Virginia Game

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Virginia Game

Postby doteagle on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:40 pm

Just love beating VA

...Every game this year BC is the underdog- 5 walk-ons.

Go see these eagle games. The coach is great and these kids are rockin' the ACC.
doteagle
n00b

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:17 am

doteagle {l Wrote}:Just love beating VA

Go see these eagle games. The coach is great and these kids are rockin' the ACC.

I was at the game tonight. It's great to watch. There just seems to be so much more ENERGY from the coach, players, even the fans (the ones there). I"m really excited about all this.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:58 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:UGH for the love of god...

Someone grab a fucking rebound...

EDIT: Whoever decided that basketball teams need 27 timeouts per game should be murdered. Donahue and Bennett are on pace to call a timeout every 15 seconds for the final 2 minutes.

I know it will take some getting used to but calling a timeout to setup a play with a minute left in a tight game is a widely accepted practice.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCDF22 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:35 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

I was at the game tonight. It's great to watch. There just seems to be so much more ENERGY from the coach, players, even the fans (the ones there). I"m really excited about all this.

There's no question about the increase in energy from the coach and the players. Just a 180 from last year. Think of how fun it would be if the arena was actually more than 50% full. This team is 4-1 and in first place and the crowds are just pathetic. I can't think of a single excuse for people with tickets not to be coming to these games. its mind boggling.
BCDF22
Carney Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:49 am

BCDF22 {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

There's no question about the increase in energy from the coach and the players. Just a 180 from last year. Think of how fun it would be if the arena was actually more than 50% full. This team is 4-1 and in first place and the crowds are just pathetic. I can't think of a single excuse for people with tickets not to be coming to these games. its mind boggling.

I was at the game and attendance was terrible. They reported attendance of 4,628 but that seems inflated to me based on what I saw. At tip off I would say it was 1500 at best. It filled in some as the game went on, but not close to what you'd expect for a conference game. It's too bad because this is a fun team to watch. Often frustrating but still fun to watch. What else do the students have going on Wednesday night at 7:00? I am pretty sure exams haven't started just yet right?
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby screagle on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:54 am

i was at the game and was baffled by UVA intentionally fouling reggie with 10 on the shot clock and 15 seconds on the game clock, down by two.
screagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCDF22 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:02 am

screagle {l Wrote}:i was at the game and was baffled by UVA intentionally fouling reggie with 10 on the shot clock and 15 seconds on the game clock, down by two.

That was a very strange sequence. They either should have fouled with 25 secs left or just held on and tried to get the stop. Made no sense to play D for about 15 seconds only to foul that late. That was very poor.
BCDF22
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:13 am

BCDF22 {l Wrote}:
screagle {l Wrote}:i was at the game and was baffled by UVA intentionally fouling reggie with 10 on the shot clock and 15 seconds on the game clock, down by two.

That was a very strange sequence. They either should have fouled with 25 secs left or just held on and tried to get the stop. Made no sense to play D for about 15 seconds only to foul that late. That was very poor.

Agreed just made little sense, there was about 5 seconds of separation between the shotclock and the game clock. Just a bizarre sequence. It was great to see them nail clutch FTs (10-10 I think down the stretch).

FSU should be a good measuring stick and if they can sneak a win to go 5-1 in ACC they'll be in great shape.

Late arriving crowd per usual. I bought a couple of tickets for the Maryland & VTech games -the 2 for $20 deal, both on Saturdays at 1 so should be very good crowds.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby joemack13 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:38 am

Observations:

This is the worst three point shooting game i've seen for BC this season. Thank god Trapani scored strong on the inside... I did not see one "scoop shot" from him which made me really happy. He finally looked like he knew what was doing and did great - going strong to the basket, no ridiculous forces with his underhand flop shot. Trapani continuing to play like this could take us very far.

Someone mentioned it but i'll also point it out - Rubin seems to do little to nothing on offense the past few games. It seems to me he's not getting as many open looks, maybe teams are respecting him more, or BC's 3-ball in general. The good thing is Rubin's game in general seems to be progressing. He had a nice block yesterday, between him and Cahill I'm beginning to wonder if the walk-ons are playing better defense than the starters.

Defense is getting better - I thought there were periods in the game when we played great defense, toward the end of the first half and down the stretch. For the most part though, they are giving up too many easy baskets. They need to find a way to keep the defensive intensity up for the whole game (or at least most of it...).

If Trapani has more games like this, if we hit our 3's, and if we can step up the D I think we can beat anyone. Unfortunately that's a lot of pieces that have to fall into place every night.
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:39 am

Good win, although these next two games are going to be absolute beat downs.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum