ICE JAM!! BE THERE!!!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: ICE JAM!! BE THERE!!!

Postby commavegarage on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:49 am

Puerto Rico Eagle {l Wrote}:What would be a success? 2000? 2500? I mean...first time, new coach, national champions, Vanilla Ice...

I heard the event organizers are expecting over 7,000. Seriously.

I don't think we get more than 3,000.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:14 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Puerto Rico Eagle {l Wrote}:What would be a success? 2000? 2500? I mean...first time, new coach, national champions, Vanilla Ice...

I'll be extremely interested to see what the attendance figure is.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:14 pm

jammy jam jam jamjam jamjam jamjamjam jam Jam!

Ice Jam!

Jamoo jambo jango bango!

Ice jam!

jammin jammin jammin jammin jammin

Ice jam!

Jam jammy jamjam

jam jam!
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:31 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

If we have 7,000, I wouldn't want to be one of the ones who gets seated by the ghost.

cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:20 pm

I acutally have a better picture from that night, if you look 2 sections over (still in the "student section") you'll see 2 50+ year old ladies, that's it. I'll try to find it tonight.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:27 pm

This gonna get streamed somewhere? I'd like to see but i can't make it
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BCMcG on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:43 pm

BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:47 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:There's a link to the stream here:
http://bceagles.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/092110aaa.html

thanks
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BCMcG on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:52 pm

And...

7,000?!!! Give me a break! 3,000 tops, probably closer to 2,000. The nerds will be too busy watching Glee tonight.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Will Thompson, current LB will be singing. This should be funny. the whole lawrence family thing is kinda weird though.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby tuggle for heisman on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:48 pm

Actually a fairly fun event. Decent crowd as well. Not 7000 but I would say mid 4000. Sorry don't have pics. Also found out the UGBC tried to get Dropkick Murphy's but they dropped out at the last minute and had to kid Vanilla Ice at the last minute. He was hilarious but I think the crowd didn't know how to react to him.
tuggle for heisman
n00b

Postby branchinator on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:01 pm

I'd rather listen to Vanilla Ice than the Dropkick Murphys. They fucking suck. BC students caught a break.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby ryrob on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:04 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:I'd rather listen to Vanilla Ice than the Dropkick Murphys. They fucking suck. BC students caught a break.

Agreed. I don't understand the obsession. SUTB is good for a pump-up song, but it's not good music unless you're into shitty pseudo-metal.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby tuggle for heisman on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:10 pm

also, i couldve sworn i saw Al Skinner in the crowd when they were panning to students before the event started. I think he was lower level far side from entrance on the bball side. anyone know what he is up to these days?
tuggle for heisman
n00b

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:09 am

branchinator {l Wrote}:I'd rather listen to Vanilla Ice than the Dropkick Murphys. They fucking suck. BC students caught a break.

If you say the Dropkick Murphys suck you've obviously never seen them open with "For Boston" in Agganis Arena on St. Patrick's Day, less than 24 hours after BC beat BU in the Hockey East Tournament semis, while wearing your BC jersey because you're going straight from the concert to the championship game that night.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:11 am

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:

If you say the Dropkick Murphys suck you've obviously never seen them open with "For Boston" in Agganis Arena on St. Patrick's Day, less than 24 hours after BC beat BU in the Hockey East Tournament semis, while wearing your BC jersey because you're going straight from the concert to the championship game that night.

... and then slept in an ATM station after the game.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby screagle on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:01 pm

i was one of the very few creepy alumns in attendance, though i agree with TRE that it had to have been most awkward for robert van winkle. a few observations:

- they had one of those powerful search lights outside of conte beaming up into the sky.
- the 4k attendance estimate above feels rich to me. i'd say between 2k and 3k.
- the new lighting system effects worked well in conte... i hope they use that for hoops and hockey game intros.
- the coaches were driven onto the ice in various vehicles - police cruiser (women's hockey coach), the eagle bmw (jerry york) and a black pickup truck with fire painted on it (the don)... the bmw hit the ice with a lot of speed and was momentarily out of control... almost hit the boards. it also exited in a reckless fashion. i was secretly hoping spaz and tranquil were standing near the exit. those two were nowhere in sight.
- costas was typical costas. when he was interviewing the coaches, there was a lot of chatter throughout the arena, which was embarassing. no 'bama from the students.
- when asked why he took the job at bc, the don responded that it's a great academic institution, great city, and it's a place where a national championship can be won. BC GUY.
- southern attempted a dunk during warm ups and missed. he may be the only 6-11 man on earth that can't throw it down.
- raji bulked up the most. reggie added some muscle. southern looks exactly the same to me, other than the new afro. biko lost weight. dunn and trap look like they are in better shape. humphrey has good size and looks athletic. moton looks athletic. rubin is rail thin but has a good frame to add weight to... he's tall. he also won the 3-point contest which flutie participated in. biko still has that awkward release, but it looks a little better.
- it was obvious that the hoops team is a very close knit bunch... lots of smiles, joking around and comraderie that was absent during recent skinner years. these guys are having fun and actually look like they want to be on the floor.
- they had video recordings of dudley, gionta and chris o'donnell. made me like dudley even more. he also called out the fans and told them to get to the games.
- vanilla ice had no shame... went out there and delivered an energic "ice jam, baby", capping it off with a perfect "word to your mutha!"

for once, i actually praise the athletic dept and UGBC. they put a lot of thought into making this about as fun as it could be and starting a new tradition. the student turn out was good, but it remains to be seen if they will get excited and get to games.

screagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCMcG on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:54 pm

I couldn't believe how many players there were. I keep thinking this year's team has about 8 players on it, but there are 14 on the roster (4 walk-ons and 1 transfer).
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:39 pm

Those two dunks from Reggie above are sick. He should enter the college slam dunk contest.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby footer20 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:28 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:Those two dunks from Reggie above are sick. He should enter the college slam dunk contest.

Wouldn't be surprsed to see him there. He'll be a very good player in the ACC and all he should need to get in is the film of the dunk vs Miami (you know, te one at the end of the game with the bullshit charge call)
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:30 pm

EagleVideoServices {l Wrote}:

If you are in Boston on Tuesday October 26 come to ICE JAM!!

BC's First Midnight Madness! Event is hosted by Bob Costas and will feature a special musical guest! Starts at 8pm! If you are excited post the youtube link in your facebook page!! OR YOUR BLOG!!!

I liked it Vinny
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:21 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:

The Dropkick Murphys were at last night's Flyers game. Just thought I'd share that pointless information.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum