Celtics vs. Heat

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Celtics vs. Heat

Postby angrychicken on Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:50 pm

Since there are many Celtics fans here, I'll start this. The Heat may or may not win tonight. I don't care. At the end of the season, the Miami Heat will finish higher than the Celtics. Seriously? Shaq? Game over Celtics fans. Heat forevah, Celts nevah.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Re: Celtics vs. Heat

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:18 pm

FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:40 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6877

I saw it. I'm calling my shot. Heat will be better than the Celts. I'm only worried about the Magic, but not really.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:53 pm

The Heat are fucking terrible. 4th place.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The Heat are fucking terrible. 4th place.

Benjamin bet?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:00 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Benjamin bet?

It is not worth betting. Bosh is overrated, James can't shoot for shit, Wade is a walking travel. And the rest of the team absolutely blows. Shaq looks 10 years younger playing this team.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:05 pm

Won't the Heat most likely be 4th if Orlando wins the division?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:09 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Won't the Heat most likely be 4th if Orlando wins the division?

Yes. That was my point. They get locked in at no better than 4.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:13 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Benjamin bet?

It is not worth betting. Bosh is overrated, James can't shoot for shit, Wade is a walking travel. And the rest of the team absolutely blows. Shaq looks 10 years younger playing this team.

What's your take on the Celtics?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:18 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Benjamin bet?

What's your take on the Celtics?

They are really friggin old. But they are huge, really deep, have the best penetrating PG in the league and two great shooters on the wings. If the bench plays well and they stay relatively healthy, they will cakewalk to the Finals. Big ifs.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:19 pm

Oh, and their team defense is sick. Despite their age.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:24 pm

Celtics are way better than the Heat. Lebron has insufficient ARM STRENGTH
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:28 pm

Miami would be awesome in a 3-on-3 pickup tourney with no D.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:42 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Miami would be awesome in a 3-on-3 pickup tourney with no D.

No kidding. I just got NBA Jam for the Wii and they are unstoppable.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:08 pm

Glad to see the NBA hasn't changed a bit. The past 5 minutes have been faker than Joan Rivers' face. This shit makes me believe in professional wrestling.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Shredder on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:31 pm

The Heats will get better over the course of the season but it'll be tough for them without a real post player. Haslem isn't anything special and Big Z is all washed up. They'll also play teams with better big guys than Shaq, including the Celtics with Perkins later in the season. Still, the Celtics looked good and showed they can defend the Heat.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:33 pm

I don't give a shit how many games the Celtics or Heat win. What matters is who wins in the playoffs, and it will very likely be the Celtics.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bcbcbcbcbc4444 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:23 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Benjamin bet?

Im surprised youd cite James, Bosh and Wade to explain the deficiencies of this team. They are clearly not the problem. The reason the Heat will not win or even reach the championship this year is because, outside of those three players, it is basically a D league team.
bcbcbcbcbc4444
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:49 am

bcbcbcbcbc4444 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Benjamin bet?

Im surprised youd cite James, Bosh and Wade to explain the deficiencies of this team. They are clearly not the problem. The reason the Heat will not win or even reach the championship this year is because, outside of those three players, it is basically a D league team.

I thought that was obvious. Was just noting that there are giant holes in the games of the modern day big three. Their non-shooting, piss poor dribbling, charge like a bull in a china shop to the hoop, off balance clanker style of play is downright unwatchable. LeBron James is a great athlete and a mediocre basketball player. Wade is marginally better. Bosh has the best skills of the three, but he can't see the ball and plays like a pussy.

They just aren't that good. A supporting cast wouldn't fix it. They'll win 60 games or so, and bow out in the first two rounds when they play teams with defense. And they are going to be the 4 seed because this team won't score with Dwight Howard protecting the basket from dunks, the only way Wade and James can put it in the hoop.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:35 am

This useless thread is why I set my DVR. Talk to me in June.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleDave on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:45 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bcbcbcbcbc4444 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Benjamin bet?

I thought that was obvious. Was just noting that there are giant holes in the games of the modern day big three. Their non-shooting, piss poor dribbling, charge like a bull in a china shop to the hoop, off balance clanker style of play is downright unwatchable. LeBron James is a great athlete and a mediocre basketball player. Wade is marginally better. Bosh has the best skills of the three, but he can't see the ball and plays like a pussy.

They just aren't that good. A supporting cast wouldn't fix it. They'll win 60 games or so, and bow out in the first two rounds when they play teams with defense. And they are going to be the 4 seed because this team won't score with Dwight Howard protecting the basket from dunks, the only way Wade and James can put it in the hoop.

This. The Heat will win more games than the C's because the C's don't give a crap about the regular season. When it comes down to money time though, the Celtics will clobber this team. LeBron is incapable of being in a flowing offense. I completely forgot Wade and Bosh were even on the team once LeBron went all Cleveland on everyone and started bringing the ball up and barreling to the rim without even the though of a pass.

Couple that with the lack of size and shooting and this team is a walking 2nd round, ECF loss.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:54 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Their non-shooting, piss poor dribbling, charge like a bull in a china shop to the hoop, off balance clanker style of play is downright unwatchable.

Which is exactly why I can't stand and don't watch the NBA
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:59 am

While everyone has been focusing their ire on LeBron James, I will be the first to say that the Heat player I want to see die a painful, fiery, untimely AIDS-infected death is Chris Bosh. Fucking 7 foot tall shooting guard who can't guard a PF in the league managed to insert himself into the "best players in the league" discussion mouth breathers in the media have without actually earning it through his play. He got there because he's buddies with Wade and James, and has been relentlessly pimping himself out on twitter and any outlt that will have him. He's an insufferable douchebag and I hope he chokes on a gummy bear today.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:48 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:While everyone has been focusing their ire on LeBron James, I will be the first to say that the Heat player I want to see die a painful, fiery, untimely AIDS-infected death is Chris Bosh. Fucking 7 foot tall shooting guard who can't guard a PF in the league managed to insert himself into the "best players in the league" discussion mouth breathers in the media have without actually earning it through his play. He got there because he's buddies with Wade and James, and has been relentlessly pimping himself out on twitter and any outlt that will have him. He's an insufferable douchebag and I hope he chokes on a gummy bear today.

Bomber,

As a graduate in 1974, I am horrfied with your homphobic behavior and references.

He wanted to play with Lebron.

Why?

If Miami loses, Lebron and Dwayne take the "HEAT" and Chris who wanted South beach girls all along....skates for 6 years!

Sweet.

He probaly is still "injured" from last year's cruise to free agency--- and will never mix it up down low. The Heat need him at a huge Nowitski small forward ---who can't shoot like Dirk ---and Lebron at PF and with no center and point guard...the Heat are like 9 said...4th place.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleDave on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:54 am

Bosh isn't exactly a stiff, but he's certainly nowhere near the conversation of the 10-15 best players in the NBA. If you put a top tier center around him he's effective, but he's not good enough to anchor a front court by himself. He'll get exposed further as the season moves along as a great player on bad teams.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:26 pm

The Heat will win 60+ regular season games and fold in the playoffs like bitches.

This Celtics team is built for another finals run. Their record won't be great because Doc will rest the old guys like he did last season. They'll turn it on when they need to.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:33 pm

Bosh in the herald today: “Really, it’s all about being on TV, at the end of the day,” Bosh said midday Tuesday after his team’s shootaround session at TD Garden. “Seriously. A guy can average 20 and 10, nobody really cares. If you don’t see it, then it really doesn’t happen.”

He wants to be famous first, win in the NBA second.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:07 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Bosh in the herald today: “Really, it’s all about being on TV, at the end of the day,” Bosh said midday Tuesday after his team’s shootaround session at TD Garden. “Seriously. A guy can average 20 and 10, nobody really cares. If you don’t see it, then it really doesn’t happen.”

He wants to be famous first, win in the NBA second.

Of course he does, like TW says, it's professional wrestling. When your league's offseason is more compelling than the regular season and playoffs, what you've got is a show, not a competition.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby shockdoct on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:57 pm

shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:45 pm

What a bunch of haters. Right now, all of you are saying that they are no better than a 4th place team. When they're dancing on South Beach next summer, you'll be saying that they bought a championship.

I really don't care about this. I'm just stirring the pot for the hoops weirdos.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum