Hohler article on Donahue

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Hohler article on Donahue

Postby bcmurph on Sun May 09, 2010 7:13 am

"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Re: Hohler article on Donahue

Postby shockdoct on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:47 pm

Didn't want this to get buried in a previous topic
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:15 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:Didn't want this to get buried in a previous topic

wow....wow...wow. The fact that some people are not excited about what he is already doing shocks me.

"On his first day as BC coach, Donahue reached out to some of the most influential figures in New England youth basketball, hoping to repair crucial relationships that frayed during Skinner’s 13-year tenure. The list of elite Division 1 players from New England who have shunned BC in recent years include Erik Murphy (Florida), Nate Lubick (Georgetown), Jordan Williams (Maryland), Alex Oriakhi (Connecticut), and Carson Desrosiers (Wake Forest).

Some terrific players have left the region, for whatever reason,’’ Donahue said. “That’s why I wanted to reach out to those guys.’’

“He’s doing all the right things,’’ Gassnola said. “Without a doubt, he’s going to change the impression some of us had of BC basketball.’’’

“We’ve got to change everything in terms of accountability, discipline, and commitment,’’ he said. “The players really need to take ownership of the program. I don’t sense a lot of that right now. It’s not going to be easy, but it needs to happen.’’
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleDave on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:59 pm

It's the people who defended Skinner despite this overwhelming evidence that says he flat out didn't recruit, and couldn't keep players from his own backyard at home that baffle me...
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:38 am

I'll be excited when he (a) lands one of these guys or (b) wins. Until then, it is all talk.

For a guy that bashes Jags for being a snake oil salesman, it is a little ironic that OJ is the head of the "DONAHUE IS SAYING HE IS TRYING REAL HARD!!!" brigade.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:54 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'll be excited when he (a) lands one of these guys or (b) wins. Until then, it is all talk.

For a guy that bashes Jags for being a snake oil salesman, it is a little ironic that OJ is the head of the "DONAHUE IS SAYING HE IS TRYING REAL HARD!!!" brigade.

exalt
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Harry Seaward on Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:36 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'll be excited when he (a) lands one of these guys or (b) wins. Until then, it is all talk.

but they're totally different.

Reasons:

1) uh ... um ... er ...

sorry OJ, I got nothing.
Harry Seaward
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:28 pm

I get it...we shouldn't be optimistic about things even though what he is doing clearly leads one to beieve that he will be very successful.

You have to be a complete fucking idiot to not see the positives so far. He will win at BC....and he will recruit his ass off. But the negative nancy's and skinner lovers can continue to deny it....I couldn't give a shit.
Last edited by Eagledom on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:50 pm

You'd have to be a complete idiot to get excited before the guy lands a big recruit or coaches a game.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:54 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You'd have to be a complete idiot to get excited before the guy lands a big recruit or coaches a game.

this may be the dumbest thing you have ever posted.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:57 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You'd have to be a complete idiot to get excited before the guy lands a big recruit or coaches a game.

You keep squeezing one out to the effort. Let me know if he actually lands a good recruit. All this talk of how hard he is working to not land anyone is boring the shit out of me.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:59 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

You keep squeezing one out to the effort. Let me know if he actually lands a good recruit. All this talk of how hard he is working to not land anyone is boring the shit out of me.

Its not about "the effort". You are really missing the point.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:08 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

If there is one, yes, I am missing it. You are applauding a guy that hasn't landed a legit player or won a game yet as being better than the last coach. Like I said, let me know when he actually recruits better instead of just tries harder. I will be really happy when that finally happens.

Kids at the special olympics try hard. They don't beat Usain Bolt in a race, no matter how lazy he is that day.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

If there is one, yes, I am missing it. You are applauding a guy that hasn't landed a legit player or won a game yet as being better than the last coach. Like I said, let me know when he actually recruits better instead of just tries harder. I will be really happy when that finally happens.

Kids at the special olympics try hard. They don't beat Usain Bolt in a race, no matter how lazy he is that day.

Some more brilliance here from TWB. You really are a jerk aren't you?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:18 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I guess I can identify when a coach will succeed better than you. You can just wait and be negative in the meantime.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:20 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Some more brilliance here from TWB. You really are a jerk aren't you?

Yes, but that's beside the point. Sorry if working really hard and not landing any players doesn't really do anything for me.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I guess I can identify when a coach will succeed better than you. You can just wait and be negative in the meantime.

I am not negative. I like Donahue, always have. Think he will have tremendous success. I am just not looking for every excuse like "he talked to an AAU coach and really, really wants a local player!" to pat the guy on the back. I'll pat him on the back when he does something.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I am not negative. I like Donahue, always have. Think he will have tremendous success. I am just not looking for every excuse like "he talked to an AAU coach and really, really wants a local player!" to pat the guy on the back. I'll pat him on the back when he does something.

No, you are just being a negative argumentative pain in the ass. Its clear that his in recruiting and selling the program/repairing damage that Skinner created will lead to success. You just don't see it.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:32 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

No, you are just being a negative argumentative pain in the ass. Its clear that his in recruiting and selling the program/repairing damage that Skinner created will lead to success. You just don't see it.

As you were Nostradamus, as you were.

And laughing my ass off at "the damage Al Skinner did to the program." That's some funny shit.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:33 pm

Oh, and seriously, let me know when he does something.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:36 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Oh, and seriously, let me know when he does something.

sure thing Mrs. Skinner.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:43 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Oh, and seriously, let me know when he does something.

sure thing Mrs. Skinner.

Must be nice to see the world in black and white OJ. Keeps things simple for you.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:30 pm

OJ calling someone else negative and argumentative... now that's rich.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Return to Conte Forum