Trading 1 Pile of Crap for Another...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Trading 1 Pile of Crap for Another...

Postby EagleDave on Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:22 pm

Orlando Gets:

Jason Richardson
Hedo Turkoglu
Gilbert Arenas

Washington Gets:

Rashard Lewis

Phoenix Gets:

Vince Carter (EDIT!)
Marcin Gortat
Mikael Peitrus
#1 Draft Pick

Total panic trade by the Magic. All they did was changes the faces...the team is at best equal to what they had before and more likely even weaker on the boards and with a log jam at the 2.
Last edited by EagleDave on Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Re: Trading 1 Pile of Crap for Another...

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:16 pm

I don't like the trade. Peitrus and Gortat were good role players and Rashard Lewis was an impact player who fit their "kick it out" system, as he can shoot the three well.

And now what do they get? Gilbert Arenas? He isn't championship team material and neither is Jason Richardson, as much as I like him. They traded a bunch of potentially championship-caliber team role players for selfish all-stars.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:20 pm

Seems like PHX is throwing in the towel. Think they'll trade Nash, too?
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:35 pm

Rashard Lewis has been dogshit this year and Richardson and Arenas can both hit from outside. Upgrade from that perspective.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:39 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Rashard Lewis has been dogshit this year and Richardson and Arenas can both hit from outside. Upgrade from that perspective.

Arenas and Richardson are miserable defenders. That's a terrible trade for Orlando. They took some already questionable perimter defense playrers and made them much worse. Can you see Arenas chasing Ray Allen around? Yea I didn't think so.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:28 pm

I feel bad for Dudley. He goes from playing in the Western Conference Finals to playing for this shit Suns team. At least he got a nice contract out of it.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:40 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:Orlando Gets:

Jason Richardson
Hedo Turkoglu
Gilbert Arenas

Washington Gets:

Rashard Lewis

Phoenix Gets:

Vince Carter (EDIT!)
Marcin Gortat
Mikael Peitrus
#1 Draft Pick

Total panic trade by the Magic. All they did was changes the faces...the team is at best equal to what they had before and more likely even weaker on the boards and with a log jam at the 2.

I agree with the comment that it's one pile of dogshit for another. I strongly disagree that it was a "total panic trade." If anything, I kind of respect the Magic for it. It was very decisive. They knew they weren't gonna win with the team they had. I agree that they prob won't win with the new team, but they took a gamble, to shake things up. Why not? They keep their nucleus of Howard and Nelson in place, and with those two, they'll be a pretty decent team regardless of the shitheads they put around them.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:41 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:And now what do they get? Gilbert Arenas? He isn't championship team material and neither is Jason Richardson, as much as I like him. They traded a bunch of potentially championship-caliber team role players for selfish all-stars.

Was Rashard Lewis championship material?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:47 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:I feel bad for Dudley. He goes from playing in the Western Conference Finals to playing for this shit Suns team. At least he got a nice contract out of it.

Not to mention the fact that Carter and Pietrus will steal some of his minutes, and possibly a lot of them.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:20 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:And now what do they get? Gilbert Arenas? He isn't championship team material and neither is Jason Richardson, as much as I like him. They traded a bunch of potentially championship-caliber team role players for selfish all-stars.

I don't know, but he fit their kick-it-out style of play and could drive to the rim and shoot three's really well.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Byrdcall J on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:54 pm

Getting Vince Carter to replace Hedo never really made sense. Did the Magic save any money doing that? I don't know the details of that signing. Anyway, Dwight Howard sucks. Fuck that guy.
Byrdcall J
Carney Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:56 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

I don't know

Of course you know.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:01 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

I don't know

Of course you know.

The second part of that statement was the more important. The answer is "not really."
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:43 pm

Dudley started for Phoenix tonight, as they were shorthanded. He currently has 26 points with time left in the fourth. It looks like the Suns will go down to the Spurs, but they put up a good fight.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:58 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

I don't know

Of course you know.

The second part of that statement was the more important. The answer is "not really."

Wait a second. Vince Carter is a championship-caliber team role player? I think that's the first time Vince has ever been called a team player.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Return to Conte Forum