Congratulations 81

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Congratulations 81

Postby 1981Eagle on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:43 pm

campion {l Wrote}:You have managed to make the board be about your attendance at BC games... at least for today. All to "liven the place up." Anyone who thinks that you REALLY haven't been to a game in 17 years is a fool. You have "dug your heels in" on this isue in order to make the board interesting and bust some balls. I figured you would stop it by now, but you haven't. These guys are really riled up about it right now-- you'd better put them out of their misery, man.

I can tell that you enjoyed this.

Now, this is a smart man. I didn't use Mattaman, Okee, SCCocks, Clemaniac or Gopac. I have flown in for several games, at least one a year. Last year, ND. Calm down. Campion does have my number. This was my best gag. Ok. attack away with the outrage.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby barstoolbcfan on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:45 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:You have managed to make the board be about your attendance at BC games... at least for today. All to "liven the place up." Anyone who thinks that you REALLY haven't been to a game in 17 years is a fool. You have "dug your heels in" on this isue in order to make the board interesting and bust some balls. I figured you would stop it by now, but you haven't. These guys are really riled up about it right now-- you'd better put them out of their misery, man.

Now, this is a smart man. I didn't use Mattaman, Okee, SCCocks, Clemaniac or Gopac. I have flown in for several games, at least one a year. Last year, ND. Calm down. Campion does have my number. This was my best gag. Ok. attack away with the outrage.

in all honesty, this guy is a the fuckin definition of foe. he brings squat to the table.
HOW COOL IS THIS!?!!!
barstoolbcfan
n00b

Postby 1981Eagle on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:51 pm

barstoolbcfan {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

in all honesty, this guy is a the fuckin definition of foe. he brings squat to the table.

After 40 years, It's highly likely that I know more about BC football than you unless you are a Campion alias.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:00 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
barstoolbcfan {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

After 40 years, It's highly likely that I know more about BC football than you unless you are a Campion alias.

This reminds me of the VT game when Matty threw the TD to Callender. "The board goes silent". I am still amazed how many/most/some/few( for Talon) can pull gags all the time on me but if I get you to bite then it's all outrage. There were a lot of nibbles and biters on this one. Just be good sports about it. I mean seventeen years with how much of a fanatical fan I am. I honestly can't believe anyone fell for that one. :popcorn :popcorn
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:02 pm

Why do you do it 81? It's not funny.

And the excuse can't even be it's not football season. We've got our biggest game of the year in under 48 hours. We've got stuff to talk about.

If you get kicks out of convincing everyone that you're not a BC fan, then you're just cooler than I'll ever be.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby talon on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:04 pm

It's not outrage. I don't feel like a victim. I feel sorry for you.

You make up a story about being a loser and people believe it. You're proud of that? You're proud that you being a loser is so believable?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:05 pm

Well said talon. It speaks volumes that you can degrade yourself to depths nobody else would on this board any people believe it.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:09 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Why do you do it 81? It's not funny.

And the excuse can't even be it's not football season. We've got our biggest game of the year in under 48 hours. We've got stuff to talk about.

If you get kicks out of convincing everyone that you're not a BC fan, then you're just cooler than I'll ever be.

Oh CAG, let's not get all serious now. I get razzed constantly by everyone and complain less about it than most. Why do I do it? Everyone gives evryone else crap on this board. Didn't you see Campion sucker me in earlier in the day? That's why it's the Nexus. WE are all serious fans but there is a lot of ball busting. I will never reach the ball busting heights of Talon, Campion and TRE. Tomorrow, it's back to business. You're right this is an important game. Win this one and I will be looking for VT tickets and flights. BTW, I did drive to the freakin Tucson game. My brother lives 3 minutes from the U of A stadium and I did go to Provo for BYU, but not Colorado St. or Boise.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:11 pm

It's not ball busting. How is you degrading your life busting my balls?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:15 pm

81's post don't get me riled up. They don't offend me, or entertain me, or elicit any real response. They're just fucking awful and I don't even bother reading them at this point. He offers nothing on any level- nothing interesting, or amusing, or funny, or offensive, or noteworthy. Even the crappy fake troll posters brought something to the table. Even 81's meltdown on the Zander board was a coma-inducing snoozefest. I said it before and I'll say it again- he's terrible at EVERYTHING.

I wasn't sure if this board could get any better, but it did- when I made 81 my first foe and removed all of his pointless posts.

I am sure 81Eagle will try to make a snarky response to this post, but fail miserably and just bore the shit out of everyone who reads his retort. I won't be one of those people, and thank the good lord.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:22 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:It's not ball busting. How is you degrading your life busting my balls?

I haven't degraded my life. My life is just fine. Lots of folks got a bit exercised because I answered someone's question about the last time I went to a game and I answered 17 years knowing I would take some hits but sheesh, it was pure outrage. Then, it just kind of egged onward. I really didn't think it would steam roll. Usually, my gags are discovered in 10 posts or less. I knew Campion wasn't biting but wasn't sure what his move would be. Either Talon, Campion or TRE usually out me and b0mber sometimes when I'm not on foe. I didn't see anyone get outraged when Campion was stealing all my personal info, this morning. I didn't get angry. I told him congrats on the gag. Lots of people were involved in that gag. They know we have an important game Sat. Yet, my gag is a distraction but Campion's wasn't. It's not fair. I'm crying now because you guys aren't fair.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:24 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:It's not ball busting. How is you degrading your life busting my balls?

I haven't degraded my life. My life is just fine. Lots of folks got a bit exercised because I answered someone's question about the last time I went to a game and I answered 17 years knowing I would take some hits but sheesh, it was pure outrage. Then, it just kind of egged onward. I really didn't think it would steam roll. Usually, my gags are discovered in 10 posts or less. I knew Campion wasn't biting but wasn't sure what his move would be. Either Talon, Campion or TRE usually out me and b0mber sometimes when I'm not on foe. I didn't see anyone get outraged when Campion was stealing all my personal info, this morning. I didn't get angry. I told him congrats on the gag. Lots of people were involved in that gag. They know we have an important game Sat. Yet, my gag is a distraction but Campion's wasn't. It's not fair. I'm crying now because you guys aren't fair.

But I still don't understand the point? Was it to entertain yourself or degrade yourself or both at the same time?

I don't think you understand the point of a gag. Other people are supposed to be entertained, not angered.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby talon on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:32 pm

81 -

I think we can all agree that any fan of any team who refuses to attend a game for 15+ years is lame.You claimed (as a gag) to be lame. NOBODY QUESTIONED IT. Everybody here thought, without hesitation, that you actually are lame enough to not go to a game in seventeen years. why are you proud of that?

If all my friends were going to a happy hour after work, and I decided to run in, all frantic-looking and tell them that I just raped an entire nursery school full of kids, and I need as much cash as possible so I could flee the country, and they all went to an ATM machine* to give me cash, would I really walk out of the bar thinking I really tricked them? Or would I ask myself why everyone believed me that I raped a bunch of babies?

You think you're so clever, when all it did was prove that everyone on this board already thinks you suck enough to believe that you suck.

* yes, I realize "ATM machine" is redundant, but with Philly on this board, I have to make it perfectly clear that it's not another kind of ATM.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:34 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

But I still don't understand the point? Was it to entertain yourself or degrade yourself or both at the same time?

I don't think you understand the point of a gag. Other people are supposed to be entertained, not angered.

I really can't believe that ANYONE could possibly believe it. I mean come on. This was the most obvious fuxing spoof. Campion, for one was quite amused, and I'm sure there were others.
Yes, I thought it was amusing because I'm usually on the other side of these gags like this morning. I did not enjoy this morning but many others did. That's fine by me. I have no problem even making a little fun of myself.
I really expected most folks to say BS like Campion finally did. I am really shocked. Besides, many/most/few/some like to have a good reason to hammer 81. It releases the pent-up tension. This will pass.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:40 pm

talon {l Wrote}:81 -

I think we can all agree that any fan of any team who refuses to attend a game for 15+ years is lame.You claimed (as a gag) to be lame. NOBODY QUESTIONED IT. Everybody here thought, without hesitation, that you actually are lame enough to not go to a game in seventeen years. why are you proud of that?

If all my friends were going to a happy hour after work, and I decided to run in, all frantic-looking and tell them that I just raped an entire nursery school full of kids, and I need as much cash as possible so I could flee the country, and they all went to an ATM machine* to give me cash, would I really walk out of the bar thinking I really tricked them? Or would I ask myself why everyone believed me that I raped a bunch of babies?

You think you're so clever, when all it did was prove that everyone on this board already thinks you suck enough to believe that you suck.

* yes, I realize "ATM machine" is redundant, but with Philly on this board, I have to make it perfectly clear that it's not another kind of ATM.

Talon, you have got to be a lawyer. You over think and analyze every word, utterance and action. It was a gag. Period. I'm not clever. I think you were the one that asked me the question and I just answered it fully expecting that Talon would never go for it--I mean that in all seriousness. Seventeen years. I figured you would call BS on the spot. Come on man, lighten up. It was a gag. I'm sorry that some got so riled up. Geezus. Let's talk about the game now. :whiteflag
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:54 pm

81, do you not see the difference in everybody's gags and yours? Everybody elses gags makes fun of someone else. People either think they are amusing or not. Your statements were not gags. They caused no emotion. You weren't making fun of anyone. Everybody thought you were serious because it was and still is entirely conceivable that you are what you are (TM SPAZ)

Or is your saying this whole thing was a lie and this is the gag, because this would be about as funny as your first wave of remarks.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:81, do you not see the difference in everybody's gags and yours? Everybody elses gags makes fun of someone else. People either think they are amusing or not. Your statements were not gags. They caused no emotion. You weren't making fun of anyone. Everybody thought you were serious because it was and still is entirely conceivable that you are what you are (TM SPAZ)

Or is your saying this whole thing was a lie and this is the gag, because this would be about as funny as your first wave of remarks.

I may not make great jokes or be funny like you all, but everyone on this board, friend or foe, knows I am a fanatical fan of BC and have been for 4 decades.
So, I may be lame and not funny and comfortable enough to make a little fun of myself but I don't think anyone has ever questioned my love of all things BC and BC sports and especially BC football.
Knowing that, despite the lameness of 81's posts and unfunny comments etc., the one fact that I am a fanatical fan OBVIOUSLY means that I would never go SEVENTEEN years without going to a game.
Really, honest question, is there anyone on this board that thinks in all seriousness that I am not a fanatical BC fan. Put your personal feelings about me aside for a moment and answer honestly. If you don't think I am a huge fan, then please tell me why you think that--again putting the lame posts, gags and any personal feelings you have aside. Thank you.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:06 am

Your diatribe still doesn't explain why you take people away from discussion about the game and then try to push them back to the discussion once you confirm the fact that they still all hate you.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby talon on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:07 am

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:the one fact that I am a fanatical fan OBVIOUSLY means that I would never go SEVENTEEN years without going to a game.

but it wasn't OBVIOUS to many. That says more about you than it does about us.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:13 am

talon {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:the one fact that I am a fanatical fan OBVIOUSLY means that I would never go SEVENTEEN years without going to a game.

but it wasn't OBVIOUS to many. That says more about you than it does about us.

Really, I want your feedback. I live on the West Coast. I can't make it to many games. But, I come back at least once a year and catch an away game if it's close and I can. I have NESN and watch every BC game I can. I comment on this board often enough about the games that you know I'm watching them. I know a lot of the history of BC sports. So really, why is it not obvious that I am a fanatical fan? Serious question. Is it that lame posts= not serious fan=possible he hasn't attended in 17 years. I don't see how the first two of that equation equate to get to the third equality but help me out. Not a flame.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:16 am

You piss everybody off on the board, they basically give you a big eff you your still the pain in the ass you've always been, then you want everybody to remind you how good you are.

You may be a BC fan, but you will never be a BC Guy.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:20 am

some people really took this personally.

1981Eagle doesn't bring much to the table, and "bigg'ums" is one of the worst terms born on the nexus, but this stunt is just the latest in a long list of :tre . Lighten up, Francis. At least you weren't duped into voting which asianed ladyboy you would like to poke.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:21 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:You piss everybody off on the board, they basically give you a big eff you your still the pain in the ass you've always been, then you want everybody to remind you how good you are.

You may be a BC fan, but you will never be a BC Guy.

Well, that makes me sad. It truly does. I will leave you all be now. Good luck and go Eagles. Too bad. I just don't have any bad feelings toward anyone on this board. To me, it was all in good fun.
Best to all of you.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby buconvict on Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:39 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:81's post don't get me riled up. They don't offend me, or entertain me, or elicit any real response. They're just fucking awful and I don't even bother reading them at this point. He offers nothing on any level- nothing interesting, or amusing, or funny, or offensive, or noteworthy. Even the crappy fake troll posters brought something to the table. Even 81's meltdown on the Zander board was a coma-inducing snoozefest. I said it before and I'll say it again- he's terrible at EVERYTHING.

