Big Ten/ACC Challenge Dates Announced

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Big Ten/ACC Challenge Dates Announced

Postby EagleDave on Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:15 pm

Monday, November 29th
Virginia @ Minnesota

Tuesday, November 30th
North Carolina @ Illinois
Ohio State @ Florida State
Michigan @ Clemson
Georgia Tech @ Northwestern
Iowa @ Wake Forest

Wednesday, December 1st
Michigan State @ Duke
Purdue @ Virginia Tech
North Carolina State @ Wisconsin
Indiana @ Boston College
Maryland @ Penn State
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Re: Big Ten/ACC Challenge Dates Announced

Postby Eagle1999 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:22 pm

With Nebraska coming in, looks like this is the last year an ACC team will sit this out.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby EagleDave on Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:27 pm

Probably a good thing, as BC would likely be the one sitting out next year.
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:37 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:Probably a good thing, as BC would likely be the one sitting out next year.

I don't understand your constant negative attitude about next season. We're not going to be great, but we're certainly not finishing last in the ACC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleDave on Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:42 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:Probably a good thing, as BC would likely be the one sitting out next year.

I don't understand your constant negative attitude about next season. We're not going to be great, but we're certainly not finishing last in the ACC

Lack of depth, size, and talent at almost every position. They might not finish last, but don't pretend like they won't be duking it out with the Raleigh Clown College and the 'Hoo's for the honors...
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:00 pm

They won't come close to finishing last. They also won't come close to finishing first. I say about 7th or 8th.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:49 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:They won't come close to finishing last. They also won't come close to finishing first. I say about 7th or 8th.

I'd say you're right. Upside = 5th Downside = 10th. You're forgetting that Frank Haith still has a coaching job in the ACC.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ryrob on Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:56 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:They won't come close to finishing last. They also won't come close to finishing first. I say about 7th or 8th.

I'd say you're right. Upside = 5th Downside = 10th. You're forgetting that Frank Haith still has a coaching job in the ACC.

and Sidney Lowe
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:51 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

and Sidney Lowe

Lowe got a recruiting class this year that even Paul Hewitt couldn't butcher. NCST is an NCAA Tournament team this year unless those frosh really suck.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:58 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

and Sidney Lowe

Lowe got a recruiting class this year that even Paul Hewitt couldn't butcher. NCST is an NCAA Tournament team this year unless those frosh really suck.

Roy Williams could butcher a class that good. See 2009-10.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:13 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

and Sidney Lowe

Haven't given up yet on this? Sidney Lowe, Lenoard Hamilton and Frank Haith all suck at coaching much more than Roy Williams.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:24 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

and Sidney Lowe

Haven't given up yet on this? Sidney Lowe, Lenoard Hamilton and Frank Haith all suck at coaching much more than Roy Williams.

Then there is no reason to believe that Lowe could not butcher his class as well as Roy butchered his class of 8 McDs AAs.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Return to Conte Forum