Ice Jam (Midnight Madness)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Ice Jam (Midnight Madness)

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:37 am

http://bceagles.cstv.com/sports/m-baskb ... 10aaa.html

Here you go. This event sounds pretty cool.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Re: Ice Jam (Midnight Madness)

Postby ryrob on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:48 am

Wow, Bob Costas? They really went all out with this. Great job by athletics and (gasp) the UGBC.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:52 am

This event has a ton of promise and is a yuge step in the right direction. Now the word needs to be spread and the students need to respond in kind.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:57 am

Kudos. This is a very creative idea.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Harry Seaward on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:06 am

so, one side of Conte can yell "another Eagles 3-point basket, BITCH!!!" while the other side yells "another Eagles save, BITCH!!!"
Harry Seaward
Carney Hall

Postby ryrob on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:06 am

Although I just noticed the event starts at 8PM, this is still an excellent idea.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:25 am

Sounds great!

Also, did you catch the part about the lighting/shade system? Sounds like we might have neat-o player introductions with the lights out, a spotlight, and possibly jets of flame or rockets.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Shredder on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:26 am

This is a great idea. I hope NESN televises it.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am

This is going to be great...hopefully non-students dont stay at home to watch the Celtics-Heat opener...
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby apbc12 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:31 am

ryrob {l Wrote}:Although I just noticed the event starts at 8PM, this is still an excellent idea.

Most schools now start Midnight Madness in the evening. Makes it TV- and family-friendly.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:44 am

Excellent job. They should market this during the upcoming football games
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:50 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:Although I just noticed the event starts at 8PM, this is still an excellent idea.

Most schools now start Midnight Madness in the evening. Makes it TV- and family-friendly.

I went to "Late Night with Roy" last year at UNC...started at 8 pm.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:53 am

ryrob {l Wrote}:Wow, Bob Costas? They really went all out with this. Great job by athletics and (gasp) the UGBC.

I'm 99% sure his daughter goes here but still nice to get a big name to do this
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:01 pm

The best part of that article:

In addition, a new lighting and shade system, allowing the Conte Forum lights to be turned off and on in a matter of seconds, will be unveiled.

Funny Conte's lights used to just have the propensity to turn off during big games...
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby apbc12 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:08 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:The best part of that article:

In addition, a new lighting and shade system, allowing the Conte Forum lights to be turned off and on in a matter of seconds, will be unveiled.

Funny Conte's lights used to just have the propensity to turn off during big games...

Sad. I have memories of arriving for the odd Sunday @ noon basketball game and noticing the lights were still warming up.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:04 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Sounds great!

Also, did you catch the part about the lighting/shade system? Sounds like we might have neat-o player introductions with the lights out, a spotlight, and possibly jets of flame or rockets.

Or Jet Smith riding a flaming rocket...
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby shockdoct on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:04 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:Wow, Bob Costas? They really went all out with this. Great job by athletics and (gasp) the UGBC.

She does indeed go to BC.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:22 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I would have a target on her back, sort of like I wanted to bang Sarah Seaver before I learned hr dad was a prick.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:28 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I would have a target on her back, sort of like I wanted to bang Sarah Seaver before I learned hr dad was a prick.

Her name was Carol, not Sarah unless that was your pet name for her nannoo

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby weinerdog on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:35 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

She was every bit the bitch you'd expect a prick to spawn.
"...and, more importantly, me."
--Gene DeFilippo, January 7, 2009.
weinerdog
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:57 pm

Not only is this a great idea to get the students excited for both hoops and hockey, but this is a pretty sick recruiting tool with a celebrity like Bob Costas (no matter what you think of him) as emcee...makes for an exciting and "big time" atmosphere. Great idea.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby GodofBeasts94 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:03 pm

This is a very cool thing. I'm more excited about hoops than I have been in years even though our prospects for the upcoming season are so-so. I'll be there for sure. But the Heat-Celtics competition is definitely going to hurt attendance......that's the only part of this plan that is unfortunate......
GodofBeasts94
Carney Hall

Postby footer20 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:38 pm

GodofBeasts94 {l Wrote}:This is a very cool thing. I'm more excited about hoops than I have been in years even though our prospects for the upcoming season are so-so. I'll be there for sure. But the Heat-Celtics competition is definitely going to hurt attendance......that's the only part of this plan that is unfortunate......

I'm extremely excited as well. New jerseys, new coach, new offense, exciting play, midnight madness, and better recruits coming in next year than I thought the Don could get.
Its a whole new slate. We acn all stop bitching about Skinner, and we can let go of our Dudley and Smith seasons. We dont have a coach whos relying on the past to keep his job. Donahues going to work to keep his job, and that makes me excited. The whole environment is getting better. GOOOOO EAAAGGLEEEEES
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:43 pm

weinerdog {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

She was every bit the bitch you'd expect a prick to spawn.

I heard that,i figured it was nothing a degrading anal rodeo couldn't cure. She would deserve it (her dad too)
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:44 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Her name was Carol, not Sarah unless that was your pet name for her nannoo

She was too fat.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Sahonte on Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:45 am

Thanks for your enthusiasm and your input. I am completely in charge of this thing. I have some graet ideas. One is for the zamboni to come out on the basketball floor and tip its box open. But instead of snow dropping out the basketball team will all emerge like from one of those cars at the circus. Next the hockey captains will come out with rockets up their asses and they will get in downhill racing tucks and blast around the ice at 200 mph with colored fireworks trailing behind them. Then 2 hockey players will drill holes in the ice and drop fishing lines down. They will "catch" Fr Leahy, Gene d., and coaches York and Donahue who will come up out of the holes in the ice.

Next BC will unveil its new parquet floor for basketball, but they will also show their new parquet ice surface made up of thousands of pre-fab ice cubes. I am filming the installation of each pre-fab section of the ice surface and will show it on the jumbotron in wicked fast motion so that 598 ice cubes per second are laid down and the whole process is condensed to 27 seconds.

Finally the basketball players will all stand on each other's shoulders like Dr Suess characters until the can reach the rafters of Conte where they will unveil the hockey national championship banner.

Go Eagles!!! Hoopsters!!!! Pucksters!!!!
Sahonte
n00b

Postby claver2010 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:10 am

footer20 {l Wrote}:I'm extremely excited as well. New jerseys, new coach, new offense, exciting play, midnight madness, and better recruits coming in next year than I thought the Don could get.
Its a whole new slate. We acn all stop bitching about Skinner, and we can let go of our Dudley and Smith seasons. We dont have a coach whos relying on the past to keep his job. Donahues going to work to keep his job, and that makes me excited. The whole environment is getting better. GOOOOO EAAAGGLEEEEES

Basketball has always been third for me at BC (even though it didn't stop me from going to all but 2 home games over 4 years and allowed me to take the Ghost of Conte picture) and I had essentially zero desire to buy tickets to this yeear if Skinner was going to be brought back. I already have season hockey & football tickets as well as being a member of Pike's Peak, so my sports resources have run pretty dry. But I will wait till the BC Black Friday sale and pick up some basketball tickets, the Don deserves support.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:02 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:I'm extremely excited as well. New jerseys, new coach, new offense, exciting play, midnight madness, and better recruits coming in next year than I thought the Don could get.

Basketball has always been third for me at BC (even though it didn't stop me from going to all but 2 home games over 4 years and allowed me to take the Ghost of Conte picture) and I had essentially zero desire to buy tickets to this yeear if Skinner was going to be brought back. I already have season hockey & football tickets as well as being a member of Pike's Peak, so my sports resources have run pretty dry. But I will wait till the BC Black Friday sale and pick up some basketball tickets, the Don deserves support.

BC basketball deserves the support regardless of the coach.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:43 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

BC basketball deserves the support regardless of the coach.

Since you are Ms. Skinner...care to elaborate why Al never wanted to do one of these events? And yes, I'm only kidding.

:lol:
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby GodofBeasts94 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:15 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Sahonte {l Wrote}:Finally the basketball players will all stand on each other's shoulders like Dr Suess characters until the can reach the rafters of Conte where they will unveil the hockey national championship banner.

Go Eagles!!! Hoopsters!!!! Pucksters!!!!

Our basketball team is way too short to reach the rafters.....Biko on Moton will barely get you to the rim......
GodofBeasts94
Carney Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum