First Bracketology is out!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

First Bracketology is out!

Postby Brablc on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:29 pm

Boston College is an 8 seed (playing Temple) on Lunardi's ESPN bracketology:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
Brablc
McGuinn Hall

Re: First Bracketology is out!

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Brablc {l Wrote}:Boston College is an 8 seed (playing Temple) on Lunardi's ESPN bracketology:

Though it seems more like a possibility now, that is still a major case of

CART ...................................... HORSE
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:45 pm

If you hve insider and can see Lunardi's rundown, he predicts BC has a 50/50 chance of making it...
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:48 pm

Also he states the odds for ACC Bubble teams are as followed:
BC 50%
Va Tech 50%
Miami 40%
NC State 40%
Virginia 35%
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:22 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 64 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz68

Win 6 and survive.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:32 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Brablc {l Wrote}:Boston College is an 8 seed (playing Temple) on Lunardi's ESPN bracketology:

I'd like to see a few ACC regular season games before we totally jump off the deep end here.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:53 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I'd like to see a few ACC regular season games before we totally jump off the deep end here.

I have no problem with people tracking this Bracketology stuff throughout the season. I like BC sports! I like talking about BC sports!
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:48 pm

WOOOO HOOPS WEIRDOS REJOICE!!!!! :chewbanka :banana :cheer
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:16 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I have no problem with people tracking this Bracketology stuff throughout the season. I like BC sports! I like talking about BC sports!

Agreed. Who cares how early in the season it is? We're fans, not players.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Brablc on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:07 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Agreed. Who cares how early in the season it is? We're fans, not players.

This is obviously definitive evidence that this team will make the tournament. Just kidding but it is nice that they are in contention in a year that they weren't expected to make an impact.

And don't worry, I knocked on wood when I made the post.
Brablc
McGuinn Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:49 pm

Let me preface this by saying I am really happy so far with the way BC basketball is looking. I really enjoy watching this BC team and I think Donahue and company are doing a great job. Donahue's ability to effectively use such a thin roster is very impressive and I am thrilled with the direction BC basketball is going.

That being said pretty much nobody predicted us to be an NCAA tournament team yet virtually all of us BC fans/posters predicted us to be 7-2 at this point including those who predicted us to have a losing record overall. If you do not believe me, look back at the 2010-2011 season prediction board and you will see that pretty much everyone predicted us 7-2 (albeit winning against Yale and losing another game) and yet now everyone is acting happily surprised that BC is off to a 7-2 start. Maryland is an extremely important game for us, but at this point I have no reason to be anything more than cautiously optimistic.

Edit: 7-2 record
Last edited by MattTheEagle on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Brablc on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:19 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:Let me preface this by saying I am really happy so far with the way BC basketball is looking. I really enjoy watching this BC team and I think Donahue and company are doing a great job. Donahue's ability to effectively use such a thin roster is very impressive and I am thrilled with the direction BC basketball is going.

That being said pretty much nobody predicted us to be an NCAA tournament team yet virtually all of us BC fans/posters predicted us to be 6-2 at this point including those who predicted us to have a losing record overall. If you do not believe me, look back at the 2010-2011 season prediction board and you will see that pretty much everyone predicted us 6-2 (albeit winning against Yale and losing another game) and yet now everyone is acting happily surprised that BC is off to a 6-2 start. Maryland is an extremely important game for us, but at this point I have no reason to be anything more than cautiously optimistic.

I agree. It's just nice to be talked about. Really looking forward to Maryland.
Brablc
McGuinn Hall

Postby joemack13 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:22 am

:cheer ALRIGHT WE FUCKIN' DID IT! :cheer

7-2 BITCH!
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:25 am

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:Maryland is an extremely important game for us, but at this point I have no reason to be anything more than cautiously optimistic.

I sure as shit didn't think we'd be as good as we've played so far. But...I don't think the MD game is imperative. Not to make excuses, but there will be some major match-up problems. It simply is not a make-or-break game. We could lost tomorrow and still win eight or nine in the conference easily. Our team is incredibly well-coached so far this year.

*I want to win on Sunday.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:49 am

Hunta518 {l Wrote}:WOOOO HOOPS WEIRDOS REJOICE!!!!! :chewbanka :banana :cheer

why is he called chewbanka?
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby mod6A on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:39 pm

i like it when BC sports teams do well!
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:48 pm

In a few more weeks, we will be National Champions.

Duke losing Kylie was a real Championship season shot for the Blue Devils.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:49 pm

mod6A {l Wrote}:i like it when BC sports teams do well!

Really? I thought I was the only one!
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:44 pm

We're down to a 9 seed now even after those Harvard and Yale Losses.

Playing Ohio State in Cleveland would not be fun at all.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:21 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:We're down to a 9 seed now even after those Harvard and Yale Losses.

Playing Ohio State in Cleveland would not be fun at all.

The things Jared Sullinger would do to this defense would border on charges of manslaughter.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby bcsouth on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:57 pm

how about this for the ACC

4 teams in

DUKE # 1 seed
BC # 9 seed
UNC# 9 seed
VT# 11 seed. last team in.

Would never happen, but that is one team in and three teams with one bad week from being out.

A few things:

1. BC must take advantage of a weak ACC
2. BC needs to beat NC ST. at home tomorrow night
3. Four teams are interesting to me, that are not in: Maryland, VT, NC State and Miami: I expect two to get hot and make the tourney. Not sure which two, maybe Maryland and NC State. But that will change week to week.
4. BC will likely end up grouped with those 4 teams and maybe Clemson for a total of three bids.
5. Teams on the bubble in the ACC cannot afford to lose to GT, Wake and to alesser extent UVA this year. A loss to one of them may be the separating factor.
6. Of those teams, Clemson, Maryland a nd VT have nice home court advantages, NC State, Miami and BC do not.
7. BC's win over Maryland is very big so far.
bcsouth
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:56 pm

You've got to beat NCST at home...absolutely have to.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:50 am

I'm not really sure how we are in and NC State is out right now. We have basically the same record. We have one good win over A&M offset by three bad losses to Harvard, Yale and URI. They have no really good wins but also no bad losses with 2 of their 4 losses to ranked teams in Cuse and GTown. We both lost to Wisconsin. It will get settled tonight but it seems odd to me. If anything we should both be in or both be out.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:05 am

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:I'm not really sure how we are in and NC State is out right now. We have basically the same record. We have one good win over A&M offset by three bad losses to Harvard, Yale and URI. They have no really good wins but also no bad losses with 2 of their 4 losses to ranked teams in Cuse and GTown. We both lost to Wisconsin. It will get settled tonight but it seems odd to me. If anything we should both be in or both be out.

you are forgetting that their loss to wisconsin is bad. they lost by 40+
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:29 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:I'm not really sure how we are in and NC State is out right now. We have basically the same record. We have one good win over A&M offset by three bad losses to Harvard, Yale and URI. They have no really good wins but also no bad losses with 2 of their 4 losses to ranked teams in Cuse and GTown. We both lost to Wisconsin. It will get settled tonight but it seems odd to me. If anything we should both be in or both be out.

Ummm....we lost to Wisonsin too. I was kind of calling that a wash, but I guess you are giving us credit for only losing by 10. Not sure I buy that.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:01 am

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:

Ummm....we lost to Wisonsin too. I was kind of calling that a wash, but I guess you are giving us credit for only losing by 10. Not sure I buy that.

IMO a loss to a good team isn't usually a bad loss - unless it is a ridiculous blowout. The NCSU-Wisco game qualifies and can be counted as a bad loss, while BC's loss to Wisconsin doesn't really hurt them. You're right it still is weird though.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:52 am

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:

3 letters for you, RPI. NCST is 106 in the RPI, we're 40. NCST's OOC schedule has been awful playing teams 250 and below in the RPI which kills them. Our scheduling helps us a lot.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:53 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i see there are still a handful of soon-to-be-unhappy people that think this team has any chance at all of sniffing the ncaa tournament. i hope none of your wives/grilfriends have emotional problems because it will be doomsday for your walls

I don't see how you can say this team isn't going to make the Tournament. Have you seen the rest of the ACC? The Don is going to squeak this team in as a 11/12 seed.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:06 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:

3 letters for you, RPI. NCST is 106 in the RPI, we're 40. NCST's OOC schedule has been awful playing teams 250 and below in the RPI which kills them. Our scheduling helps us a lot.

This is reason number 150 why bracketology is stupid when you have barely started conference play. Harvard has an RPI of 52 right now. You think that is going to hold up once they start playing nothing but Ivy league teams? Right now a loss to NC State tonight would be a bad loss and our loss to Harvard would be a "good loss." Any reasonable person would know that is not logical. I think RPI is a decent tool, but at this point in the year it makes no sense.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:12 am

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:

This is reason number 150 why bracketology is stupid when you have barely started conference play. Harvard has an RPI of 52 right now. You think that is going to hold up once they start playing nothing but Ivy league teams? Right now a loss to NC State tonight would be a bad loss and our loss to Harvard would be a "good loss." Any reasonable person would know that is not logical. I think RPI is a decent tool, but at this point in the year it makes no sense.

Although you have a point, it is what it is. Losing to NCST, no matter how talented, is a bad loss at home. If you want to get to the ultimate goal (NCAA Tournament) losing to NCST cannot happen in Conte.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum