Rumors that Humphrey (Oregon Transfer) under investigation

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Rumors that Humphrey (Oregon Transfer) under investigation

Postby Casey on Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:45 pm

Rumors are floating around that Humphrey is being investigated for possible dealings/connections with an agent. Can anyone add any color? Was he ever considered good enough for this to even make sense?

Any improprieties would be 100% on Oregon's watch, so BC's hands are clean. I just hope the press (i.e., Globe) doesn't use this as an excuse to cast a shadow over Steve's Halo.

He has to sit out the year anyway, so it won't affect this season. But I assume we need this guy next year, and this year to scrimmage 5 on 5.
Casey
Carney Hall

Re: Rumors that Humphrey (Oregon Transfer) under investigation

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:48 pm

He was highly recruited. It'd be really nice to have him. Losing both Taylor and Humphrey, both very likely impact players, would suck but it would also mean more recruits. The more 4 year players the better.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:32 pm

Even if rumors are true (which at this point there is no reason to assume they are), I find it hard to imagine this would now mean Humphrey will no longer play for BC. He is ineligible this season anyways for transfer and it is Oregon's prerogative who recruited him to insure no shady dealings took place with an agent. That being said, if we do lose Humphrey I think it would definitely hurt not so much because it requires us to find another recruit as much as it further unevens the class distribution. Even though many suggested that Donahue will fill 6 spots for 2011, I am hoping 5 get filled to give us more scholarships for the future year after Donahue has further established himself while distributing the class more so a majority of the team isn't all one year that will leave the program at the same time. If Humphrey leaves, filling only 5 spots is probably no longer an option unless he gets another transfer student (which certainly wouldn't be out of the question, but at this point in the year, not a very likely scenario).
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Casey on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:27 am

I scanned around internet, and from what I can tell, Humphrey is not the focus of the investigation or in trouble.

It looks like some agent was either trying to orchestrate a package deal that would have 3-4 Oregon players all transfer to the same college. The center piece of the deal was Oregon's prized center, who just signed a contract with a top Israeli team. Regardless, Humprhey announced his intent to transfer to BC long before the problematic actions ... and since the package deal never came to fruition, obviously no money was ever exchanged.

My hunch is that the NCAA is more interested in what teams may have been driving the agent to attempt the package deal.
Casey
Carney Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:30 am

I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:04 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:Even if rumors are true (which at this point there is no reason to assume they are)

... except for the fact that he plays college basketball, which is neck deep in shady and corrupt dealings.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby RyanBC on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:27 pm

what kind of a retarded idiot agent tries to do a package transfer deal? :lol: :laugh
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Return to Conte Forum