I wasn't sure if this board could get any better, but it did- when I made 81 my first foe and removed all of his pointless posts.

I am sure 81Eagle will try to make a snarky response to this post, but fail miserably and just bore the shit out of everyone who reads his retort. I won't be one of those people, and thank the good lord.

Exalt.

81 sucks ass. Please stop posting (specifically about me. It's creepy.)

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:22 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:some people really took this personally.

1981Eagle doesn't bring much to the table, and "bigg'ums" is one of the worst terms born on the nexus, but this stunt is just the latest in a long list of :tre . Lighten up, Francis. At least you weren't duped into voting which asianed ladyboy you would like to poke.

agree 100%.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:22 am

campion {l Wrote}:I did find it rather funny that some guys got all righteously indignant that 81 said that he hasn't been to a game since 1992. Who cares? Most alumni don't go to games. I bet there are other posters or at least regular lurkers who haven't been to a game in years and years. Who cares? Just like guys who get incensed at whalepants not standing up or not coming into the stadium until the second quarter or kids in silly yellow undershirts. Who cares? Come in late, stay home, wear yellow, don't wear yellow, stand up, sit down, make noise, tell people to STFU, do whatever you want. It makes no difference to me.

I only care when these same people turn around and make comments about how awful attendance is, insinuating that myself and everyone else who lives relatively close to BC aren't supporting the team. That's annoying.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:45 am

I'm kind of annoyed that every time I open a thread it says 10-20 times:

This post was made by 1981Eagle who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:04 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I'm kind of annoyed that every time I open a thread it says 10-20 times:

This post was made by 1981Eagle who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Doesn't annoy me, I'd rather read that than his drivel.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:05 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I'm kind of annoyed that every time I open a thread it says 10-20 times:

Doesn't annoy me, I'd rather read that than his drivel.

neither is particularly pleasant
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:42 am

campion {l Wrote}:Some gags work, some don't. I created several "Hales" that really bit the bag. So what? Two days ago Talon pulled a really stupid gag in which the African Americans on the football team suddenly had gold lips, all in an attempt to get everyone to believe that BC was going to wear all gold uniforms this week. Was it a good gag? No. Did it fool a few people? Sure. But it takes 3 or 7 bad gags to get a good one sometime. That's the way it goes.

I did find it rather funny that some guys got all righteously indignant that 81 said that he hasn't been to a game since 1992. Who cares? Most alumni don't go to games. I bet there are other posters or at least regular lurkers who haven't been to a game in years and years. Who cares? Just like guys who get incensed at whalepants not standing up or not coming into the stadium until the second quarter or kids in silly yellow undershirts. Who cares? Come in late, stay home, wear yellow, don't wear yellow, stand up, sit down, make noise, tell people to STFU, do whatever you want. It makes no difference to me.

Am I always in my seat at kickoff? Yeah. But that's because I enjoy the game. I like the anticipation and tension that builds 10 minutes before the game. I also really like to hear "Sweep Down the Field!" But many of the people who have sat around us for 10 or 20 years would rather talk and eat outside and then make their way in. As long as they are having fun, and not telline me how to have fun, who cares?

The Nazis would have loved the "color and pageantry" and the desire for lock step behavior that IS big time college football. In 82 when I first went to Clemson they had CHEERING PRACTICE 30 minutes before the game. Over 1/2 of the stadium was filled with people PRACTICING cheers. I think that it would be cool if everyone totally ignored ESPN tomorrow and left them alone on the dustbowl. Why? Because it would be different. But that's just me. If people want to go up there and wave in front of a TV camera for 2 hours, who cares? Or if they don't, who cares?

There are many more BC alumni who care about BC football and who haven't been to a game in 15 years than there are people who do go to games. That's just a fact. Who cares? Pour me a large whiskey, give me some turkey and pomeray mustard on a fresh roll, and pray that it doesn't rain. Everyone doesn;'t have to like turkey and whiskey.

But you are a fool if you don't.

I agree that some gags work and some do not. The funny thing about 81 is that his so called "gags" were not gags at all. They were just stupid ramblings of a guy posing as a self-important jerk. The one "gag" that he thought was so great was posing as a guy asking for directions. There was nothing funny about it, yet he went on and on about how he pulled one over on talon. Anyone who falls for his BS fails.

p.s. - he is not a "Gasson level donor"
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum