Coach Donahue Chat

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Coach Donahue Chat

Postby claver2010 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:52 am

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Coach Donahue Chat

Postby Brablc on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:14 am

Some pretty generic answers but overall all the right ones. Looking forward to the season to start!
Brablc
McGuinn Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:57 am

Kind of funny - I tried to ask about all the youth this team will have in 2011-2012 and how he would prepare for that season, and I submitted the question during Coach Donahue's chat, but they waited and posed my question to Brownell - it actually kind of applied to him too, I guess.

espn {l Wrote}:Coach, how do you plan to deal with so much youth and get them ready to play in 2011-2012?

Brad Brownell
(10:19 AM)

Anytime you take over a job, you don't have one, two or three freshman, most of your team is made up of freshmen. We only have two seniors on our team and we as coaches have to be demanding of their work effort. We have to be patient in allowing them to grow and learn the system. That can be very challenging for coaches throughout the season.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:57 am

It was pretty boring on the overall but nice to do nonetheless.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Shredder on Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:59 pm

Donahue was on ESPNU's Media Day show today. He spoke highly of Trapani, Raji, Paris and Jackson, saying Reggie is one of the better guards in the conference. Not much else and nothing that we haven't already heard but he came across well. Also there were some clips of our game against Virginia Tech with a good view of lots of empty seats in the student section.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCMcG on Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:48 am

"I've been extremely impressed [with junior guard Reggie Jackson]. He never gets tired. You don't have to take him out after two or three hours. He plays at such a high level. He has a terrific IQ. He is way more skilled than I ever imagined and if there is a guard more talented than him, I haven't seen him. He's a great leader on and off the court. I couldn't ask for more."
-- First-year coach Steve Donahue
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Return to Conte Forum