UConn Nags

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: UConn Nags

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:12 am

GlorytoBC {l Wrote}:John Wooden was probably the greatest cheater in NCAA history.

I hear that the booster who was instrumental in the early 60's in getting UCLA players --- paid Alcindors parents and went huge for even back then.....after he was ticketed to St.John's and Carnesseca.

You have to remember Power Memorial which played at my HS with Len Elmore was in the late 60's amd people rarely cracked $7K-8K in salary, and $10K-$15K was huge.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:07 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:Watching these nags - what a disaster.

1. They have absolutely no use of their off hand. Back to back possessions (one yukon one stanford) yukon girl has wide open left handed layup and has to chuck it up awkwardly with her right. Next possession Stanford player stuck because she can't do anything with her left hand.
2. Some stanford girl fouls out with 2 minutes left and up 6. What does she do? Goes over and hugs that nut Geno. Seriously.

And there is no 10 second violation, so they don't have to get the ball cross court.

No wonder these nags are able to have such a long winning streak. If these are the best, I can't even begin to imagine what the mediocre and the worst look like.

Nags are ridiculous shooters when left unguarded. Put a hand in their face and none of them would be able to score, ever.

That's essentially what happened. Someone scholar on the Stanford coaching staff got the brilliant idea to get up in Maya Moore's jersey and instantly she no longer looks like JJ Redick with a vagina (there's a Redick/Duke joke in there somewhere).

I'm not even going to go here.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby apbc12 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:01 am

Thank you Stanford for ending the reign of terror. Now that people don't have to pretend to care, I look forward to seeing and hearing nothing about women's basketball until the Final Four.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby Heights on Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:05 am

We thankfully won't have to listen to Geno play the victim card either. I think this farce created more far more resentment of women's hoops among real sports fans than creating more acceptance as they hoped.
"We have everyone on our 2010 schedule but the New England Patriots"

Frank Spaziani
Heights
n00b

Previous

Return to Conte Forum