Awesome BC Piece

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Awesome BC Piece

Postby EagleDave on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:57 am

Really illustrates Donahue's ability to close...particularly when it came to Anderson.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... aab-271279
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Re: Awesome BC Piece

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:04 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:Really illustrates Donahue's ability to close...particularly when it came to Anderson.

Wow, mentioning Smith and Marshall but not Duds makes me wonder about this writer...
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleDave on Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:09 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:Really illustrates Donahue's ability to close...particularly when it came to Anderson.

Wow, mentioning Smith and Marshall but not Duds makes me wonder about this writer...

I think we take the publicity and be happy with it. We'll probably never get another national article in Rivals about our recruiting again.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:23 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

I think we take the publicity and be happy with it. We'll probably never get another national article in Rivals about our recruiting again.

No complaints...just pointing out a glaring omission.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:13 pm

"He wants to build with young guys who establish themselves as freshmen and sophomores and grow in the program as juniors and seniors."

Corey Raji, Josh Southern, Rakim Sanders, Cortney Dunn, Biko Paris.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:27 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:"He wants to build with young guys who establish themselves as freshmen and sophomores and grow in the program as juniors and seniors."

In retrospect, we can see that class as a grab bag of what appeared to be the best players available, most of whom have disappointed. Donahue's class of 2011 has elements of consistency: they all play smart, they can all shoot the ball, and (Caudill aside) they all run the floor pretty well. Only the future will tell how well they perform, but at least it looks like a plan.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:43 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:"He wants to build with young guys who establish themselves as freshmen and sophomores and grow in the program as juniors and seniors."

wow, you really are a miserable, HJS-level, negative cocksucker, mrs. skinner. I guess all recruiting classes HAVE TO suck as bad as that one.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:10 am

I think it would be in the board's best interest if one or at most two posters was identified as Mrs. Skinner. It's getting confusing.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:00 pm

I am Mrs. Al Skinner.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Shredder on Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:50 pm

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

In retrospect, we can see that class as a grab bag of what appeared to be the best players available, most of whom have disappointed. Donahue's class of 2011 has elements of consistency: they all play smart, they can all shoot the ball, and (Caudill aside) they all run the floor pretty well. Only the future will tell how well they perform, but at least it looks like a plan.

I agree with the plan aspect. While the talent of Donahue's recruits is still uncertain because they haven't played yet and still questionable because only Anderson and Jackson have really drawn ratings, it is clear that Donahue has a plan for the team and is recruiting players that he believes fit his vision. Moreover, by recruiting Caudill as a center, Clifford as a forward/center, Anderson at forward and Jackson and Odio as wings, it's clear that Donahue is building a team. Skinner got away from that after the Smith and Dudley teams, possibly because he lost Coen and Cooley but maybe also because he was looking at talent first in the ACC move. What we need now is a properly constructed team.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:25 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

wow, you really are a miserable, HJS-level, negative cocksucker, mrs. skinner. I guess all recruiting classes HAVE TO suck as bad as that one.

The past two months have been great, and I'm pretty sure it's because we haven't spoken once. Excuse me for bringing up relevant information in a logical manner in order to try to contribute to a conversation. I know, I know, you're probably thinking to yourself "Why would anyone want to do that?", but I have been enthusiastic about the Steve's recruiting process. And there is no bit of text anywhere that you can dig up that can prove otherwise. Get the facts right. Again.

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

I agree with this in the sense that a team is being constructed, not thrown together. This is more the feedback I was looking for (y'know, the intelligent kind) as opposed to the other approach of starting a random slapfight without any sort of logic.

Calling me Mrs. Skinner is retarded. I supported the Don's hire and his "hard-work" recruiting. In other words, for once I agreed with you. And I'm definitely embarassed to say I do.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:32 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

The past two months have been great, and I'm pretty sure it's because we haven't spoken once. Excuse me for bringing up relevant information in a logical manner in order to try to contribute to a conversation. I know, I know, you're probably thinking to yourself "Why would anyone want to do that?", but I have been enthusiastic about the Steve's recruiting process. And there is no bit of text anywhere that you can dig up that can prove otherwise. Get the facts right. Again.

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

I agree with this in the sense that a team is being constructed, not thrown together. This is more the feedback I was looking for (y'know, the intelligent kind) as opposed to the other approach of starting a random slapfight without any sort of logic.

Calling me Mrs. Skinner is retarded. I supported the Don's hire and his "hard-work" recruiting. In other words, for once I agreed with you. And I'm definitely embarassed to say I do.

You tell 'em, Mrs. (Riley) Skinner!
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Return to Conte Forum