BC 64 WISCONSIN 62 -- GAME THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC 64 WISCONSIN 62 -- GAME THREAD

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:37 pm

Worst part about all of this is that the lack of effort and hustle and giving up on the game is going to turn a well played first half and decent performance into an utter embarrassment of Yale-loss proportions in the box score.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby auggiebc on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:39 pm

Biko Paris is dreadfully useless. this is not a newsflash of course. but why ZERO improvement from this kid over the years?
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:39 pm

Announcer paraphrasing The Don..."The bad habits keep showing up in games". Yup.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:39 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Hey look! Horrifically stagnant offense can happen in any system! Fucking Al.

Piss poor shot selection.

tw, it's the fifth game of the Donahue regime and he is rebuilding. Now, if they look like this in his 13th year, then you'll have a point.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DallasEire on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:39 pm

The most glaring differential between these two teams is basketball IQ. This not an intelligent group. Donahue will change that over time but this team desperately needs an intelligent true point guard. There are always long droughts with dumb teams. Trapani, jackson, and others need to understand what the definition of a good shot. Unacceptable levels of basketball idiocy from the upper-classman. There is no way this senior class actually qualified academically to this institution
DallasEire
n00b

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:42 pm

The ball movement, hustle D and ball movement is back.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:43 pm

at least they didnt quit completely, a little run to make it look somewhat respectable
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:44 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Hey look! Horrifically stagnant offense can happen in any system! Fucking Al.

tw, it's the fifth game of the Donahue regime and he is rebuilding. Now, if they look like this in his 13th year, then you'll have a point.

Fair enough. It is called hyperbole. I like the system, just pointing out that it has the potential to be just as ugly as any other.

And the announcers saying "the bad habits come out in games" bothered me a bit. Smacks of TOB excuse making.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:46 pm

Wow, Wisky just shitting the bed here. It is a damn shame that BC didn't stay tight enough to take advantage of the Wisky implosion.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:46 pm

No real pressure on the ball
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:48 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Fair enough. It is called hyperbole. I like the system, just pointing out that it has the potential to be just as ugly as any other.

And the announcers saying "the bad habits come out in games" bothered me a bit. Smacks of TOB excuse making.

Agreed - any system has the ability to be ugly if the players don't buy in an execute.

I didn't see it as excuse making at all, I saw it as the truth and by the way we're witnessing it right now. I have yet to feel the Don has made any excuses. He even started the sentence with a compliment about how they've worked hard and done some good things.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:50 pm

Where's the foul call on that? Should be at the line to make it a 6 point game.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:51 pm

This was a largely ugly game but I like that they have showed they won't quit.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:51 pm

And the blatant push-off on the inbounds. Argh.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:52 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Agreed - any system has the ability to be ugly if the players don't buy in an execute.

I didn't see it as excuse making at all, I saw it as the truth and by the way we're witnessing it right now. I have yet to feel the Don has made any excuses. He even started the sentence with a compliment about how they've worked hard and done some good things.

I'm talking about the implication that the habits were "bad" because they fit a prior regime and not his. Just say "we are trying to get them to think and play another way from what they are used to, and it doesn't always happen." Calling them "bad habits" smacks of "It's the last guys' fault that I can't get them to play better yet".
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:53 pm

This team showed heart, if Reggie plays like he did in the 2nd we have no shot. Not a whole lot of talent on this team.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:53 pm

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:This was a largely ugly game but I like that they have showed they won't quit.

This is true. Huge bonus there.

Refs are terrible. Not that it mattered.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:55 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'm talking about the implication that the habits were "bad" because they fit a prior regime and not his. Just say "we are trying to get them to think and play another way from what they are used to, and it doesn't always happen." Calling them "bad habits" smacks of "It's the last guys' fault that I can't get them to play better yet".

Standing around, dribbling the air out of the ball, etc are the habits that I interpreted it as. All were patents of the Skinner system the past couple of years.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:55 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:This team showed heart, if Reggie plays like he did in the 2nd we have no shot. Not a whole lot of talent on this team.

There is no depth, but there is plenty of talent in the starting 5. The lack of depth will kill them in the ACC, but I like what Donahue does to rotate guys out for rest. The bigger problem for me is that the starters, while talented, are pretty stupid in the basketball IQ.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

I'm talking about the implication that the habits were "bad" because they fit a prior regime and not his. Just say "we are trying to get them to think and play another way from what they are used to, and it doesn't always happen." Calling them "bad habits" smacks of "It's the last guys' fault that I can't get them to play better yet".

It sure does. But if it's 100% accurate, it's 100% accurate. And it's not saying "I can't get them to play better", it's saying "in my world you won't see that". Distinct difference IMO between making excuses and discussing hurdles and setbacks. Taking the Don as a whole, it doesn't smack of excuses at all. Thinking about it in the context of some of our former head coahces, it does. I wouldn't put their shit on him just because we expect excuse making.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:57 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'm talking about the implication that the habits were "bad" because they fit a prior regime and not his. Just say "we are trying to get them to think and play another way from what they are used to, and it doesn't always happen." Calling them "bad habits" smacks of "It's the last guys' fault that I can't get them to play better yet".

Standing around, dribbling the air out of the ball, etc are the habits that I interpreted it as. All were patents of the Skinner system the past couple of years.

I'm just noting that, even if true, he has had time to coach those habits out of them, and doesn't really need to make the comment. It's no big deal, just sounds like an excuse.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:58 pm

26-17 to 60-38

43-12

a 31 point scorching....and now garbage time.

Poor Stevie D ---- the same shit defensive low talent slow slugs from last year only showing flashes of being a nice team with nonetheless -- glaring sickening weaknesses in the interior paint that can be exploited by good or solid teams.

I hope Stevie D. uses a small lineup and runs, presses, traps like this comeback versus the Wisconsin subs, but he is a superb Coach and I knew Lazy Elvis was bad 4 years ago and retired and Merrymen people thought he was a good coach, but this ACC Team with Dunn and Southern as its big men is shortchanged by that lazy smiling bastard now shooting hoops in the Rec Plex.

FU Al Skinner. You got $1M a year and a huge going away package and retired 4 years ago not recruiting from the barcolounger.

My Gonzaga and the other Catholic schools big men recruiting post 4 years ago is now a haunting stab in the eye watching BC struggle to get even a defensive carom or box out.

Skinner was a real sneaky, sly asshole.
Last edited by BCEagle74 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:59 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

It sure does. But if it's 100% accurate, it's 100% accurate. And it's not saying "I can't get them to play better", it's saying "in my world you won't see that". Distinct difference IMO between making excuses and discussing hurdles and setbacks. Taking the Don as a whole, it doesn't smack of excuses at all. Thinking about it in the context of some of our former head coahces, it does. I wouldn't put their shit on him just because we expect excuse making.

Fair point. I am jaded by TOB. That comment could have been innocuous, or could have come straight from his playbook.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Fair point. I am jaded by TOB. That comment could have been innocuous, or could have come straight from his playbook.

I took it as refreshing honesty from a network that generally refuses to be anything but complimentary and neutral.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:06 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

I took it as refreshing honesty from a network that generally refuses to be anything but complimentary and neutral.

Except that it wasn't coming from ESPN or Dakich. It was a direct quote from the Don, and Dakich attributed it to him. Like I said, no big deal, just gave me TOB nightmares when I heard it.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:27 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:26-17 to 60-38

43-12

a 31 point scorching....and now garbage time.

Poor Stevie D ---- the same shit defensive low talent slow slugs from last year only showing flashes of being a nice team with nonetheless -- glaring sickening weaknesses in the interior paint that can be exploited by good or solid teams.

I hope Stevie D. uses a small lineup and runs, presses, traps like this comeback versus the Wisconsin subs, but he is a superb Coach and I knew Lazy Elvis was bad 4 years ago and retired and Merrymen people thought he was a good coach, but this ACC Team with Dunn and Southern as its big men is shortchanged by that lazy smiling bastard now shooting hoops in the Rec Plex.

FU Al Skinner. You got $1M a year and a huge going away package and retired 4 years ago not recruiting from the barcolounger.

My Gonzaga and the other Catholic schools big men recruiting post 4 years ago is now a haunting stab in the eye watching BC struggle to get even a defensive carom or box out.

In all honesty, what the fuck do you know? Get lost, you have become that lowlife OJ. Skinner is gone and quit being a FUCKING baby maker by blaming everything on him. You were probably bitching when they were 20-0 because they didn't press for 40 straight minutes of hell you stupid old fuck. Enough of you already.

Kind Regards,
Mrs. Skinner
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:37 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

In all honesty, what the fuck do you know? Get lost, you have become that lowlife OJ. Skinner is gone and quit being a FUCKING baby maker by blaming everything on him. You were probably bitching when they were 20-0 because they didn't press for 40 straight minutes of hell you stupid old fuck. Enough of you already.

Kind Regards,
Mrs. Skinner

TRUE--- Caddy is always right..that was a low blow by me but just embarrassed by that run!! ---and shit!!.... but Elvis left the cupboard bare and watching BC being outmanned was sickening.

Happy Thanksgiving Caddy! Always right from Urban Meyer before anyone to replace TOB in 2003 to now!

Lazy Elvis is gone...no more exceuses...I needed that pimpslap!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:42 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Kind Regards,
Mrs. Skinner

TRUE--- Caddy is always right..that was a low blow by me but just embarrassed by that run!! ---and shit!!.... but Elvis left the cupboard bare and watching BC being outmanned was sickening.

Happy Thanksgiving Caddy! Always right from Urban Meyer before anyone to replace TOB in 2003 to now!

Lazy Elvis is gone...no more exceuses...I needed that pimpslap!

No more excuses, but the losses to Ivies remain!
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:54 pm

At 2:04 CST....I will slap myself from the Caddy facial..no more excuses...

Please coordinate and set your watch.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:26 pm

This team will get better. I am really liking the intensity this team is bringing. They played well in the first half and even rebounded as well as Wisconsin. Second half was far less pretty and Reggie did not look very good and the Eagles did not distribute the ball as well. We need to play a full 40 minutes with extreme energy. There were some really good things I did see though like Southern's rebound and inside power basket with the foul for the 3-point play...I did not see a single play like that last year - those are things we need to see a lot more of. All in all, Wisconsin is a good team and hopefully we can improve from this because of course there is still a lot more that needs to worked on. Donahue beat Yale and Wisconsin last year with no scholarship players, we will beat these teams and like A&M we are going to have some very good wins and hopefully a lot even this year if we play like we did against Wisconsin in the first half for BOTH halves.

We have one more Old Spice game. We really need to win this one to have a respectable showing.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum