Potential In-Bound Transfers During the Break?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Potential In-Bound Transfers During the Break?

Postby bluefishskip on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:29 pm

Anyone hearing about a potential in-bound transfer coming to BC during this Christmas Break? I say potential because as I heard it, there was a very good chance of it happening, but nothing was a "done deal" just yet.
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Re: Potential In-Bound Transfers During the Break?

Postby BC923 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:06 pm

bluefishskip {l Wrote}:Anyone hearing about a potential in-bound transfer coming to BC during this Christmas Break? I say potential because as I heard it, there was a very good chance of it happening, but nothing was a "done deal" just yet.

haven't heard anything, but if this is true he'd only have to sit out this half of the year then could play next?
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby bluefishskip on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:18 pm

would be eligible at the end of 1st semester in 2011-2012 season...
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:23 pm

bluefishskip {l Wrote}:would be eligible at the end of 1st semester in 2011-2012 season...

ok thatd be good. Where are you hearing this? and who are the names they are thinking?
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Brablc on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:39 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:
bluefishskip {l Wrote}:would be eligible at the end of 1st semester in 2011-2012 season...

ok thatd be good. Where are you hearing this? and who are the names they are thinking?

I'd be also interested in hearing names.

Also curious from an eligibility standpoint. Say this player was a So. would they be a So. for the half a year next year and a Junior the following year?
Brablc
McGuinn Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Is it a Murphy?
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby bluefishskip on Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:04 pm

I waited to see if anyone else had heard what I had before replying to the post.....my source is a local Division 3 Basketball Assistant, who knows some people in the business. From what he had heard, Murphy was close to pulling the trigger on transferring....the quote I was given was "80/20 Murphy transfers." My source hasn't heard anything else since that initial snippet. From reading Murphy's twitter account, he's back in Gainesville, so it sounds dead for now.
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby bcbcbcbcbc4444 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:09 pm

bluefishskip {l Wrote}:I waited to see if anyone else had heard what I had before replying to the post.....my source is a local Division 3 Basketball Assistant, who knows some people in the business. From what he had heard, Murphy was close to pulling the trigger on transferring....the quote I was given was "80/20 Murphy transfers." My source hasn't heard anything else since that initial snippet. From reading Murphy's twitter account, he's back in Gainesville, so it sounds dead for now.

80/20 that he transfers or that he transfers to BC?
bcbcbcbcbc4444
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:49 pm

I'm not buying what you're selling here.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:28 pm

I checked the Clemson board and there was no mention of it.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby joesim on Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:42 pm

so am i to assume this is not happening
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby bluefishskip on Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm

Not trying to sell anything hear. I waited days to come back and post something to what I had heard, hoping that someone else may have been able to confirm the rumor. The guy knows i'm a big BC fan, so maybe he said it to get me going. Not sure. I guess next time I won't post anything.....but like I said, I asked a question to see if anyone else had heard anything.
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:49 pm

bluefishskip {l Wrote}:Not trying to sell anything hear. I waited days to come back and post something to what I had heard, hoping that someone else may have been able to confirm the rumor. The guy knows i'm a big BC fan, so maybe he said it to get me going. Not sure. I guess next time I won't post anything.....but like I said, I asked a question to see if anyone else had heard anything.

Ask away brother, this is the place to post rumor. Its better thean the posts on EA that spread rumor for money.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby NJM89 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:51 pm

That would be sweet if he came here but I don't really see it happening. Seems like hes getting 6th man minutes this year but who knows that would be cool if he did. I'm excited to see Humphrey play next year I always forget we have him. Whatever happened to the guy from Monmouth is he not playing at all?
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby EagleDave on Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:52 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:That would be sweet if he came here but I don't really see it happening. Seems like hes getting 6th man minutes this year but who knows that would be cool if he did. I'm excited to see Humphrey play next year I always forget we have him. Whatever happened to the guy from Monmouth is he not playing at all?

He had some legal transgressions that caused BC to pull the plug on him if I recall.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:10 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
bluefishskip {l Wrote}:Not trying to sell anything hear. I waited days to come back and post something to what I had heard, hoping that someone else may have been able to confirm the rumor. The guy knows i'm a big BC fan, so maybe he said it to get me going. Not sure. I guess next time I won't post anything.....but like I said, I asked a question to see if anyone else had heard anything.

Ask away brother, this is the place to post rumor. Its better thean the posts on EA that spread rumor for money.

Just ask HJS. He loves to confirm rumors that are complete bullshit
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:29 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:That would be sweet if he came here but I don't really see it happening. Seems like hes getting 6th man minutes this year but who knows that would be cool if he did. I'm excited to see Humphrey play next year I always forget we have him. Whatever happened to the guy from Monmouth is he not playing at all?

He had some legal transgressions that caused BC to pull the plug on him if I recall.

This is correct, I think he wound up at Xavier, not sure though.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:14 pm

Feel free to post gossip/rumors whatever you hear. I posted a huge commit on the football board two weeks ago and still have not been thanked for the scoop.
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:52 pm

Fuck the OJs of this board who have never add one piece of info, insight, opinion or anything to these boards. All they do is detract from those with the balls to post the same. OJ is never wrong because OJ is too much of a pussy to make a statement.

bluefishskip... I'll confirm it... I've heard similar things. One was that the BC was in real good shape with Alex. Another was that Alex might be a 1 or 2 and done for the NBA. Another was that the Murphys did not like Skinner. Another was that the Murphys were not happy with Donovan. And then, the last one was that I shouldn't be surprised if both Murphys were playing for BC in January of next year. If Erik is back in Gainesville, it certainly seems unlikely to happen. But... it ain't like you were the only one who saw the smoke and hoped there was a fire accompanying it.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleDave on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:19 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Fuck the OJs of this board who have never add one piece of info, insight, opinion or anything to these boards. All they do is detract from those with the balls to post the same. OJ is never wrong because OJ is too much of a pussy to make a statement.

bluefishskip... I'll confirm it... I've heard similar things. One was that the BC was in real good shape with Alex. Another was that Alex might be a 1 or 2 and done for the NBA. Another was that the Murphys did not like Skinner. Another was that the Murphys were not happy with Donovan. And then, the last one was that I shouldn't be surprised if both Murphys were playing for BC in January of next year. If Erik is back in Gainesville, it certainly seems unlikely to happen. But... it ain't like you were the only one who saw the smoke and hoped there was a fire accompanying it.

Quit worrying so much about all the bullshit and just stick to posting. Just quit talking in absolutes and people won't give you near as much shit.

As for Murphy I think your points on BC being legitimately "in" on Alex Murphy and the fact that the Murphys collectively hated Al Skinner are pretty much accepted facts at this point. The likelihood of 1 or both being here next year is highly questionable however.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Return to Conte Forum