Blue Clips

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Blue Clips

Postby BCMcG on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:26 pm

From Jon Jaques, one of Coach D's former players...

http://www.slamonline.com/online/college-hs/college/2010/07/blue-clips/

So although I will be more democratic in my coverage of college basketball topics on this blog, of course the blog’s title pays homage to Cornell Basketball. “Blue Clips” is one of the many idioms our coach Steve Donahue (now the head man at Boston College) became known for during my career. Whenever we sat down for a team film session, the clips Coach D decided had won us the previous game were marked with a blue tab on his laptop. One-hundred percent of the time these clips would feature us diving on the floor, grabbing 50-50 balls, making an extra pass, or scrapping for an offensive rebound to earn an extra possession. Coach D started calling these highlights “Blue Clips” and the rest is history.

Since this expression literally came out of the blue, our team thought it was hilarious and ran with it. We congratulated each other for Blue Clips. We pointed out the Blue Clips to each other in other games we watched. Coach D begged us for Blue Clips before and during games (“Blue Clips” was written on the whiteboard pre-game checklist before each NCAA Tournament game). Since it turned out that Blue Clips helped us win basketball games, the term became much more than an inside joke. So in Cornell basketball lingo, Blue Clips = success. I apologize if I picked a title that means nothing to anyone but myself, but (get ready for the cheesiest closer of all time) I’ll strive for “Blue Clips” in every blog I write (warned you).

Without this turning into a Skinner vs. Donahue argument, win or lose, the upcoming season should be a nice change from the lethargy of last year's team.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Re: Blue Clips

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:43 pm

I personally found cramming 5 players into the paint on offense very entertaining... :lame
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Shredder on Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:28 pm

Blue Clips should be this year's Snakes on a Plane team rallying cry.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby Shredder on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Shredder {l Wrote}:Blue Clips should be this year's Snakes on a Plane team rallying cry.

except replace sam jackson with shaq and penny

Reggie needs to make sure he passes TV.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Return to Conte Forum