On The Subject Of Skinner Bashing

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: On The Subject Of Skinner Bashing

Postby The Knife of Asia on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:50 pm

Al Skinner was more successful than TOB as he delivered on a national stage to a higher degree...

However, he was a terrible in game coach, and I will forever remember kenny harley and his spot up 2 pointer at the buzzer when we were down 3....

For a school that prides itself on academics and intelligence, why can't we get coaches than have a greater than C+ understanding of the games they are coaching?
The Knife of Asia
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:35 pm

The Knife of Asia {l Wrote}:I will forever remember kenny harley and his spot up 2 pointer at the buzzer when we were down 3....

My memory tells me it was a layup or at least a very close shot off a dribble drive (after Ken-bone had made the 3-pointer as the timeout was called nonetheless). My memory also tells me that Mr. Belvedere was a funny show, so you never know.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby The Knife of Asia on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:50 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
The Knife of Asia {l Wrote}:I will forever remember kenny harley and his spot up 2 pointer at the buzzer when we were down 3....

My memory tells me it was a layup or at least a very close shot off a dribble drive (after Ken-bone had made the 3-pointer as the timeout was called nonetheless). My memory also tells me that Mr. Belvedere was a funny show, so you never know.

Maybe it was an incontested floater bc the team was defending the 3...

I saw a rerun of Who's the boss the other day. Never realized how much Judith Light looked like a tranny... I swear i could almost pickup some 5pm shadow.
The Knife of Asia
McGuinn Hall

Postby floocher on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:12 am

"Inability to get it done at the highest level" is such a meaningless, even stupid phrase, that I am amazed that anyone ever uses it. It was "the Pats inability to get it done at the highest level" that prevented a 2007 superbowl win. The Yankees 2004 "inability....Blah blah blah....

Every team or athlete who ever loses a single important game or match suffers from this common malady "An inability to get it done at the highest level." And, of course, that makes them LOSERS.

You could say Donahue suffers from "an inability to get it done at the highest Ivy level", but didn't he take Cornell to .....oops, you are right. He did NOT win the tournament last year. "inability" again.
floocher
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:23 am

floocher {l Wrote}:"Inability to get it done at the highest level" is such a meaningless, even stupid phrase, that I am amazed that anyone ever uses it. It was "the Pats inability to get it done at the highest level" that prevented a 2007 superbowl win. The Yankees 2004 "inability....Blah blah blah....

Every team or athlete who ever loses a single important game or match suffers from this common malady "An inability to get it done at the highest level." And, of course, that makes them LOSERS.

You could say Donahue suffers from "an inability to get it done at the highest Ivy level", but didn't he take Cornell to .....oops, you are right. He did NOT win the tournament last year. "inability" again.

:shrug ....I'm confused
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:32 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
floocher {l Wrote}:"Inability to get it done at the highest level" is such a meaningless, even stupid phrase, that I am amazed that anyone ever uses it. It was "the Pats inability to get it done at the highest level" that prevented a 2007 superbowl win. The Yankees 2004 "inability....Blah blah blah....

:shrug ....I'm confused

I'm not. Clearly floocher has an inability to get it done at the highest level of message boardery.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:42 pm

The Knife of Asia {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Maybe it was an incontested floater bc the team was defending the 3...

I saw a rerun of Who's the boss the other day. Never realized how much Judith Light looked like a tranny... I swear i could almost pickup some 5pm shadow.

What kenny harley did made no sense on any level and yes he actually did miss a layup. Mr. Belvedere was a very funny show. You have to remember it was hard to get the proper media attention/hype it deserved with Growing Pains at its zenith at the same time.
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum