What a concept ! ! !

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

What a concept ! ! !

Postby Ohioeagle on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:52 pm

Emphasize everybody practicing shooting the ball, and lo and behold, they play like they can shoot the ball. Go figure. Yesterday was the first game I saw this season. Great ball movement and queing it up like I have never seen BC do before. I don't know what it means for Wednesday or thereafter, but time will tell.
Ohioeagle
Carney Hall

Re: What a concept ! ! !

Postby joemack13 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Welcome to a new era in BC basketball. The first game I was able to watch this year got me really excited as well. The difference is incredible, what stands out the most:

the unselfishness of the team, they seem to always make the extra pass, and there's a minimal amount of forced shots. Trapani was a big offender early in the season but looks like he may be turning the corner and getting comfortable in this offense. They just look like they're playing smart ball

3-point shooting (obviously)

free throws - I can never remember BC being anything more than below average in FT shooting. It's nice to see we're #3 in the ACC i believe?

Also pleasantly surprising last night was how many times we had easy baskets on an inbounds play
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:17 am

joemack13 {l Wrote}:Also pleasantly surprising last night was how many times we had easy baskets on an inbounds play

I miss the inbounds play where we all stand around and the inbounder chucks a 50-50 pass to our PG in the backcourt.

I also miss our press breaker where we pass the ball to the PG in the corner hoping he can split a double team.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:18 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
joemack13 {l Wrote}:Also pleasantly surprising last night was how many times we had easy baskets on an inbounds play

I miss the inbounds play where we all stand around and the inbounder chucks a 50-50 pass to our PG in the backcourt.

I also miss our press breaker where we pass the ball to the PG in the corner hoping he can split a double team.

My personal favorite is Tyler Roche covering Trevor Booker when we play Clemson. This year if Booker were still in school maybe we could put Danny Rubin on him.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:00 am

I miss something bad Al did, I guess.

No, really, I don't. I pretty much just look forward to the success this team is going to have under the next coach to bring BC a conference championship (hopefully) and Sweet 16 appearance (probably).
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:47 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I miss something bad Al did, I guess.

No, really, I don't. I pretty much just look forward to the success this team is going to have under the next coach to bring BC a conference championship (hopefully) and Sweet 16 appearance (probably).

You guys are going to make TWB cry. He doesn't like bad things being said about the former coach...it makes him sad.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:59 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

You guys are going to make TWB cry. He doesn't like bad things being said about the former coach...it makes him sad.

Nope. They pretty much just make me bored. I'd rather talk about the new coach, and the excellent job he is doing.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:59 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Nope. They pretty much just make me bored. I'd rather talk about the new coach, and the excellent job he is doing.

and its only natural that sometimes the current coach and his performance is contrasted with the previous coach. Bashing skinner is boring. Comparing the job that Donahue is doing with the previous coach....nothing wrong with that...unless your are too sensitive.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby SiValEagle on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:57 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

To be fair, this needs to be done so that you can run The F____. (Four letter word that was our offense.)
SiValEagle
n00b

Return to Conte Forum