Silver Lining For the Celtics?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Silver Lining For the Celtics?

Postby EagleDave on Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:38 pm

I just realized something while in my booze and sun induced coma on Cape Cod this weekend. The destruction of the Cavaliers and the addition of a weaker (theoretically) Miami Heat team...at least for this year...could provide an extension of the ever popular "window" for the Celtics. Unless Miami is able to surround these 3 with quality guys, they might not be better than a feisty 2nd round team. That could mean that the Orlando Magic are the only viable opposition for the C's in the East. And the Magic are so toilet paper soft, I still don't think they could take the C's...even a year older. Hypothetically, if the C's were to finish with the best record in the East, they could avoid either of those teams until the East finals, and the only above .500 team they'd play beforehand would be those lovable folding chairs, the Atlanta Hawks.

Suddenly the prospect of a title run next year isn't quite as unreasonable.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Re: Silver Lining For the Celtics?

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:31 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:I just realized something while in my booze and sun induced coma on Cape Cod this weekend. The destruction of the Cavaliers and the addition of a weaker (theoretically) Miami Heat team...at least for this year...could provide an extension of the ever popular "window" for the Celtics. Unless Miami is able to surround these 3 with quality guys, they might not be better than a feisty 2nd round team. That could mean that the Orlando Magic are the only viable opposition for the C's in the East. And the Magic are so toilet paper soft, I still don't think they could take the C's...even a year older. Hypothetically, if the C's were to finish with the best record in the East, they could avoid either of those teams until the East finals, and the only above .500 team they'd play beforehand would be those lovable folding chairs, the Atlanta Hawks.

Suddenly the prospect of a title run next year isn't quite as unreasonable.

You're forgetting the Bulls, who are going to win the East next year. Great young point guard in Rose, lots of other threats both on the perimeter and inside, and they will know Boston's schemes inside and out, and will probably run them better than Boston now that they have Thibodeau. This team gave the Cavs a scare this year, and now they'll be a year older, adding Boozer, Redick, and Korver.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Re: Silver Lining For the Celtics?

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:53 pm

I should add that the one thing that scares me about the Bulls is that they'll have three Dookies either starting or playing important roles (assuming they get Redick).
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Return to Conte Forum