We're #1...Oh Ate

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

We're #1...Oh Ate

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:03 pm

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Re: We're #1...Oh Ate

Postby BC923 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:37 pm

that was a good preview, you'd be hard pressed to find most major outlets that knew that moton and rubin were coming in.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby AdamBC on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:27 pm

Better than UVA and Wake!

:fam
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:32 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:that was a good preview, you'd be hard pressed to find most major outlets that knew that moton and rubin were coming in.

Agreed, the guy definitely did his homework. I still think he put us kind of low not relative to a lot of other major conference schools but I think he gives way too much weight to mid and micro major schools. I mean if we played a school like Belmont I am convinced we would beat them 9 out of 10 times this year, yet somehow Welser puts them a rank ahead of us. I mean heck, even if we lost to them LAST year that would have been beyond bad and I do not see much reason to think we could be worse than last year. I know we sucked last year but our BAD losses were to Northern Iowa and Harvard who have both proved to be at least okay teams last year (you can say what you want about Harvard but Jeremy Lin was sick). At the same time we did beat Michigan, UNC and Providence who were weak last year but certainly not awful.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:49 am

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:that was a good preview, you'd be hard pressed to find most major outlets that knew that moton and rubin were coming in.

Agreed, the guy definitely did his homework. I still think he put us kind of low not relative to a lot of other major conference schools but I think he gives way too much weight to mid and micro major schools. I mean if we played a school like Belmont I am convinced we would beat them 9 out of 10 times this year, yet somehow Welser puts them a rank ahead of us. I mean heck, even if we lost to them LAST year that would have been beyond bad and I do not see much reason to think we could be worse than last year. I know we sucked last year but our BAD losses were to Northern Iowa and Harvard who have both proved to be at least okay teams last year (you can say what you want about Harvard but Jeremy Lin was sick). At the same time we did beat Michigan, UNC and Providence who were weak last year but certainly not awful.

Again, Donahue is a great coach tactically and will use Jackson, Trapani and Raji the right way. We're not doing anything special this year, but I still think we're going to be on the bubble (not 108th).
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dirtywater75 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:06 pm

If Coach D can get a better than expected result with these guys - it will be a major help in recruiting. I just wish he had an extra year with Trapani - who I think is a solid player that did not reach his full potential under Al. What he does with Southern and Dunn will be interesting. Looks like the overall key guy though could be Paris as I agree we lose something by occupying Jackson with PG duties. Last season's performance by Paris was a surprise to most as he showed promise when he had less PT.
Dirtywater75
Carney Hall

Postby EagleDave on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:03 am

Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:If Coach D can get a better than expected result with these guys - it will be a major help in recruiting. I just wish he had an extra year with Trapani - who I think is a solid player that did not reach his full potential under Al. What he does with Southern and Dunn will be interesting. Looks like the overall key guy though could be Paris as I agree we lose something by occupying Jackson with PG duties. Last season's performance by Paris was a surprise to most as he showed promise when he had less PT.

I thought Trapani peaked that first year when nobody knew anything about him or believed he could play in the ACC. After 1 trip around the conference, teams were ready for him last year and he looked porous for 75% of the year. Unless he can adapt or change his style of play I wouldn't expect much better than last season.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Return to Conte Forum