Reggie Jackson: ACC-POW

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Reggie Jackson: ACC-POW

Postby StayBlessed on Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:31 pm

According to ESPN,Jackson named player of the week...team looks better than expected.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/colleges ... er-of-week
StayBlessed
Carney Hall

Re: Reggie Jackson: ACC-POW

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:11 am

When do we send in Rambo and Chuck Norris to free Reggie?

There must be others.... there has to be others.....

FREE REGGIE.....

I wanna see Reggie dominate and drag BC into at least the Sweet Sixteen.

Then I can re-fire my we should make Reggie a point guard post.... :lame
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:29 am

StayBlessed {l Wrote}:According to ESPN,Jackson named player of the week...team looks better than expected.

If Reggie keeps it up, he'll be in contention for ACC POY.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ryrob on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:33 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
StayBlessed {l Wrote}:According to ESPN,Jackson named player of the week...team looks better than expected.

JW on Maryland or some of the Duke kids will make it tough though.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleDave on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:39 am

ryrob {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

If anyone but Kyle Singler wins ACC POY I'll eat my shoe. That race ended the moment Singler decided to come back to school.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:41 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

If anyone but Kyle Singler wins ACC POY I'll eat my shoe. That race ended the moment Singler decided to come back to school.

Pump or stiletto?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:16 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

They'll give it to Singler, but Jackson will be all around more deserved in my opinion. Jackson fills up stat sheets.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:09 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

They'll give it to Singler, but Jackson will be all around more deserved in my opinion. Jackson fills up stat sheets.

Actually, before the injury I would have given Irving the inside track for ACC POY; freshman or not, he dominated games and effectively made Duke his team. Now it's a lot less clear. Singler will probably begin to put up big numbers out of sheer necessity with Irving out, and he has the advantage of seniority. Jordan Williams will be a strong candidate if he keeps playing the way he did against BC (and his teammates don't continue to ignore him in crunch time the way THEY did against BC). Jackson will certainly be a candidate if he continues his present level of all-around play, but that might be significantly tougher when the conference season starts (or perhaps not; after all, this IS a down year in the ACC).
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:33 am

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Actually, before the injury I would have given Irving the inside track for ACC POY; freshman or not, he dominated games and effectively made Duke his team. Now it's a lot less clear. Singler will probably begin to put up big numbers out of sheer necessity with Irving out, and he has the advantage of seniority. Jordan Williams will be a strong candidate if he keeps playing the way he did against BC (and his teammates don't continue to ignore him in crunch time the way THEY did against BC). Jackson will certainly be a candidate if he continues his present level of all-around play, but that might be significantly tougher when the conference season starts (or perhaps not; after all, this IS a down year in the ACC).

I agree with you. Irving's numbers were very similar to Reggie's before he got hurt. Duke also has three guys who average over 16 pts per game so their scoring is a little more spread out. Reggie's scoring numbers are going to go down in conference play because even in a down year ACC teams have athletes who can cover him more effectively. I also think most coaches will look at BC and decide to focus on Reggie and see if anyone else can step up and beat them. Either way Reggie will be in the conversation for ACC POY and Irving going down helps his chances. Lots of season left before we need to crown someone.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:45 pm

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I agree with you. Irving's numbers were very similar to Reggie's before he got hurt. Duke also has three guys who average over 16 pts per game so their scoring is a little more spread out. Reggie's scoring numbers are going to go down in conference play because even in a down year ACC teams have athletes who can cover him more effectively. I also think most coaches will look at BC and decide to focus on Reggie and see if anyone else can step up and beat them. Either way Reggie will be in the conversation for ACC POY and Irving going down helps his chances. Lots of season left before we need to crown someone.

Since you raise the issue, I would say Maryland was already concentrating on Reggie. How many times did he draw the defense and kick out for an open 3? Raji's game-winning shot was an obvious case. If Reggie continues to do that (and his teammates keep making 3's), ACC coaches will have an interesting choice.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Return to Conte Forum