'll come off the bench. Those question marks are clifford or caudill, i'd think caudill just because he's bigger now, but if clifford is a better player then who knows.

What would be interesting would be a lineup of Jackson, Humphrey, Anderson, Clifford, and Caudill. That would be the first time in a while that a BC lineup could be taller than most teams that they go up against, but I don't know if clifford can spread the floor enough to make that a reality. Anderson from the looks of it could easily play the 3 in college.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby joemack13 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:57 pm

I completely forgot about Rubin, I could see him starting next year if he continues to get better - haven't seen much from him the past few games. If he continues to be more of a role-player with his 3 ball then he's probably coming off the bench.
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby Brablc on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:16 pm

joemack13 {l Wrote}:I completely forgot about Rubin, I could see him starting next year if he continues to get better - haven't seen much from him the past few games. If he continues to be more of a role-player with his 3 ball then he's probably coming off the bench.

If Rubin learns a consistent shot fake move he'll be valuable next year. Right now opposing teams know he'll only shoot an open three so they close out on him hard and never have to pay for it with an easy drive or pull up jumper.

I think the it's going to be:

Jackson
Humphrey
Rubin
Anderson
Caudill

Moton
Elmore
Clifford
L. Jackson
E. Odio

The fact is the Don subs alot so the Starting 5 won't matter as much as who makes the rotation. I think that they'll go mostly 4 deep on the bench with Odio playing Cahill type minutes.
Brablc
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:40 pm

The above lineup is really going to struggle. It'd be really nice if Elmore improved a lot this off-season and could step into the SF spot because he has the athletic ability and defense to be a really good player.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:04 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:The above lineup is really going to struggle. It'd be really nice if Elmore improved a lot this off-season and could step into the SF spot because he has the athletic ability and defense to be a really good player.

It's true, right now he is an athlete playing basketball. He could be a very good player with more practice. Coming in to this season it was expected that this year would be mediocre to decent but the next year would be worse, and i think that is likely, unless our freshman can really contribute.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:54 pm

Jackson, Humphrey, Anderson, Clifford and Caudill, with Rubin, Moton and Elmore off the bench and Jackson getting minutes.

I think that the Don will compensate for the PG issue by playing two athletic scorers at guard and going big. Anderson, though tall, appears to be able to run the 3.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Jackson, Humphrey, Anderson, Clifford and Caudill, with Rubin, Moton and Elmore off the bench and Jackson getting minutes.

I think that the Don will compensate for the PG issue by playing two athletic scorers at guard and going big. Anderson, though tall, appears to be able to run the 3.

This would be a good lineup, and, at least on paper, look like a better defensive team. We would finally be able to at least match up and possibly overpower the opposing teams size wise. I think Lonnie Jackson will get a lot of time though, we could really use him this year. I think we'll see a lot of flashes next year, but i don't think we will be able to put together a consistent team with that young of a group.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby missoulaEagle on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:47 pm

I'm not convinced Rubin will start. This year's team needs his outside threat to space the floor. No reason why Humphrey or L. Jackson (or both) can't play that role. What about:

R. Jackson
L. Jackson
Humphrey
Anderson
Caudill / Clifford
missoulaEagle
n00b

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:59 pm

missoulaEagle {l Wrote}:I'm not convinced Rubin will start. This year's team needs his outside threat to space the floor. No reason why Humphrey or L. Jackson (or both) can't play that role. What about:

R. Jackson
L. Jackson
Humphrey
Anderson
Caudill / Clifford

I agree, but I think Rubin started this year because we needed the energy off the bench in Raji.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:27 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
missoulaEagle {l Wrote}:I'm not convinced Rubin will start. This year's team needs his outside threat to space the floor. No reason why Humphrey or L. Jackson (or both) can't play that role. What about:

R. Jackson
L. Jackson
Humphrey
Anderson
Caudill / Clifford

I agree, but I think Rubin started this year because we needed the energy off the bench in Raji.

I think this lineup makes the most sense, because it leaves a big man to rotate off the bench; Anderson, Caudill, and Clifford are all we have for height next year. Elmore might start ahead of L. Jackson if he can pick up his offense, but Rubin will probably be in reserve. The choice at center is Caudill's bulk vs. Clifford's mobility, but both will play significant minutes. Reggie is a given, Humphrey has experience, and Anderson appears highly adaptable; what happens next season may largely depend on what happens at the other two positions.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:31 pm

Is this year done yet???? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby MOTO on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:01 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Is this year done yet???? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

it hasn't even started. you just have to GET SEEDED AND THEN WIN 6

The way I see it, this is exactly right. The Boston College Eagles still have an opportunity to win out, and to win the NCAA tournament. I would prefer us to win every game, heck, we probably all would, but that may not have been realistic. But as long as we have games left on the schedule, we have opportunities to win and if we can outscore out opponent, make shots and play defense, we can win.

As far as next year's guard position is concerned, as is always the case in college athletics, there will be an opportunity for young players to step up and play better. If our young guards can do this, we will be better, and if they can't we may have a long season.

That's the way I see it.
MOTO
n00b

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:14 pm

MOTO {l Wrote}:

The way I see it, this is exactly right. The Boston College Eagles still have an opportunity to win out, and to win the NCAA tournament. I would prefer us to win every game, heck, we probably all would, but that may not have been realistic. But as long as we have games left on the schedule, we have opportunities to win and if we can outscore out opponent, make shots and play defense, we can win.

As far as next year's guard position is concerned, as is always the case in college athletics, there will be an opportunity for young players to step up and play better. If our young guards can do this, we will be better, and if they can't we may have a long season.

That's the way I see it.

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:20 pm

MOTO {l Wrote}:

That's the way I see it.

This act has grown tiresome.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCMcG on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:09 pm

To return to the initial query, BC is in dire need of an ACC-caliber point guard in this recruiting class. Unfortunately, the best options have elected to go elsewhere. The best options at this point are:

(1) find a late bloomer (which could result in Tyrese Rice but could result in Gabe Moton - nothing against Gabe but we need someone to step in immediately)
(2) pillage another program's recruiting class when coaching changes happen after the season.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:50 pm

YOU ARE OUT OF ORDER!! Judge Rehnquist!!!

If Reggie leaves, he plays in Europe or the CBA or Israel --- and that ain't pretty. He needs a solid year to polish his not NBA level ballhandling skills and shooting for a NBA bench and role player if he can knock down 3's and be a hustle guy like Jared.

Reggie is a major NBA project and real longshot.

One thing for sure, Stevie D. with a FMJ---- Full Metal Jacket of scholarships-----, will have no excuses for building a title and Final Four contender for the 2013-2014 season.... he has 2 more years..

I would love to see him develop a relationship with Hurley at St. Anthony's or a Texas connection here in Arlington, TX for this new private school getting NBA high school level lottery talent.

Look at all the solid sophomore talent on FSU and Duke... Lazy Elvis barcoloungered a freaking BC recruiting DONUT???

Asshole!

No. Last Name Name eligibility Class Position Height Ht. Wt. High School Hometown
**************************************************************************************************
12 LEAVERS IN 2 SEASONS....
**************************************************************************************************
-10 jackson reggie Reggie Jackson 5 JR Guard 75 6-3 208 Palmer Colorado Springs, CO
4 moton gabriel Gabriel Moton 1 FR Guard 74 6-2 170 St. Petersburg St. Petersburg, FL
15 humphrey matt Matt Humphrey 5 JR Guard 77 6-5 185 Hales Franciscan Chicago, IL
25 rehnquist peter Peter Rehnquist 5 JR Guard/Forward 76 6-4 210 Deerfield Academy Sharon, MA
30 elmore dallas Dallas Elmore 5 JR Guard 77 6-5 210 Poudre Fort Collins, CO
31 rubin danny Danny Rubin 1 FR Guard 78 6-6 170 Landon School Chevy Chase, MD
8 LEAVERS

52 southern josh Josh Southern 7 SR Center 82 6-10 263 Saginaw Saginaw, MI
55 dunn cortney Cortney Dunn 7 SR Forward 80 6-8 238 Lake Highlands Dallas, TX
5 paris biko Biko Paris 7 SR Guard 73 6-1 194 Cypress Christian (TX) New Orleans, LA
11 raji corey Corey Raji 7 SR Forward 78 6-6 218 Westwood Washington Twnshp, NJ
12 trapani joe Joe Trapani 7 SR Forward 80 6-8 232 Daniel Hand Madison, CT
14 mosakowski nick Nick Mosakowski 7 SR Guard 73 6-1 187 Pingree School Swampscott, MA
20 cahill john John Cahill 7 SR Guard 73 6-1 170 Christian Brothers Acad. Albany, NY
24 kowalski chris Chris Kowalski 7 SR Forward 78 6-6 240 Roxbury Latin Dorchester, Mass.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum