Duke Boy Calls Reggie...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Duke Boy Calls Reggie...

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:04 pm

Bilas said Reggie has been a top 20 player so far this year.

19. Reggie Jackson, Boston College: Jackson can get a little wild, but when he is on, he is one of the best scoring guards in the country. He's quick, fast with the ball and can get his own shots and make them under duress. He is averaging 19.2 points, 4.5 rebounds and 4.5 assists while shooting 52 percent from the field, 48 percent from 3 and 83 percent from the line.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/insider/columns/story?columnist=bilas_jay&id=5925726
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Duke Boy Calls Reggie...

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:13 pm

For some reason I thought there was something else coming here...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:38 pm

Very disappointed...thanks for nothing...tease! Oh well... Silver Sppons is on tonight and they have a bathing suit scene with Jason Bateman and Ricky Schroeder...jackpot!
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby missoulaEagle on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:55 am

Bilas is a smug a-hole but good for Reggie to be noticed. I've been at and/or watched 3/4 of the games this season: I haven't noticed that Reggie has a propensity for getting "a little wild." Turnovers are low, esp. considering the amount of time he has the ball in this offense; A/T ratio is strong. Bilas should watch some more BC games from this season.
missoulaEagle
n00b

Postby Art Vandelay on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:45 am

missoulaEagle {l Wrote}:Bilas is a smug a-hole but good for Reggie to be noticed. I've been at and/or watched 3/4 of the games this season: I haven't noticed that Reggie has a propensity for getting "a little wild." Turnovers are low, esp. considering the amount of time he has the ball in this offense; A/T ratio is strong. Bilas should watch some more BC games from this season.

Clearly he is watching if he has Reggie listed among the top players in the country. I don't think by wild he is talking about turnovers, which has been good. I think he means the occassional out of control drive to the lane or wild shot. Not something that happens all the time obviously or he would not be on the list. There have been times that I've seen Reggie fall into the Ty Rice offense (ie pound the ball into the floor until there is 5 seconds on the shot clock and than throw up a contested shot). Doesnt happen a lot but it has happened and my guess is that's what he is referring to.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:03 pm

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
missoulaEagle {l Wrote}:Bilas is a smug a-hole but good for Reggie to be noticed. I've been at and/or watched 3/4 of the games this season: I haven't noticed that Reggie has a propensity for getting "a little wild." Turnovers are low, esp. considering the amount of time he has the ball in this offense; A/T ratio is strong. Bilas should watch some more BC games from this season.

Clearly he is watching if he has Reggie listed among the top players in the country. I don't think by wild he is talking about turnovers, which has been good. I think he means the occassional out of control drive to the lane or wild shot. Not something that happens all the time obviously or he would not be on the list. There have been times that I've seen Reggie fall into the Ty Rice offense (ie pound the ball into the floor until there is 5 seconds on the shot clock and than throw up a contested shot). Doesnt happen a lot but it has happened and my guess is that's what he is referring to.

I also think it's still in his mind from previous years. Remember once or twice a game when RJ would pull down a defensive board and start streaking down the court with a behind the back dribble to avoid a defender that would simply end up in another defender's arms and go back the other way?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:10 pm

Agreed p6p. I remember at times last year when he would be in the open floor and you'd see a look from him that he was going to go 1 on 4 no matter what.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Return to Conte Forum