New "Final Four" added to NCAAs

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

New "Final Four" added to NCAAs

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:14 pm

Now coaches can beg to keep their jobs because they made it to the "second round" of the NCAAs even though they went 0-1. They're also going to start handing out trophies for each regular season win. Sheesh.
Last 4 AQ teams v. last 4 at-large teams in "First Round"
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Re: New "Final Four" added to NCAAs

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:50 pm

The announcement was delayed for a week so that the NCAA could trademark "The First Four".
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:58 pm

I am going to trademark "The Prior Four" I think it has a better ring. What do you think?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:02 pm

I'm utterly confused.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:38 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:I'm utterly confused.

I agree!! This is right up there with conference expansion, I swear the NCAA is just making it up as they go
Final Four/First Four , the first round is now the second round… Big Ten (11)12 -Big 12-2= big 10? Can someone tell me what’s going on? Up is down? :?
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:40 pm

There's a good chance we could be a part of this little basketball experiment this season....
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ryrob on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:13 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:There's a good chance we could be a part of this little basketball experiment this season....

Maybe if the NIT adds a First Four. This year is going to be brutal.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:38 am

ryrob {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:There's a good chance we could be a part of this little basketball experiment this season....

Disagree. We need Paris and Southern to turn into decent players and this team can suprise. Jackson, Raji and Trapani are all solid ACC level players and Elmore is right on the cusp.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ryrob on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:30 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:

Disagree. We need Paris and Southern to turn into decent players and this team can suprise. Jackson, Raji and Trapani are all solid ACC level players and Elmore is right on the cusp.

What exactly do you think is going to "click" for Paris and Southern this year? Don't say Donahue either, Biko can't shoot for shit (or do anything else well for that matter) and Southern is a basketball nothing. They are who we thought they were. Agree that Jackson, Raji, and Trapani are good enough though.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:36 am

ryrob {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:

What exactly do you think is going to "click" for Paris and Southern this year? Don't say Donahue either, Biko can't shoot for shit (or do anything else well for that matter) and Southern is a basketball nothing. They are who we thought they were. Agree that Jackson, Raji, and Trapani are good enough though.

I’m not expecting miracles out of this team, but I think we have enough “talent” to make the NIT. We need to handle the OOC cupcake teams and not repeat Maine/Harvard x3. Last years team +1or 2 wins would have made the NIT. I’m expecting .500 in the ACC at best
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby EagleDave on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:04 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:

Agreed. At some point, you are what you are...particularly after 3 years. This team would be lucky to qualify for the CBI with a opening round road game at Alcorn State.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Return to Conte Forum